Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is better for Cloud Aeris or Tifa what do u think?

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

what about my cat?
    who will love ehr if not Cloud?
    *my cat's name is Aerith*
    *the other is Tifa*
    *my cousin named them*
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Quote Originally Posted by Melyna HiRyu
    [Off topic: Your sig is hypocritical. x.x By commanding "fangirls" to stay away you're being one yourself. Sorry, I had to bring this up. I honestly mean no offense. That kind of thing jsut bugs me, thats all. x.x Gomen nasai.]
    Hey, it's a joke.
    Nah, Aerith doesn't need to come back to life. Cloud just needs to die.
    What those evil Cleris are really thinking...

:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/blue_tifa/Faith%20Support/cloti_kiss.png[/img]--> CloTi luv, bitches.

EDIT BY BoB: The image in your sig was too large in file-size, please adjust it!

I wouldn't take Naughty Tifa's sig personally. It's a joke. I think it's pretty humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    Tifa. She was Cloud's lifelong friend, they actually KNEW each other, she cared about him a lot. He hardly knew Aeris. I can't think of any good reason why he'd be better with her.
    Not really lifelong x_x Not really...friends from before...(Replay lifestream scene...)

Aerith! He just seemed happier with her, no matter how long they knew each other or whatever anyway...just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud&Tifa
    What FS said. Aeris (Aerith?) is dead, and while it's all possible, if not probable, that she comes back in dirge of cerberus (as has been hinted at in EGM) I don't think they will be getting together after the tender moment Cloud and Tifa had together on the rocks. (those of you who played the game all the way through know what I'm talking about)
    If you're referring to the Highwind scene, there were three different versions of it depending on the "date night" system. Low affection version, medium affection version, & high affection version.

Oh come off it, battousai. What ever you think, but Cloud still sleeps by Tifa in all those versions, does he not? Thought so. It's not meant to be a love triangle debate so please stop it.
    Nah, Aerith doesn't need to come back to life. Cloud just needs to die.
    What those evil Cleris are really thinking...

:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/blue_tifa/Faith%20Support/cloti_kiss.png[/img]--> CloTi luv, bitches.

EDIT BY BoB: The image in your sig was too large in file-size, please adjust it!

Tifa, hands down.

Why? Aeris gets shiskebabbed by the Masamune that Sephiroth is known for being pretty damn good at using. Tifa will last far longer. (You want someone who'll be there for you in your time of need, right?)

Hmmm, been some quite interesting posts in this thread since I last posted.

Here are some more of my thoughts -

Although I am part Cloti I don't consider their childhood to be a lot of support for their relationship/ the pairing.

The game says they were childhood friends yes but despite that the game later says that the truth was that they weren't really all that close. Even though they lived next to each other Tifa didn't really know Cloud all that well. Tifa herself tells us both of those things. It seems Cloud didn't know Tifa all that well either since on the night he called Tifa out to the well he thought that she would never come, that she hated him.

However come she did even though she herself had thought it was sudden and had felt surprised

I cannot see support for the Cloti pairing from their childhood from before the promise scene, from the promise scene I can see romantic potential

As for Aerith she did not love Cloud because he looked like her ex boyfriend Naughty Tifa, was initially attracted to him because of that yes, loved him because of that no

On that subject is it really so bad to be curious about someone who looks like someone you knew? I know that if someone looked like someone I once knew I’d also be curious, naturally

Whilst Aerith was initially curious about Cloud because he looked like Zack, during disc one she tried to find out more about Cloud and by the end of disc one she was more interested in him for himself than for the Zack part. She spent time on disc one trying to find out more about Cloud not Zack, questioning Marlene about what Cloud was like, I don’t think she would do that if she was only interested in Zack, she already knew what Zack was like Then on the date she tells Cloud that she knows he and Zack are different. So she knows that although they look similar their personalities are different and by telling Cloud she wants to meet him I think that means she wants Cloud not the Zack in Cloud She even tells Cloud that him looking like Zack bothered her

