Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFx-2 rushed?

Ultimately Ultimate!!!!!! Ultimate99997's Avatar

Grin FFx-2 rushed?

Does anyone agree that ffx-2 was just too rushed in comparison to ffx.
    I mean, like, although x-2 was great, the FMV's were in short supply and the storyline just wasn't in depth enough!

Does anyone think it deserves the title 'final fantasy'?

I just (2 hours ago) completed the game for the 1st time. Although i thought it was good and gave me some relief form A Level revision I feel a bit cheated with the ending.....mabey i've just been spoiled by 6-10....i spose it is a totally different game but....hmmmmmm...its left me feeling a bit.....*sigh* the final battles wern't exactly challenging either. I think it fufilled its purpose but it could have been better

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate99997
    Does anyone think it deserves the title 'final fantasy'?
    Square-Enix does, and they own the trademark.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I was disapointed (very) the game started well (although it could`ve just been the sweet graphics) anyways x-2 WAS rushed the story just didn`t have that ceartin something that x did
    Thats me in the blue sporting the Edward Scissorhands haircut

Thanx for the cool Siggie Starry Relm.
    :evilking: :evilking:

yeah, i think it was rushed. i didnt have that "i completed the game" feeling at the end.

i liked it. though ch 4 needs more. in one day i went from the middle of ch 3 to the beginning of ch 5.

If you play the game and see everything that there is to see (which requires a few playthroughs) then the story is just as in-depth as any other Final Fantasy game, it's just light-hearted so it doesn't seem that intense when really it is. And I didn't really mind the lack of FMVs, it seems that ever since FFVII the game makers have been relying far to much on the FMV to push the graphics. Not to mention that the few FMVs in this game are rather long, so that kind of explains the lack thereof.

Ye, x-2 rushed
    Enter The Wired....

...join me into my pilgrimage of destroying yuna....Ahahaha

X-2 was a Square-Enix disaster in all ways possible.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Yeah. Totally rushed. It was a way to make some quick money after the Spirits Within fiasco. That's why they cut short the FMVs too.

yeah. I think there must have been about 5 completed FMVs in the entire game (in comparison to about 20 in ffx).
    I also recall one FMV sequence being almost repeated 3 times
    first there's the FMV you view from the first sphere in the game which depicts the guy who looks like tidus, then this is repeated in 1000 words song but without speech, afterwards it is also shown again 'with' speech after completing the 'Den of Woe'.

What a cheap cop out!!!!
    sig in development

though it is rushed, it's a cool game. funney stuff squeezed in there. :laughing: :bgl: :goofy: :chuckle:

Quote Originally Posted by UKG
    X-2 was a Square-Enix disaster in all ways possible.
    Yep, those 4 million+ copies of the games they sold were disaterous.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

No, I don't think FFX-2 was rushed, and it didn't have low-budget due to FF: TSW. After the huge losses of FF: TSW, Square got their losses sorted out when Sony bought $120,000,000 worth of Square's stocks, and FFX sold millions of units, which certainly made up for the movie's losses.

I think FFX, KH and FFX-2 all rely less on FMVs, but that's because they can use the game engine to show more things than before. With FF7-9, the in-game graphics just weren't enough to show some things, for example accurate facial expressions, but now it's totally possible. However, when there is an FMV, that is very high-quality. Personally, I've yet to see an FMV that is better than the 1000 Words scene, which I consider a masterpiece cinematic, and it's also innovative in a way that practically no game has ever done something like that, although FFVI with the opera scene was quite similar.

While there isn't too much main story, there's loads of character development and sub-stories. If you take your time to explore all the optional quests, the game is extremely emotional and also deep. The style is just different since Square Enix wanted to give the players some freedom with their paths after the linear FFX. Technically the graphics and sounds are very well done, surpassing even those of FFX's, so it isn't rushed that way either.

Some people call the ending rushed. However, I don't think so. The final battle gave some nice tribute to FFX's, and it also did a good job with showing how Yuna has developed during the two games and how she doesn't want to repeat the past mistakes. It was a well done final battle and climax, and the endings after that, although short, were well done and certainly not low on the emotional side.

Now that I played FFX for the second time, many conversations and scenes in FFX just wouldn't make sense if FFX-2 didn't happen, so it's likely that Square was planning a sequel even during the writing of FFX, so FFX-2 wasn't just a sudden decision to get some extra cash. I have a feeling Square had a huge story planned, but they couldn't fit all of it in FFX, so they had to put the rest to FFX-2. This makes sense since (SPOILER)you can't just kill the main character in the middle of the game and have Yuna become the new main character for the rest of the game and then have the main character return, which would be the case if FFX and FFX-2 were just one big game.

Overall, I don't think FFX-2 is rushed at all. I even think it's better than the first part. I didn't like FFX during my first game, but I liked FFX-2 a lot, and then playing FFX for the second time after playing FFX-2 also made FFX make more sense and feel deeper.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

most of 'sephiroth1999AD's points are very enlightening and well thought view, I do suppose that the graphics and audio are up to the standard of 10, however I think that the sudden introduction of Mission based gameplay was a shock to my love of linear and well developed storylines which flow seamlessly to end with (usually) an almighty struggle to save the world/universe.
    I also disliked the fact that whilst playing through the ffx-2 storyline - upon defeating certain bosses, I would be faced with a chapter completion screen which simply rubbed the fact that I had missed certain important items and enemy encounters (which couldn't be returned to in the same game) in my face.
    The 100% completion ending was also a huge dissapointment for doing so much work!
    sig in development