Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill

Default Resident Evil vs Silent Hill

I just want to know what people think is better. The Resi games or the Silent Hill games. The first 2 Resi games werent that scary ( exept for the bit in 2 were the crows come suddenly through the window!!!! )
    Resi 3 was good i guess and CV was quite good. I aint played the others as they werent meant to be good. I really like Silent Hill 1+2 but 3 was a bit weird ans The Room was a bit stupid. Im stuck between these to.

When it comes down to it i guess im more of a Resi guy

What tou lot think

When it was all new and shiney, it was scary for its time, but Silent hill has a better atmosphere will resident evil is more upfront scary.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

well i love them both. Resident evil is not scary at all, but i love the upfront action and complicated umbrella politics plot...just check out CV and Weskers report(and i swear if Resident Evil 4 ruins the genius story line i will screw ...it had better make sense...i,e (SPOILER)Umbrella is destroyed by the rival corporation that wesker works for and starts fusing the Progenator, T, G, T Veronica and Nemesis Virus together, hence, the different monsters in this new game ).

Silent Hill though is the scariest seris ever, hell, its the scariest anything ever. I,m currently replaying Silent Hill 1 to make sense of the storyline. Silent Hill 2 is a masterpiece. still have not done 3 or 4...but i,m getting there.

So i would put Resident evil first...but still both platinum star seris...
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Silent Hill.

Resident Evil has never appealed to me. I'll watch my brothers play it, but I'll never touch it. I don't find it frightening or anything, I just don't find it fun. :/

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Resident Evil. I like the game play better. I could care less how scary the game is. If the game play sucks then it doesn't matter and I think Silent Hill has wore itself way too thin. Resident Evil may have ports left and right and remakes but I believe there are only 6 games you can really call resident evil. 0,1,2,3, Code Veronica and 4. 6 games in 9 years is not super over kill. Silent hill has had only 4 but the last 3 came out 1 year after one another with no real gameplay improvements from title to title.

Resident Evil 4 kicks all sorts of ass. The game is completely new and takes care of all the problems people complained about. The same controls are there but the new camera makes it just feel different and right. You now have inventory space instead of slots. Sephex even shot the lock off of a door and kicked it in. It is also more action packed with 'Zombies' that think. It is the game that reinvented the series.

Story so far is compeletly unrelated so far but it should eventually tie in somehow. Here is hoping for a wesker comeback(I always liked the RE story line alot...except 0...that one just made no sense).

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I couldn't make a really fair judgment, as I have yet to play Resident Evil. I've just bought the first one yesterday,and haven't started it. But I will say that I love the Silent Hill games; they're very unsettling, have good plots...I like `em.

--Box Box Box Box

i live in the uk and everyone on these forums say they got Resi 4 has it come out in the uk already if not then when cause im dying to get it

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I prefer the Resident Evil series, and my favourite would be the first game on the PSOne. I'm not quite sure why. I suppose it's nostalgia more than anything else.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

I thought the resident evil series provided a better gaming experience in itself, but silent hill was definitely more freaky...in most parts (the first time i encountered those hench green things in RE1...good heavens)
    [center] I Painted My Own Mona Lisa
    She's Fixed Everything
    Now I'm Spoilt Beyond My Wildest Dreams
    [center]

I don't play these games, cause I don't like PLAYING them. However, watching them is something I enjoy. In my opinion: Silent Hill is damm scary, especially with the Radio and the freaky places. however, Resident Evil on Gamecube was pretty scary. The other Resi's arn't scary, but are less boring to watch. Silent Hill 3 isn't that scary cause I kinda excepted stuff. It was creepy, and distinctly odd.
    I think they need to remember that in some circles, odd isn't scary anymore. Resident Evil 4 trailers are scary, so I look forward to watching it when it comes out over here in the UK.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Silent Hill is strongest in story and horror. Resident Evil is strongest in gameplay. I really liked the RE story up until Code Veronica X, meaning that I didn't really like Wesker's comeback, since I don't like it when people milk the cow so much that they revive a dead character. RE 1, 2 and 3 was great though.

It's hard to choose really, if you asked me my favorite game overall, I'd have to say Silent Hill, but if you asked me what game I'd rather replay, I'd have to say Resident Evil. Gameplay > Story, when it comes to replaying.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I've never gotten into RE, and SH made me afraid of the dark again....'nuff said.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

SH specializes in long-lasting psychological fear, whereas RE provides the in-game fear and the dread feeling that you're always being followed and watched, so I'd say that they're both equal in the scariness area. Gameplay-wise, after playing RE4, I'm definitely giving it to RE. SH gameplay never changed, whereas Capcom changed RE in such a way that they made it a perfect game. My vote goes to RE.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

When i first got the new version of Re1 for gcn, it scared the living hell out of me. Mostly because of the beautiful graphic textures and sound. the ones for the ps1 didnt scare me cuz the graphics sucked. ive played re4, and it scares me because they bastards are smarter now. ive heard SH is a pretty scary game, but ive never actually sitted down and played it, but it looked cool.

btw, anyone know why the spanish folk it re4 are calling me ****er? I swear they are calling me that, cause one of their words they mutter is "caveron"(sp) which literally means "****er" they also mutter "morir escribir" which doesnt make sense to me either. to die to write? whatever. still scaring the living hell outta me!

Personally RE games are getting kind of old 2 me, so Silent Hill would have to get my vote.