Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would Your Ultimate Weapon Be?

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Meteor on a string, like a yo-yo from hell.

Seriously, a piece of metal pipe about the length of my arm. I'm pretty good with it. Just give it an equip bonus of +10% speed/evade and defense and a 90% chance of inflicting critical hits, and I'd be happy.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

Blog Entries

Wait, this is only FF weapons?

The Diamond Club from FFII (Was it Diamond of Crystal? I think Diamond. I'm pretty sure crystal was only armor)

Man, I would love to be an ogrish bastard bashing heads with the most expensive and most unbreakable club ever. As an added benefit, I'd never be unprepared for a baseball game.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm quite proficient with spears, so something like the Aura Lance.

Who needs fancy things when a dagger in the neck stops anyone.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Paladin_Cecil
    Who needs fancy things when a dagger in the neck stops anyone.
    1. See the post above you.
    2. I threw a knife at a tree once to try and learn to throw knoves. (SPOILER)It bounced back at me and I almost got it in the neck. I guess I'm a kick-ass knife thrower, but I don't want to kill the wrong person. Namely me.
    3. A spear theough the torso stops anyone, and sword, an axe, or a stray cat through the heart stops anyone, a club through the skull stops anything, and a whipping in the toes really hurts.
    4. Knives are for cowards who have no confidence in their martial skill or they're for untrained and unambitious losers who don't belong in a fight situation.
    I've never seen anybody use a knife for fighting unless their opponent was unarmed (Coward! Wuss!)
    I use knives, but only to cut nonliving objects which cannot be opened by any other more simple means.

HOLD UP!!!! You calling RIDDICK a WUSS? YOU BASTARD!!!
    YOU SPOONY BARD!!!!

I fyou ever watch Conan The Destroyer he had a little freind that killed guys with like 2 in. knives. They had swords and nets. (Scary) but he was a coward.

But anyways...
    Anyone who weilds a weapon can be called a coward. They are using a WEAPON. Not fists or anythin you know. It's like sayin Odin is a coward. now cmon a dude with a 6 legged horse can't be a coward.

......or can he?
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Post Wait a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by turnitup5000db
    Dude, gotta be sephiroths masamune... *drools*... mmmm.... endless destruuuuction... tasty....
    Sephiroths masamune is like 8 feet long, so it would have to be comletly solid to prevent bending, and even then, it would weigh too much for a normal human to wield it.

Oh Me? I'd improvise, and go with an aerodynamic, yet light AND powerful
    HUGE neck-cleaving knife like Zabuza's off Naruto (A must-read manga!), or a Buster sword like clouds...(Just using a couple of examples.)
    either that or one like nightmares (LOOK AT MY SIG.)

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Blog Entries

Riddick was a criminal. He didn't learn how to use knives for any respectable reason, I assure you.

Tama: I'm glad you understand. But the weapon aspect is only cowardice when it's unfair. If somebody with a knife does run after somebody with a spear, then it's hard to define whether he's a coward or an idiot. The only fair use of a knife would be, maybe, after both parties are disarmed and they're rolling around on the ground (Because it's the other guy's fault that he is no longer armed)

Guns are even more disgusting than knives. But, since guns are used against guns and other weapons are used as such, the only weapon left to be real cowards weapon is a knife, since it is absolutely worthless unless the user is stabbing somebody in the back (of the neck?).

Odin isn't really a coward, but if he starts killing humans (For fun), then he's definately a jackass. I don't know any Norse Mythology though, so I can't judge him or his character accurately.

But anyway, uh, go clubs.

a Zanbato (giant katana) or a niginata (a pole with a sword on the end)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday
    Atma Weapon simply beacause the stronger you get, the stronger the weapon gets. I just think it's appropriate.
    But... wouldn't that mean that it would be impossible for you to inflict any dammage at all?
    (SPOILER)Just kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tama2
    I fyou ever watch Conan The Destroyer he had a little freind that killed guys with like 2 in. knives. They had swords and nets. (Scary) but he was a coward.

But anyways...
    Anyone who weilds a weapon can be called a coward. They are using a WEAPON. Not fists or anythin you know. It's like sayin Odin is a coward. now cmon a dude with a 6 legged horse can't be a coward.

......or can he?
    Conan is a movie. What's shown in movies have absolutely nothing to do with real battles (most of the time).
    The kenshin anime is a good example. It may be a good anime and the fights may be enjoyable... but you CAN'T fight that way for real. If you tried... it would be your death. Your enemy would just need to stand back and look at you as you cut your own bodyparts off while atempting to do some of those "moves".

