Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leveling up pre-Floating Contintent

Default Leveling up pre-Floating Contintent

I'm playing through FFVI for my third time now and am curious: what do you find to be the best place to level up before going to the floating continent? I recall the first time I played through the game I was unable to beat Phunbaba with Sabin and Celes because I never used either of them very much. The second time through I leveled everyone heavily in some deser where you fight the dragons that look like piles of bones.

What's the best place to level in the World of Balance?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It might be best to just make laps around the floating continent. I can't really think of any really GOOD exp places in the WoB.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

I leveled up in that cave near Thamasa you go to with Strago (forgot the name) until my characters were around level 30, and then I went to the Floating Continent to level up a little more.

Articles

If you're feeling adventurous, you could always tackle Intangirs on Triangle Island. They're worth 10 Magic Points, but they're kinda tough to kill. Triangle Island, for the record, is the little island in the upper right-hand corner of the world map.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I sometimes fight until everyone has all magic up to that point learned around Thamasa. I always do until at least Celes does.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I always fight on the Floating Continent to level up. All battles give 3-5 MP per battle which is really good for that part of the game.
    Figaro Castle

Yeah, just bring a lot of phoenix downs to the floating continent and you'll be fine. Money's a lot less important after the floating continent anyway, since after your initial purchaes you'll be equipping yourself out of dungeons, not shops.

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I also like to level up on the floating continent. Kind of a last hurrah before the world gets destroyed.

Personally I don't think leveling up is necessary at all. I would however, recommend fighting the intangers on triangle island. They are already vanished, so just cast doom on them. They will probably kill one character with thier counter attack, but you get ten magic points. Totally worth it.

There are actually two places where you can level-up pretty good. Three even. What already was said about Thamasa and the Floating Continent. Especially the Floating Continent is good. Just watch out for Ninja's. They are bad-asses which can wipe you away if you aren't full of HP, plus you cannot run from those battles. Another good place where I leveled up can be near Doma Castle. There are enemy's that give you around 2 or 5 Magic Points. It will help you enormously.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Blog Entries

On the floating continent, I pretty much got everybody their mad magics up. When I was finished, everybody knew almost every spell that could at that point be known.

Default Edgar

I get edgar to a high level by himself in the forest north of vector, then with drill and autocrossbow the floating continent is a piece of pie.

Not sure how new this thread is, but if you want to beat Intangir without having it counter with Meteor, use Gau's Rhodox Rage.

Vector
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Default Cave to sealed gate.

In all honesty before I go back to Vector I like leveling in the cave to the sealed gate. It gives good xp 555-700. Good for the time you do it and you can prepare locke and terra for the battles awaiting them while they are alone in thamasa. Once Kefka and Gestahl go after the statues I like to just head straight for the floating continent where I do the rest of my leveling (If I feel any is necessary).