Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Night Rituals

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    I recall a topic along these lines a while ago, but couldn't find, so I'll pose it again:

What do you do to get ready for bed and to wind down at night? Do you have any nightly routine, or do you just do whatever feels most natural at the time? Do you think your routine works, and perhaps should other who have trouble falling asleep try it?

I generally do a series of exercises, crunches, pushups, situps, and streching followed by a shower. Next, I'll turn on the TV for a little while to catch the news and then Sportscenter. Then, time permitting, I'll pop on here for a little while before going off to my room to listen to music and sleep.

Granted, this routine will change quite a bit very soon as school will cause me to turn in earlier.

How about all of you?

Take care all.
    I hope that i don't cause any offence here but are you a compulsive obbsessive??

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok, I just lay in bed trying to get myself comfortable. Once I'm comfortable, I try to not have anything keep me awake. If it's too noisy, I'll have to lower to volume on my computer's speakers. If I can't sleep, I'll try my best to sleep. Heh.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I turn my music on, brush my teeth and wash my face and pluck my eyebrows (if it's needed, usually just once a week), turn my music off, and hop into bed and lay there for a while and then I fall asleep. Sometimes I get a phone call around 10 or 11 so I talk for about an hour and then I go to sleep.
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

"I hope that i don't cause any offence here but are you a compulsive obbsessive??"

Nay, good sir. I, like many, just have various nighty routines that can sometimes give me peace of mind or make me fall asleep easier.

Take care all.

if i cant sleep i can read in bed until i get tired.

Quote Originally Posted by 612904398619
    if i cant sleep i can read in bed until i get tired.
    Theres that or tv...(i just finished the davinci code btw) but i usually read get tired, brush my teeth then i start reading again....seriously theres something about pissing and brushing your teeth that gets your energy up before bed and after waking up!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

First of all I brush my teeth and perhaps floss.
    Then I apply some cleansing gel to my face and relieve myself. When I'm done with that I wash the gel away with water and apply a moisturising gel (with regular intervals I exfoliate and apply a clay face mask).
    After I've done that I make my way up to my bedroom and do some Hatha Yoga for about half an hour to really stretch out and get thoroughly relaxed and calm.
    Then I slide into bed and read a little something before I actually go to sleep.

Sometimes I also masturbate furiously or have sex; depending on whether or not I happen to have company.

All of this is of course due to changes but this is what I usually do these days.