Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth the purchase?

Default Is it worth the purchase?

The title sounds stupid, but hear me out.

I've played, and re-played, this sensational game. Though, I sold my Playstation 1, along with all my games, and a year later, got a Playstation 2, with FFX.

Now I'm wondering, I've seen it all, done it all, and don't know if I should do it all again. Don't get me wrong, it is definitly one of the best, if not THE best game ever made in video gaming history.

I downloaded some FFVII midi's for a site I created, and as soon as I heard the boss-battle song it occured to me to try and find it and buy it immediatly.

That was 3 weeks ago, and my searching has been to no avail. Even the top Australian game purchaing websites don't have it any more, nor is it possible to back order.

So, I was wondering if it's still worth the hunting, especially after playing FFVIII, FFIX and FFX all the way through, respectively.

If your answer is yes, then please see to it that your memory serves me well in finding a site to buy, and import the game, to Australia.

If you're going to help me, I say this;
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Yours,
    Peek
    This is my story.

Yes, ff7 has an extremely LONG lifespan I bought it in 97 and I still play it! Its always fun to pick it up and do it again that bit better and the bits you missed.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Yes! And try ebay? Most probably ship worldwide (unless Australia has PAL or different region?)

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not too hard to find.

I got it off amazon six months ago with about five minutes of looking. Not sure how that correlates to your being in Australia, but you could look at the place that sells it through amazon and see if they ship there outside of that.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Peek I feel your pain. It took me a over two years to secure a copy of FFVII and then it was by luck. The local DVD store(also sold some games but not many) had a copy of FFVII hidden behind alot of other junk in the back of their unpopular eisle... I got lucky and saw a game I thought my bro would like for christmas and started flipping through the other discs and spotted it in the very back.

However I didn't do much internet searching.. internet is cool and all but I don't trust buying over it.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

I bought my copy in 2002, and I still ain't beaten it. But I ain't given up, either.

it's totally worth the buy, even if it's just to someday claim "I have all the final fantasies" and make everyone else go "oooooooh", including ur grandkids, to whom u bought the recent final fantasy XXIX for virtuarealstation3 (or something)
    and if I may... I suggest u get ur fatass off ur chair (or slimass, but fatass has such a stronger impact), and walk around downtown, trying to find a specialized videogame store, not a big known one, but th little ones located in alleys, owned by some indeed fat everything-that's-cult addict (u know, like that guy from comic store, in the simpsons)... u might be surprised...

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I bought it in 1998.

Umm, yeah, it's not hard to find. I see it at the store even, for like $10.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Tobias
    it's totally worth the buy, even if it's just to someday claim "I have all the final fantasies" and make everyone else go "oooooooh", including ur grandkids, to whom u bought the recent final fantasy XXIX for virtuarealstation3 (or something)
    and if I may... I suggest u get ur fatass off ur chair (or slimass, but fatass has such a stronger impact), and walk around downtown, trying to find a specialized videogame store, not a big known one, but th little ones located in alleys, owned by some indeed fat everything-that's-cult addict (u know, like that guy from comic store, in the simpsons)... u might be surprised...
    If you bothered to read the first post clearly, you'd see that I've already looked at every game store I know, and I don't know many internet stores, just that my cousin always buys PS2 games off www.gamesmarket.com.au , but they don't have FFVII.

Plus, I'm far too busy in the real world to be going too far out of my way to find a games store, so internet buying is the best option for me.

Going for a surf
    baba
    This is my story.

Quote Originally Posted by Peek
    If you bothered to read the first post clearly, you'd see that I've already looked at every game store I know
    yes, I bothered to read the first post, and I even bothered to read every post (I do that so I don't say some stupid crap somebody already has said), and I meant a store u DON'T know, just explore... but if u're so busy, never mind...

What is Your Ideal Anime Weapon?
    Hosted by theOtaku.com: Anime. Done right.

"Life is like a belch: sometimes it gets stuck, and it hurts." - me

Don't know how useful this is, but i had a quick look at the australian ebay site, and this is one of quite a few auctions involving FFVII

Good luck in acquiring your masterpiece - and yes, 'tis most definitely worth it
    [center] I Painted My Own Mona Lisa
    She's Fixed Everything
    Now I'm Spoilt Beyond My Wildest Dreams
    [center]

Peek: Have you looked at KMart? or Electronic Boutic? about three months ago (I think) I saw FFVII at EB! Maybe you should ask EB they would know best.

The game is definately worth it, unfortunately, I don't know where you can get it, mabye best buy? I don't actually own a copy myself, but I borrowed a copy from "Chaos knight".

there is no Final Fantasy game that is not worth the pruchase...buy it!

The Wal-Mart that I go to carries it along with Tactics as well. So if you have one near you they may also carry it.