Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Ultimate Magic"?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

There's a lot of things that factor into damage, but in the original game, flare's effectiveness rating was higher (fire, blizzard, thunder & poison were at 5, holy was at 10 and flare was at 15 I think). Interestingly enough, flare and holy both do the same element damage (non-elemental).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    In FFII, it is. So what? Aero started out as white magic, too, in FFIII.
    Wasn´t there an Aero in FF2 as well? And then it belongs to black magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_18
    Wasn´t there an Aero in FF2 as well? And then it belongs to black magic.
    That was more the result of a poor translation than anything else. "Aero" in FFII was actually Poison-elemental.

Actually, it started out in FF2, although for some reason it did poison damage. I've always found that wierd. I like wind better than poison anyday

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andreil Darkstorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi
    Actually, it started out in FF2, although for some reason it did poison damage. I've always found that wierd. I like wind better than poison anyday
    Well, it seems it was Poison magic, not Aero.
    You could name Fire something like Opal Bolt or Hyper Ultima and it´d still be Fire.
    Effects decide the spell type, not necessarily the names, since they could be results of poor translations, as mentioned earlier.
    Last edited by Peter_20; 12-05-2005 at 07:19 PM.

Ultima- A spell that at birth of the cartridge is told to do something different every time. Trying to find the correct formula will cause insanity.

I think this is the best definition for the formula of Ultima- Enjoy

Plus who cares how much damage it does to the emporer if you have bllod sword.

Although the fact that u do about 5 dungeons for the stupid thing when u can buy a spell that is sometimes better? Please explain why we couldn't just skip the ultima dungeons and get on with our lives? I'd make up for all the misssed training.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

'cause Stone Cold said so

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

in my SoR game i gave ultima to minwu because he had the highest spirit. although scott had more intelligence than minwu had spirit and his flare was on a higher level than minwus ultima but ultima still did more damage. i think its mainly based on spirit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

in my SoR game i gave ultima to minwu because he had the highest spirit. although scott had more intelligence than minwu had spirit and his flare was on a higher level than minwus ultima but ultima still did more damage. i think its mainly based on spirit.
    It is based on weapon/spell levels. Since Minwu has more spells than Scott, he tends to do more Ultima damage. Spirit/Intelligence have nothing to do with it.

Unfortunately, the world may never know how damage is figured out in the FC version. Also, I too experienced a great amount of damage from Ultima when I first got it in SoR. However, it never really did more damage as I levelled it up, and Scott's Flare soon became much more powerful.