The Highwind event - I don’t know if Cloud sleeping by Tifa means he loves her but I do think them sleeping by each other means they trust each other a lot, people’s defences are down when they sleep, they can be extremely vulnerable when they are sleeping, I know I’d only put myself in such a position with someone if I trusted them
    Aerith fan
    Tifa fan
    Me and boyfriend - A love that crosses oceans
    Cloud and Aerith - Love across dimensions
    Cloud and Tifa - Love across time
    Tifa and Aerith were friends
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/atendertouch/
    Fool's Gold

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

well i cant decide but ill have to go with Aeris, how come she couldnt be revived as you could use several life 4s on her? in DOC Vincent plays the main role and you get to learn more about him and others around him, its set around the time after AC so Aeris should get revived, seems logical.

wth is with Aerith anyway dont you all know that in ff7 her name was Aeris you call her Aerith in kingdom hearts

Tifa all the way.
    I didn't get nearly as attached to Aeris as a lot of people did, it wasn't even that big a deal when she died.

PLUS, she's dead, so she's gone anyways.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Aerith is for people that prefer that translation. Is that so hard to understand?

Also, Life doesnt restore life, and there is no Life 4 spell.

(Before you read this, I'm assuming you've finished FFVII or don't care about seeing a ton of FFVII spoilers in this post. I mark spoilers for other games, though. I even put the game in the spoiler so you didn't know which one.)

(Life4? I don't remember encountering that anywhere. In FFIV, they have lvl4 spells, but they still have two life spells, and they do the same thing as in FFVII. I think in the game, they refer to the status of having 0 HP as being "KO'ed" or "I mean, when you're almost dead." When you cast life on someone, that means they were unconscious so you needed to regain it for them by casting life on them. FFI is the only FF that I remember where you can bring characters back to life b/c the method seems to me rather, uh, non-scientific or having to do with spirituality. They call Aeris's status at the end of disc one, dead. Remember in (SPOILER) FFV when Galuf died they were frantically casting spells on him, but it didn't work? Same deal happens with Aeris, if they decided to put a scene like that in FFVII. )

Oh, and as I stated in the other thread, I am for Cloud and Tifa.

Okay, let's go over why Cloud and Tifa are my choice. First, I'll say stuff against Aeris, and then support Tifa. Don't worry; it's all an essay about the topic. Nothing in there personally attacking the other great members of this forum.

Most sequences involving Aeris and Cloud are where the game gives you a choice involving casual stuff or sex so as to apply it to the date scene. This is a minigame in FF that I think is cute albeit bishoujo, i.e., a game (or in this case, minigame) whose main purpose is to entertain the player with cute girls or to go on dates with them. A dating sim is an example of a bishoujo game--gasp! that's exactly the idea with Aeris! (Read more about those here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishojo_game .) Other scenes involving Aeris deal with her having Zack in mind, so it's an infatuation. Also, Cloud is (lying, not sure what you want to call it) to Aeris and is unwittingly manipulating her into liking him.

Okay, now Tifa. Timeline: before Cloud turns 8, Tifa and he do not know each other very well, then finally he enters her room when her mom dies on the mountain. Following that incident, they get to know each other a little better, but weren't close. They didn't love each other, yet. They were friends, I guess, but not best friends. Cloud really didn't have a close friend. They did know each other enough for her to go to the well when he's 14. It was pretty borderline (as in, Cloud wasn't sure if Tifa wanted to see him), but that's debatable b/c Cloud tends to be not confident during some sequences of the game.

Between 14 and 16 A.C. (that stands for After the birth of Cloud in this and next paragraph, NOT Advent Children (they don't let me use real years like they do in Xenosaga)), her heart grows fonder, as happens a lot in the serious parts of people's lives. She's visibly upset when you see her run off in a Nibelheim gate flashback when you are in the Lifestream getting those versions.

