• Mhaura

0 0%
  • Tavnazian Safehold

2 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fsvorite city? Version 3!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster
    Bastok doesn't cater towards newbies neither does Windurst. Windurst is just placed out in nowhere and Bastok doesn't have any money making jobs unless you have money to invest in the first place. I like different cities for different reasons. Fishing in San d'Oria was good but wasn't as fun as in Windurst. Jeuno has to be the prettiest though, it gets my vote. Selbina has great music but you don't do much there.

I should probably say something nice about Bastok, but I never got to experience it. I mean, you don't spend much time in town if you aren't trying to make the gil, and you have to have alot of gil to invest inorder to do most of the synthesizing there. It's for hardcore oldbies if you ask me. Like, Japanese-Taru people who make you feel bad about your level hardcore oldbies. I wouldn't start off in anyother town than Bastok, despite everything wrong about it. That doesn't make much sense. Oh-well.
    wtf? I started off in Bastok as I said earlier with my war. But screw hima nd I madea thief on pandomonium so I can beat up Levi and Misfit I started in San d'Oria this time.

I like Windurst the most. ^^

All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion, desire. ~Aristotle

FFXIV Character

Hildy Manderville (Faerie)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Viva la Windurst!

You can'taru get better than a city with so muchy-wuch verdantaru green! So pretty! And, of course, you can'taru forget the fluoro-flora flowers in the districtaru of Windurst Waters!

*makes all the people who hate Taruspeak cringe*

San d'Oria, great soundtrack, English Style Castle Architecture and its the easiest to Navigate i find. North, South and Port. doesnt get much simpler than that.
    Final Fantasy Tactis Is The Best Game Of Life.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rydia of Mist
    *makes all the people who hate Taruspeak cringe*
    *punts Mäjken into a pile of manure*

Asstok isn't a bad place to start out because you can make some money mining while levelling 1-7, and the Highlands are good exp around levels 9-12 (so you can solo while lfg), but the landscape is depressing, the people (at least on Alexander) are ignorant and annoying, and then there's Galka in subligaria. *uses a flask of blinding potion*

I like San d'Oria. It's a little more tedious than Asstok starting out, but especially now there's great money in the fire crystals that drop like a whore's drawers on payday in Ghelsba, and Orcs have a high drop rate for Beastmen's Seals compared to Quadav and Yagudo. BCNM? {Yes, Please}

I don't like Windy at all. It's too big, a pain to navigate, there's taru-talk, and low-level soloing is utter hell. The closest thing there is to a levelling spot 7-10 is Giddeus, and gilfarmers / people trying to farm up fame for Utsu train all of the useful exping mobs, so you spend hours just trying to claim a Yag or two. As a bard, I have a particular aversion to downtime, and trying to level around Windurst makes me want to go on a killing spree. Not mobs, players.

Once you get past the Dunes stage and don't have to level low-lv jobs anymore, though, Windurst is kinda nice. It's nice and pacific. San d'Oria is just as verdant, however, and more majestic.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I chose the Tavnazian Safehold, because I don't think anyone can get there but me!
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

See what I mean, everybody? Evil.

I'm gonna go with Windurst ALL the way here. First, I absolutely LOVE tarus, cause I have never played as a melee job in any MMORPG that I have ever played. Second, It's EXTREMELY easy to navigate once you get the hang of it. In the beginning you will have to check the map every 3 steps, but once you've been playing for a while, it's easy. Third, THE MUSIC. I love it. Hands down second best song in the game (First being Recollection). I could run around for hours all happy-taru-like ^^
    - Never argue with a fool. They drag you down to their own level and beat you with experience

San'Doria. I don't know why, I just love the place. I like Jeuno too though, since I spend most of my time waiting there, trying to get a party.

Oh my dear Doctor Recognized Member Wyllius's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Norg, it's full of ninjapirates, it has a noob population of practically zero and it's quiet, a nice place to fish.

yeah the lowest level you'll see in norg is probaly lvl 30 and someties 25.