Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Sphere grid system. good or bad?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Default the Sphere grid system. good or bad?

well here you can comment on the sphere grid system in FFX, what happened to the lvl up feature?
    i think that it isnt all that good but the ability system was but i think it should of just been abilities and magic though as leveling up was a final fantasy tradition

LET THE HAMMER FALL

then play FFX-2 or XI.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

i liked it but it got a little weird when someone could jump to anothers place on the grid.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

yeah that was a bit weird as it would of been better that some characters could learn certain abilities and magic.
    i prefered the junction system but it took a while to master it

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I don't know why, but I really like the Sphere Grid. Something about all those balls...
    There is no signature here. Move along.

i loved the sphere grid. it thot the ability to go past the hp limit really added more gameplay. plus, it really allowed you to mix and match and "strenghten your weaknesses" so to speak, by choosing which stat u wanted to work on.

but it did get a lil akward that auron could learn magic if he wanted to, etc etc. but my fav leveling up system by far

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really liked it personally, I found it made battles more fun and there was more incentive to random battles because you could gain sphere levels and then get skills and stuff as soon as you wanted to. It was great being able to break HP and Damage limit too. It was different, but fun and one of my favourite systems.
    rawr

I liked it. Very interactive. My favorite level up system.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

i think it should of been a bit different so each character could only learn certain abilities. thats what i hated about it example yuna could lets just give tidus some aeons to go with that geez it was a bit carried away though

LET THE HAMMER FALL

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I liked the Junction system even more, but only because it was significantly more obtuse. Complicated RPGs intruige me. I liked the sphere grid system a lot. If there's one thing Squenix can do well, it's completely throw you for a loop. FFII completely abandoned the concept of levels, and FFVIII made levelling up a counterproductive process. I'm glad that FFX had this strange yet fun twist on the standard formula.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

the junction and sphere grid systems are my favourites but the materia system was good aswell

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I enjoyed it immensely.

I tend to like systems where i can control my stats better than the others. (ie, ffx, ff8, and ff2, and to an extent, ff7)

There's a huge area for potential (what, 850 something spheres?) plenty of area to get all your stats maxed, except for a couple (or just one?)

After having so much fun making kimarhi jump through rikku's grid to get to Yuna's before Yuna ever got to that area, I appreciate the sphere grid even more (although by the time gagazet comes, which gets sooner and sooner, I may start regretting that. At least he'll have good curing abilities with use and curaga and regen. and steal! and maybe even Holy. You never know)

It sorta makes sense, being able to learn other people's abilities. I mean, lulu keeps saying 'you should study your magic more' and when you think about it, if you were traveling with a black mage, wouldn't you be asking them all the time to teach your fire3? I mean, they have to do *Something* when they stop for the night at places-- sharing abilities just makes sense

It's not like they're traveling with a book they're reading through their journey, and only when they get to certain points (levels-_-. THe stupidest way of learning abilities I can think of) they go 'oh! okay!'

Heck, if I had to read a book while walking all over the world while saving it, I'd trip in a well like the astronomer and die.

And then the world would blow up because I wasn't there to save it.

So Sphere grid system== awesome.

but expensiveX.x (stupid clear spheres and lvl4briberyspheres)

I liked it and hated it

liked it because-You can skerw with Kimari
    Hated it beacuse-the lock sheres
    you were killed by: a shoe

YOU:These are my Immortal words "I am Cao Pi"
    A Shoe:WTF!?!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It was fun and innovative. For most of the game the characters had their specialty, but near the end you could beef them all up to super destroyers. Much better than the same thing over and over agian, at least.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    i think it should of just been abilities and magic though as leveling up was a final fantasy tradition
    The Final Fantasy "tradition" is innovation in these areas, they hardly ever recycle a method in which skills and abilities are learned. I loved the Sphere Grid, it was new and worked well.