Thread: Newbie needs decision help (Spoilers)

Default Newbie needs decision help (Spoilers)

I just got the first four job classes and I can't decide which would be best to start with. Should I go:

Bartz: Knight
    Galuf: Monk
    Faris: Thief
    Reina: White Mage

or

Faris: Black Mage

The Demon of Elements

Probably go with the second choice because that way you can have recovery and attack magic.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd go and get a couple of levels in the two mage abilities you have,(up to level three is preferable, then you have the level 2 black magics when you get them and cure2 and life when you get those, without the jobclass equipped) then set them as secondary abilities later. Much easier because you don't die as quickly.

I find it funny that you pick the same people for the same jobs that I do. but anyways

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

I personally go with the theif in the begining so you can steal items and escape from enemies that are too difficult before going with a black mage, but that's just me.

I agree its funny people assign the same jobs as well - those are the exact same assignments I gave my first set of jobs to. LOL

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

There is a logical reason. Butz has the highest natural strength, Galuf the highest natural vitality, and Faris/Lenna between them have the highest Magic Power values.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

shh---

Don't give our secrets away!

Actually the logical reason doesn't come from looking at stats. It's usually more like 'oh, lenna and faris are girly, let's give them the girly jobs' 'bartz is the main character, main characters always have swords'

and, well, galuf just looks natural as a monk.

(plus your theory doesn't explain why I like using faris as a dragoon or a ninja and bartz as a caller)

(and galuf is a mean black mage as well.)

but that's not initial job equippings, and I doubt anyone else replicates it, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus2501
    I just got the first four job classes and I can't decide which would be best to start with. Should I go:

Faris: Thief

or

Faris: Black Mage
    Faris looks good as a black mage.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

i gave mine
    bartz:blue mage
    reina:white mage
    galuf:black mage
    faris:monk
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/WiFi_Gym_...ex.php?act=idx

Join my wifi gym project. Leader spots are available. Please send me an application.

Okay. Thanks. And about the Blue Mage, how many attacks can you learn from enemies at first? I've only heard about one from before you reach the Pirate's Hideout?

And a little off but has anyone ever tried and all White Mage game?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

goblin punch?

It's not like the pirates hideout is excessively far into the game.

Not at all.

Blog Entries

Well, since I'm a steal freak I would go for the first choise but... blackmages are cool as well.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Usually my first set up is one of these depending on my mood:

Bartz- Monk/theif
    Galuf- Knight/White Mage
    Faris- Blue Mage/Black Mage
    Lenna- White Mage/Blue Mage

After the Slash is what I do most commonly... the first one is the one I did one of my first times though.

Basically I pick up white magic abilities for Galuf then Switch him to mystic knight. Therefor I have a tough character who can heal/revive if neccesary.

Bartz I like picking up the theif's swift foot ability but being a monk is fun... and a monk with the thief's abilities is even funner. Plus I like How Bartz looks as a monk.

Faris I generally have as a blue mage although I also use her as a Black mage with Blue abilities... depending on my agenda at the time(whether or not I am trying to learn Blue spells or not.)

Lenna is in much the same boat as Faris. Go white mage with blue spells or blue mage with white spells.

And actually my classes don't change much later on, Bartz my go ninja later and Lenna if I am bored may be samurai or time mage with white ablities.

I find this party to be good and flexible... other then my lack of time magic of course but I generally don't use it or summons even if I have them.(unless I want to warp out of a dungeon but then I can just class change real quick and poof)

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!