Thread: F.A. Cup Fourth Round draw.

Default F.A. Cup Fourth Round draw.

Here's the fixtures. There's some nice ties in here to look forward too. Which one do you think will be the best?

Derby v Watford or Fulham (It's got upset written all over it if Fulham progreess)

Man Utd or Exeter v Middlesbrough (Tough game for Utd assuming they can beat Exeter at the 2nd attempt)

Cardiff or Blackburn v Colchester (Well um...not the most exciting prospect in the draw. I expect Blackburn will go to the 5th round.)

Chelsea v Birmingham (There will be two Chelsea rejects looking to cause an upset at the Bridge methinks.)

West Ham v Sheff Utd (I expect this will be a really good game. Lots of attcking flair in both teams.)

Oldham v Bolton (Can Oldham make it 2 out of 2 in Premier League scalps? I think Bolton will have too much for them.)

Arsenal v Wolverhampton (8-0 to Arsenal. Glenn Hoddles Wolves have got no chance.)

Everton v Sunderland (Similar in the way they play but Everton's home form has been to good for there to be an upset.)

Nottm Forest v Peterborough (Possibly the least exciting tie of the round. Both strugglers in respective divisions.)

Brentford v Hartlepool or Boston (C'mon the Bees!!!!! Brentford are my London team!!!)

Reading or Swansea v Leicester or Blackpool (Ummm, i'd expect Reading to progress on recent form.)

Burnley or Liverpool v Bournemouth (If my boys can get past Burnley then this will be a massive tie for Bournemouth.)

Southampton v Portsmouth (The juiciest tie of the round. Lots of history ancient and present, this is the game to watch, but if you live in Southampton like me, stay off the streets....SERIOUSLY!!!)

West Brom v Tottenham (Bryan Robson couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag let alone in to the last 16.)

Newcastle v Coventry (Hopefully Coventry will win this because I hate Greame Souness with a passion.)

Charlton v Yeovil (Umm. Potential banana skin but Charlton should prevail.)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sark
    Derby v Watford or Fulham (It's got upset written all over it if Fulham progreess)
    Probably the toughest of the lot, but I'd go for Fulham, based on league position alone.

Man Utd or Exeter v Middlesbrough (Tough game for Utd assuming they can beat Exeter at the 2nd attempt)
    I highly doubt that Exeter can escape United's wrath second time round, but the fourth round game itself should be a great match. A full strength Middlesbrough should just edge this one, but if they lose a key player I see the Red Devils going through.

Cardiff or Blackburn v Colchester (Well um...not the most exciting prospect in the draw. I expect Blackburn will go to the 5th round.)
    Cardiff. Blackburn are terrible this season, and Cardiff have a decent record in the F.A. Cup. I've never liked them, but I respect them enough to see them progressing.

Chelsea v Birmingham (There will be two Chelsea rejects looking to cause an upset at the Bridge methinks.)
    Birmingham's defence most likely can't cope with Chelsea at the moment, and who knows how the London side will alter their squad over the transfer window. An upset would be heavenly, but it probably won't happen.

West Ham v Sheff Utd (I expect this will be a really good game. Lots of attcking flair in both teams.)
    I might well be gonig to this match, so I hope you're right. It's a poor substitute for the game at Highbury, but these two teams should make for an interesting clash. Can't stand Neil Warnock, so I hope the Hammers win, but United's Cup record is fantastic, and West Ham have had trouble scoring regularly this season. I'd go for United.

Oldham v Bolton (Can Oldham make it 2 out of 2 in Premier League scalps? I think Bolton will have too much for them.)
    I agree with you. Bolton are a far better side than Man. City, and their impressive teamwork should prove more effective at overpowering Oldham than one or two star players. Team spirit is normally the driving force of the underdog, but in this case Bolton are just as strong as Oldham.

Arsenal v Wolverhampton (8-0 to Arsenal. Glenn Hoddles Wolves have got no chance.)
    Eight might be a bit flattering, but against a former Spurs player and manager? Anything less than four would be unacceptable.

Everton v Sunderland (Similar in the way they play but Everton's home form has been to good for there to be an upset.)
    Again you've got it spot on. Everton are too strong for Sunderland, F.A. Cup or no F.A. Cup. I can't see the underdogs pulling through here.

Nottm Forest v Peterborough (Possibly the least exciting tie of the round. Both strugglers in respective divisions.)
    Indeed. This doesn't really deserve much analysis, so I'll go for Forest based upon their division alone.

