Thread: An advantage

Default An advantage

I've always taken notice to whenever I NM hunt and a JP player is there.Before the monster even spawns on my screen the JP players has it provoked and thats by the time I see it.So I was thinking that the JP players have a 1 to 2 second advantage over the rest of the world when it comes to this game do you guys think this is true.Our ls was tlaking about it the other day.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Old argument. I think the JPs have a latency advantage due to nearness to the servers. I haven't heard one compelling argument to the contrary.

They at the most have a few miliseconds of advantage, usually the different video cards and speed of your computer makes things happen differently or your ISP. If you compared two screens like one guy did with diff vid cards, one spawns earlier because a better card = less lag time.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

naw I'll just stick witht he latency thing lol they are way closer to the servers.and SE doesn't even have server bases in NA,or EU..

Actually thats what most people did and blame it on latency causing many racial slurs and lots of fights between NA and JP especially against NMs and HNMs. In the end all that was left was people whining that they cant get it. If you cant get it too bad, try again...just alot of people whine and for unjustified reason blame latency and are very racist against the JP because of this. BS to me.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I live in Australia, so that means I'm closer to the servers than anyone in the US. I see NM's pop earlier than most people (my advantage over Spook). So it does have to do with latency, and probably a rare case on the persons computer hardware.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    Actually thats what most people did and blame it on latency causing many racial slurs and lots of fights between NA and JP especially against NMs and HNMs. In the end all that was left was people whining that they cant get it. If you cant get it too bad, try again...just alot of people whine and for unjustified reason blame latency and are very racist against the JP because of this. BS to me.
    lol samething happened on pandemonium but JP players actually started to do NM hunts when they see NA players just fo rhte pure reason to piss them off.th eJP players see htem well before NA players do and well a lot of JP players on pandemonium take teh NM just to piss everyone off.HEck this one JP player just takes and it says now what you umb americans.lol one player said "I'm biritsh you stupid JP player."Yeah that JP player got humiliated and his pride was jsut stunned right then and there.

Tell me how do you know they are trying to piss you off and they are not NA themselves(by NA i mean NA and EU)? You really dont know if they did see it faster than you or anything, arent you just creating more hate in the issue? Even if they saw it first, what are you gonna do about it? Plus wouldnt it be STUPID of them NOT to take it if they see it first(IF)? If they saw it, of course they are going to take it, you think they are going to stand there and let others claim it?

Not to say there arent racist japanese people out there, but that really doesnt give a right to do back the same. From what i see, its kinda childish you even did that/feel that way. Stop the hate, not fuel it. Esepcially on a game. If you get it good for you, if you dont, o well, just get it next time, you eventually will. Theres no need to whine and/or discrimminate back even if the person did it.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3