As for the thing about weapons being for cowards... any weapon that require "skill" (like swords) are not for cowards if both fighters are armed.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman222
    Sephiroths masamune is like 8 feet long, so it would have to be comletly solid to prevent bending, and even then, it would weigh too much for a normal human to wield it.

Oh Me? I'd improvise, and go with an aerodynamic, yet light AND powerful
    HUGE neck-cleaving knife like Zabuza's off Naruto (A must-read manga!), or a Buster sword like clouds...(Just using a couple of examples.)
    either that or one like nightmares (LOOK AT MY SIG.)
    You say masamune is too heavy... and at the same time YOU would chose something like Clouds butterfly sword? :O_O:

I agree with Martyr on most points but there's just 1 thing:
    In my opinion guns are much whorse than knives in ANY situation. Stabbing with knives are for cowards but guns are for stupid and minless uber cowards with no sense of honour.
    And knives are not completely whortless. If you're in a battle against someone with a sword... it's better to have a knive than being un-armed... even though it would be very hard in both situations. And in that kind of situation... using a knive would not be cowardly. But using a gun would. I really hate guns.

Knife VS Sword is all about the range factor. If the guy has a knife, his goal is going to be to get up as close to you as possible without getting slashed or stabbed, because if he gets past your defense (Usually about 1.5-4 feet from your body with a sword) the sword gets very clumsy, whereas a knife is perfect at that distance. Thats why knives are supposed to be light and small : the less encumberance you have, the easier it is to dodge and move in fast for the kill. In order for that to really work well, you can't have heavy armor on, so you're even more vulnerable to the other guys weapon than before. So a guy with a knife is sitting there with no or very weak armor on, waiting for his moment and dodging, while the guy with the sword (if he has any brain cells at all) is going to be in full armor, agressively trying to hit an unarmored opponent. Who's the coward now?

As for guns, they are only dishonourable if you use them against an opponent who has a less than comparable weapon, and they also have their weaknesses, namely, Ammo Limitations. Also, a thrown knife can kill as efficiently as a gun. Knife is the best melee weapon, sword is the coolest, and honor is all about only fighting people who stand a reasonable chance of fighting back.
    YOU SPOONY BARD!!!!

Blog Entries

Knife VS Sword is all about the range factor.
    No, it's still also about strength, skill and what kind of knive and sword that's used.
    If the guy has a knife, his goal is going to be to get up as close to you as possible without getting slashed or stabbed, because if he gets past your defense (Usually about 1.5-4 feet from your body with a sword) the sword gets very clumsy, whereas a knife is perfect at that distance.
    Depends on what kind of sword that's used and it's harder for the kive-guy to reach the body of the sword-guy without getting killed than it is for the sword-guy to back away from the knive-guy. It's not like the sword-guy is just going to stand in 1 place all the time like an idiot. Battles are alot about "moving around".
    So a guy with a knife is sitting there with no or very weak armor on, waiting for his moment and dodging, while the guy with the sword (if he has any brain cells at all) is going to be in full armor, agressively trying to hit an unarmored opponent. Who's the coward now?
    The sword-guy is going to have full armour if he has "any brain cells at all"??? Hardly. The sword-guy also have to move around (if he makes sense) and that's easier without heavy armour. Yes, EVEN if he's armed with a sword. No matter what weapon you use... being able to move swiftly is far more important than armour. And as for the "hit" and "dodging" stuff... the sword-guy wouldn't have a hard time to hit the knive-guy at all... if he don't use a useless sword and if the way he fights makes sense...
    As for guns, they are only dishonourable if you use them against an opponent who has a less than comparable weapon, and they also have their weaknesses, namely, Ammo Limitations. Also, a thrown knife can kill as efficiently as a gun. Knife is the best melee weapon, sword is the coolest, and honor is all about only fighting people who stand a reasonable chance of fighting back.
    A knive can't reach as far as a gun, it can't be trown as fast as a bullet from a gun and with a knive everything depends on your skill at trowing the knive... and the kind of knive you are using. I would really not say that knive is the best melee weapon since there's alot of other melee weapons that are much more deadly in a 1 VS 1 battle.

Thor's Hammer all the way! \o_
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

The finest of all katanas, the Masamune.