21 AC they re-unite. By this time, I think Tifa has fallen in love with him. After getting him introduced to Avalanche, shortly thereafter Cloud jumps off a train, and the rest is history! Oh, so anyway, as the game progresses and Aeris joins Avalanche and starts flirting with Cloud in front of Tifa, Tifa can't do anything romantic during the first disc except make scoffing gestures (like in the Temple of the Ancients).

Aeris dies, but more importantly I am looking at Tifa support. Looking at Tifa's behavior at the funeral, it's debatable, but I think it more implies that she is not thinking "Mwahaha, now that Aeris is dead, I can make my moves now and seduce Cloud!" She seemed to feel sorry for Cloud, and if that's true, then those feelings in that sort of context represents mature love and not infatuation, if you apply that sort of thing in real life. For example, one way I can show that I truly love my cousin is that I would also feel bad for her if her boyfriend died (god forbid). I would probably even feel guilty for a while at trying to fill his shoes.

When you find Cloud in Mideel, she says "All I care about is Cloud." (btw, before battousai said something about altered scenes, I didn't know about them. So let's assume she says that every time you play the game, unless you name him after yourself if you're a guy .) The most important thing in the lifestream that supports love (and I didn't discuss above) is that his "sealed up secret wish" and "tender memories," which is what I guess you could say was what jumpstarted him and guided him to the answer involving Sephiroth, involves Tifa.

And finally the beautiful Highwind sequence. Cloud and Aeris never did that. They just went on a silly date. The scene between Cloud and Tifa on the Highwind is meant to be very serious. Fate brought these two together, and Sephiroth (ironically, b/c he's the most evil thing in the game except for maybe Jenova) brought them closer together by taking away their hometown. I think when Tifa finally starts to open up to him (and during the time when the game fades out) is when Cloud's love for Tifa has finally caught up to Tifa's love for Cloud.

Finally, during the final field events of FFVII, as the party is walking off the screen, Cloud and Tifa begin walking next to each other. I think that implies that they will be a couple after the game ends. They love each other very dearly. Cloud is friends with the other great people he adventured with and saved the world with, but he doesn't walk next to any of them. Yuffie couldn't even seduce him at the last second (j/k)!

Hrmm.

I don't agree with what was said about Aerith. I'm not going to tell you you're wrong or argue with you about it or anything though, since different people see different things differently and in the case of opinions I think one is as valid as another Unless you want a debate I agree with what was said about Tifa right up until the Highwind scene However not with what was said about the Highwind scene and afterwards.

Think about it this way if what happened between Cloud and Tifa that night was very special then why does Cloud reach for Aerith's hand as soon as he sees it again? Why does he say " The Promised Land ... I think I can meet her there"?

It is something that I've thought about quite a bit and I've come to think that if something did happen that night then I think it was hurtful of Cloud to try to be with Aerith again, I know that if I was Tifa I would feel hurt

I prefer to think that although their bond strengthened that night nothing definite happened, I think it's fairer on all three characters that way

As for Tifa and Cloud being a couple after the game ends Advent Children reveals that *Advent Children spoiler warning - read at own risk*(SPOILER)they aren't. It's been revealed that Aerith is still in his heart. If Tifa and Cloud are to become a couple then I think he has to let Aerith go for good.
    Last edited by ~Tenderness~; 01-14-2005 at 05:08 PM.
    Aerith fan
    Tifa fan
    Me and boyfriend - A love that crosses oceans
    Cloud and Aerith - Love across dimensions
    Cloud and Tifa - Love across time
    Tifa and Aerith were friends
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/atendertouch/
    Fool's Gold

Rats, I have to wait for AC to come out. Now I'm worried about Cloud and Tifa.

Aerith is too much of a girl, Tifa a tough guy
    But maybe that's what strong guys like Cloud look for in a girl...

I haven't met any lead FF-females, but the sidekicks are better[Tifa, Quistis, Lulu....]