Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: World opinion of Britain

Default World opinion of Britain

I'm British (English to be precise) and I was wondering what the rest of the world thinks of Britian. Do you view us in a bad light? Do you think the Royal Family are worthless? etc...

the future of the royal family
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Well, their reputation certainly isn't in a good way right now. I trust Charles and company will be able to beat some sense of history into Harry, though.

EDIT: No, really, I do hope he gets a literal beating for this.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Britain. I have no problem with it, except that for some reason, a very few British people (not even just British people, but other countries in general) think EVERYONE in America is obese and mentally incapacitated.

But besides that, I like Britain. Some of my favourite actors and actresses are British and a lot of my friends from EoFF are British. I love the accents.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm british but I don't think the many wars we have haplessly joined have help our reputation very much, but many old world countries probably still consider us in high regard, even if we don't deserve it
    FOA

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Britian is okay...I guess. The royal family doesn't do anything as far as I am concerned. To my knowledge everything is about the parlament. I say get rid of the royal family because they are freeloading off your $$$

I dont like Britian because they followed the US into Iraq, but i do like Britain because they put pressure on Israel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

the Monarchy charges 1 pound a year, thats not exorting really, and it stops Tony Blair from being a president and having total power so its a bargin, besides just because you dont see it doesnt mean its not there, the monarchy is very busy unlike the government they just dont declare everything they do.
    But I wish the Queen would stop Tony from his love affair with bush and his wars, As for the Nazi thing, I dont really care, some people have to much time on there hands for things to scream about every person does.
    They need a hobby per say...

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

I think people in the US tend to like Britain. Maybe not the more ignorant Americans, since you're foreigners and therefore most likely terr'rists.

Personally, I still think that the Monarchy is a good thing, we pay very little towards it, and the amount of money we get from the tourism because of the royal family is immense (if you ever go to Central London, around St James Park you'll know what I mean).

The reason I made this thread is all about Prince Harry. I can't believe he would wear a Swastika, even though he may end up being King one day.

i'm british and i don't really like it! i don't like the british arrogence. its so annoying! like saying "we won the war" what!! no YOU didn't. the poor sods that died did...grrrr *sits down for a while*
    sorry
    i think that the british steryotype is funny!!! do many people see us as bridgett jones people???they all had such silly accents!! i don't know ANYONE that talk like that1!! but i suppose i live in farmer land...they all say "ohhhhhhhh aaaaaarrrrr!! the mooouuuurrr!"
    *sigh*
    anyway!! if i wasn't british i'd see the country as arogant and big headed! but i know that they're not all like that!! it's just the current government!! *kicks tony blair in the bum and rule supreme!!* heehee

Trust No one

I kind of agree, really. I get annoyed occasionally when I watch American TV programs, and the Brits have really posh accents...and bad teeth. I'll have you know my teeth are as good as anyone's and I couldn't talk posh if I tried.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Apparently a lot of people here aren't even aware of the matter of Harry's incredible historical ignorance.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Wuggly Blight
    the Monarchy charges 1 pound a year, thats not exorting really
    Try 2 million, and that is just for the Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by boris no no
    i'm british and i don't really like it! i don't like the british arrogence. its so annoying! like saying "we won the war" what!! no YOU didn't. the poor sods that died did...grrrr *sits down for a while*
    People who say that are taking pride in the achievements of their ancestors. Do you otherwise think we should forget the sacrifices they made? Saying "We" instead of "They" makes it seem more relevant, and also helps to build pride in Britain.

It's a good job that Harry isn't heir to the throne - his brother is.

Britain is a fallen star, if you ask me. We were once the most powerful nation on the Earth, but upon the start of the 20th Century, Britain began to decline. After holding back Germany from advancing west in both World Wars (Which was part of the war being won - without Britain's resistance Germany would have taken the whole of Europe, meaning that the Allies could not have launched an assault and liberated it) and taking part in the liberation of the US, Britain pretty much fell into decline even further, and has become a puppet of the US.

And now we have that moron Blair in power, whose sycophantic government and faceless civil servants seem keen to destroy all British heritage and declaring it racist. It is the final nail in the coffin of a once proud nation.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wuggly Blight
    the Monarchy charges 1 pound a year, thats not exorting really, and it stops Tony Blair from being a president and having total power so its a bargin, besides just because you dont see it doesnt mean its not there, the monarchy is very busy unlike the government they just dont declare everything they do.
    Yeah. I figured but like I said, to my knowledge everything was the parlament. Good to hear that they do a lot of stuff but I don't really hear about it as I live in America and the news doesn't report on things outside the boarder unless it directly effects us.