Thread: Emerging Music Stars

Default Emerging Music Stars

Okay, this topic basically is another prediction thread. It should be obvious what it is by the topic, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say
    <font color="yellow">Bonnie McKee</font> and <font color="pink">Toby Lightman</font> are going to be the next big stars. They aren't very popular right now(I doubt anyone here has heard of either of them), but don't compare Bonnie McKee to Fiona Apple or Vanessa Carlton...her voice is much stronger. And don't compare Toby Lightman to Michelle Branch, because Michelle Brance can't sing as well as TL.

Honestly, it pains me to say this...but you can probably find Bonnie McKee's Trouble and Toby Lightman's Little Things CDs for cheap on half.com or eBay. I guarantee you won't be disappointed, if you love and respect real music. :aimsmile:

Not only that, these two artists are one of the FEW artists that can do acoustics right. Listen to Bonnie McKee's Somebody(Acoustic) and Toby Lightman's Devils and Angels(Acoustic) and you'll see what I mean.

So yeah, if it's not obvious already...current stars don't count...and previous one-hit wonders don't count, since they were already stars and people just forgot about them.

Bloc Party are likely to be the next popular rock group to come on to the British scene. They won't break America (we never do) but their first album, Silent Alarm, should sell extremely well considering the reasonable level of exposure they're getting right now. If you get a chance, check out Little Thoughts or Like Eating Glass.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Based on the 2005 billboard end of year charts, I say both of them are one hit wonders.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

the postal service ;[