Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iron Chef

Blog Entries

Default Iron Chef

Trust the Japanese to turn cooking into an epic battle for supremacy. Every week, a challenger, supposedly the best in his/her field, pit themselves against an Iron Chef (top chefs in each of their culinary fields, Japanese, Chinese, French and I believe Italian at some point) A 'battle' takes place, each chef using a key ingredient selected in secret by the overly flamboyant and ecstatic Chairman Kaga to produce a number of dishes to wow the judges. At the end aforementioned judges and Kaga decide who wins the battle.

Result. Best show ever. Agree?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Agree.

I love watching Iron Chef, with the exception of when they cook things that're still alive, like the turtle battle. I couldnt watch that. Oh and I try not to watch it when I have no food in the house, it just makes me sad xD.

My favorite is Iron Chef Japanese Morimoto, and Iron Chef French Sakai. I love them. I think my favorite battle ever was the mushroom battle, because I love mushrooms.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

THEY COOKED LIVE TURTLES?!

*bans Iron Chef*

Signature by rubah. I think.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yeah, it was jacked up. I was watching and Chairman Kaga announced turtles and I was ready to change it then, because I prefer to see meat as nothing but... ya know, not in animal form anymore. And then I see the turtles and they're <i>alive</i>. Ugh. Way worse then cooking the live lobsters.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

I wish I could be as happy and self-assured as the Iron Chef Guy whenever I ate anything.

The dishes itself are what make this show so awesome.

Just caught a glimpse of the copycat Iron Chef America. Not a bad clone. Looks just as entertaining, though I think I'd prefer watching the original a but more.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I dont like Iron Chef America that much, perhaps because of the Bobby Flay incident on normal Iron Chef. He made a complete ass out of himself.

Did he? xD

I'm not surprised. I think Bobby Flay is an arrogant ass, just from what he does and the way he presents himself. At least Tyler Florance (who looks a lot like Flay in my view) carries himself with a level head.

Speaking of which, It'd be awesome if he was featured on an Iron Chef episode (original or America). He has some real talent, though I doubt it'll happen. :/

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

In the first battle, which took place in Kitchen Stadium in Japan, Flay did his usual arrogant crap. At the end of the battle, he jumped up on the counter onto a cutting board. I think Morimoto was his opponent, whoever it was talked about the dishonor he'd commited. Then Flay proceeded to have his ass whooped by the Iron Chef, and when he lost he started complaining, saying that his side was inferior, that he'd burned himself, and basically inferring that the Iron Chef had cheated and they were all biased towards Morimoto.

They had a rematch in America, and Flay won, though I think it was just to shut him up.

I like that show. It's great. Seeing what they do on that show is astounding to me. And even though, in theory, Flay should be my favorite chef merely because of his name, he's not. I never really liked him. I haven't seen Iron Chef America yet, but it looks pretty cool. It's the same idea, so the basis of the cooking is still nice. Regardless of who's doing it.
    --It's me!--

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sounds better than Emiril to me. I've never seen so many people cheer for a weird Italian man who yells "Boom!" when he cooks. Next they'll have those 2 commentary guys.

"And Emiril cracks the egg! HE GETS IT IN THE BOWL! AND NO EXTRA SHELL!"
    *cheer*
    "Right you are, Mike."

Love that show...its awesome. I actually watch it when im eating really and if im not i get hungry watching it...but yeah i didnt know they had a turtle battle...

ps. The host wears some weird outdits i'll tell you that!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Chairman Kaga's outfits are the greatest! I love seeing him in his weird get ups.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Everybody hates Flay. Why the hell the Food Network brought him back but not Wolfgang Puck for the series is beyond me.

And for anyone who's been watching the Iron Chef America series:

What's up with that one judge who is a complete ass? The one that looks like Ray Bradbury.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

I'msorry but does it always have to be caucasin chef vs. Japaneese chef.I mean weres the diversity.The show is too overrated.

edit-lol theres a judge that looks like Ray Bradbury!! lmao lmao lmao.