Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would Your Ultimate Weapon Be?

That's a great of an "STUPID" warrior who lets his openant come that close "before" he drws his sword. If a warrior knows how to use his brain he will draw his sword BEFORE he gets close enough to his enemy to start the battle
    Of course , I wasn't implying all people who wield broadswords are stupid ... I just think the weightof an average broadsword is a disadvantage when you're dealing with an opponent who can deliver a strike like chain lightning.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

This whole debate over what type of weapon is best makes me want to smash my head into a wall. All weapons have advantages and disadvantages. It only comes down to personal preference. I've done training with a fairly wide variety of weapons to know that in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, ANY weapon is deadly. Even a spork.

Actually, I think I might be changing my choice to spork....

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Actually, I think I might be changing my choice to spork....
    Wtf?

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman222
    Wtf?
    Sporkinjo.

The weapon works like a knife, sai and a 3 pronged spear (Trident-like) at the same time. They can be dual wielded and thrown. Sometimes they provide for games during the in between times of battle. The game composes of looking at the back of your spork and seeing who has the highest number.

But honestly now, don't tell me that you haven't engaged in many a spork-fight during those tremulous days of your youth!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

or playing 'flick little stuff by bending it back a ways'

infact, that same ability of teh spork adds to its arsenal-- lightweight projectiles.

Damn... I forgot the mightiest weapon in all history. How could I have BEEN SO BLIND!!! THE SPORK OF DOOM COMES FROM THE SKY TO SLAY US ALL WITH ITS INFINITE POWER! RUN LEST YE INCUR ITS ENDLESS WRATH! AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!
    YOU SPOONY BARD!!!!

I katana. With a dark blade and some simbols on the hilt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Itsunari 2000
    Of course , I wasn't implying all people who wield broadswords are stupid ... I just think the weightof an average broadsword is a disadvantage when you're dealing with an opponent who can deliver a strike like chain lightning.
    But that's not completely correct. The hevier and stronger blade of the broadsword makes its blows harder to block with a thin katana blade. And the weight of a broadsword is still not too heavy to deliver fast blows. Not as fast as with a katana... since it takes a small amount of more time to recover from a blow from a broadsword. But the blows themselves can be just as quick as from a katana if you know your stuff and if you are not using a broadsword in Clouds Butterfly Sword-size. in your example the broadsword-guy was slow and stupid while the katana-guy was both phsycicaly and mentaly strong and with alot training. Let's imagine that they are EQUAL instead!

But the blows themselves can be just as quick as from a katana if you know your stuff and if you are not using a broadsword in Clouds Butterfly Sword-size.
    If you're He-Man or somethin. You still have to wield a weapon that takes two hands. Which implies that it's heavy (or the dude or dudette would have two). So it makes it slower than a katana. Katanas use two hands too but it's based on the fighting styles to deliver good blows.

But like I said it's all skill and luck.
    Mr. Katana guy could slip on a rock then Shazam in the face you know. lol
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tama2
    If you're He-Man or somethin. You still have to wield a weapon that takes two hands. Which implies that it's heavy (or the dude or dudette would have two). So it makes it slower than a katana. Katanas use two hands too but it's based on the fighting styles to deliver good blows.

But like I said it's all skill and luck.
    Mr. Katana guy could slip on a rock then Shazam in the face you know. lol
    Ever heard of a 1-handed broadsword? they exist you know... and still... a 2-handed can be just as quick as a 1-handed + it's taller. Some of the broadswords that are made today are way too heavy but a good-quality broadsword whenever it's 1-handed or 2-handed or even 1&½-handed they are too heavy to deliver fast and deadly blows. And since a katana would have a hard time taking the blows from a good broadsword it would make up for the slower recovering with the broadsword.

Skill, luck, knowledge about your battlefield, strenght, agility and weapon. THAT'S all.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

mine would Be a Gunblade but the blade is really heavy and slightly larger than normal it will have abilities of Strength +60% magic +30% Spirit +20% Vitality +30% Quadruple overdrive and swift attack which is two atatcks per turn

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Who needs weapons when you`ve got your own fists?
    Thats me in the blue sporting the Edward Scissorhands haircut

Thanx for the cool Siggie Starry Relm.
    :evilking: :evilking:

check the signature... and wtf do u know about honor? u say all that crap now, but in a real "me-or-him", u'd just hav th time to change ur mind b4 th bullet pierced ur skull between th eyes

it'd hav to be some kickass gun, really well crafted, with beatiful engravings, and ivory handles and crap like that... it would be impossible to use in real life, but there's no ultima weapon in real life either, so...

What is Your Ideal Anime Weapon?
    Hosted by theOtaku.com: Anime. Done right.

"Life is like a belch: sometimes it gets stuck, and it hurts." - me

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redxiii
    Who needs weapons when you`ve got your own fists?
    Yeah, it'd be cool if this world were still that simple. But when was the last time you took on a guy with an Uzi using just your bare hands? (Well, I would if I had to, but I mean if you have a choice in the matter.)

Besides, weren't we originally talking about what our weapon would be, not what weapon is best of all?
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaLimit
    Besides, weren't we originally talking about what our weapon would be, not what weapon is best of all?
    Yes, but some people seem to enjoy the weapon VS weapon disscusion much more.
    And it's still pretty much just a disscusion about what really is the ultimate weapon (or maybe just the "stronger" weapon but whatever) since the ultimate/stronger weapon means the weapon with the most advantage. That's why we discuss all this.