Brentford v Hartlepool or Boston (C'mon the Bees!!!!! Brentford are my London team!!!)
    I'll take Hartlepool, just for the sake of choosing. Also, Brentford were pretty poor when I saw them, whereas the other two might be hiding some decent football behind their lower-league facade.

Reading or Swansea v Leicester or Blackpool (Ummm, i'd expect Reading to progress on recent form.)
    That seems the most likely outcome. No arguments on this one.

Burnley or Liverpool v Bournemouth (If my boys can get past Burnley then this will be a massive tie for Bournemouth.)
    It should also be a massive win for Liverpool. Neither Burnley or Bournemouth should pose any threat to you.

Southampton v Portsmouth (The juiciest tie of the round. Lots of history ancient and present, this is the game to watch, but if you live in Southampton like me, stay off the streets....SERIOUSLY!!!)
    Good luck, my friend. This should be a fantastic match, not just for the local element, but the recent managerial switches at both clubs. Portsmouth will almost certainly win, but derbies, let alone F.A. Cup derbies, are always unpredicatble affairs.

West Brom v Tottenham (Bryan Robson couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag let alone in to the last 16.)
    It pains me to say it, but Spurs are awesome right now. They'll win this by four or five goals.

Newcastle v Coventry (Hopefully Coventry will win this because I hate Greame Souness with a passion.)
    It seems wishful thinking, but Coventry were apparently pretty decent in their last game. Newcastle aren't exactly reliable at the moment, so this could pose an upset if Coventry get a bit of luck.

Charlton v Yeovil (Umm. Potential banana skin but Charlton should prevail.)
    Charlton have the potential to be either terrible or brilliant, and Yeovil are well known for causing cup upsets. Of all the games in the round, this one seems the most likely to cause a shock, in my opinion. That said, you're quite right in saying that Charlton should, and probably will win.

A rather uninteresting draw, all be told, but it should make for some great later rounds, and there'll surely be one upset among those. I look forward to a great weekend of football when the fourth round arrives.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Angry The Red Devils Kids dont know a football from a golf ball

the only reason that exeter drew is because fergie made a BIG mistake playing kids in the cup

My predictions for who will make it into the last 16

Derby - Improving recently, and should they beat Watford, a good game is in store against Fulham.

Manchester United - I'm sorry, but I really can't see Fergie making the same mistake again, and I think they'll just edge out Middlesborough at Old Trafford.

Blackburn - They should beat Cardiff at home, and Colchester houldn't be much of a challenge.

Chelsea - Do I really need to give an explaniation?!?

Sheffield United - In my opinion, the tie of the 4th round, but West Ham are too inconsistant at the moment, and Sheffield have a great record in the FA Cup in recent years.

Bolton - Far too strong for the League 1 strugglers.

Arsenal - Yet again, do I need an explaination.

Everton - They may be starting to slip in the Premiership, but Everton will have enough to pull through.

Nottingham Forrest - Couldn't care less to be honest, but with the home draw, Forrest should beat Peterborough.

Hartlepool - If they can survive a tough away visit against Boston, they'll beat Brentford who have been dire this season.

Reading - Will be too much against Swansea and Leicester.

Liverpool - However much I'd like to see Burnley or Bournemouth upset the Reds, it's just not going to happen.

Southampton - I hope they progress, becasue I hate Portsmouth with a passion. Close derby match, but I'v got a feeling the Saints are starting to improve.

Tottenham - 2 or 3 months ago I wold have said this was the closeset tie of the round, but Spurs have been the in-form side of late. I hope they win too, being a United supporter, and my hatred of Arsenal, I like to see Spurs do well.

Coventry - There's got to be one upset in the round, and don't ask me why, I've just got a feeling it'll be this one.

Charlton - As much as I'd like to see the lowest ranked side in the 4th round (that is presuming Swansea, Boston and Exeter all lose in the replays) Charlton have been playing well recently.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Teams that I think will progress:

Fulham
    Manchester United
    Blackburn
    Chelsea
    Sheffield United
    Bolton Wanderers
    Arsenal
    Everton
    Nottingham Forest
    Brentford
    Leicester City
    Burnley
    Southampton
    Tottenham
    Newcastle
    Charlton

Can see a Man Utd v Arsenal final with the latter probably edging it. Might even be extra time and penalties.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

I went to that game!

there was a picture here