51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ninjas

32 62.75%
  • Samurai

19 37.25%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ninjas or samurai

so many replies in one day!
    Ninjas would kill samurai if they are hidden but in an all out brawl samurai would win

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

ninja's are agile too, so speed over power
    ninjas
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

You want me t pick between them!! I could never pick just one. there is good to both

Any good ninja have are overshadowed by their dishonor. I could never respect someone who poisions and stabs in the back. A true warrior fights face to face with their opponent.
    lol signature

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Tom Cruise = samurai > ninja
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

I could never respect someone who poisions and stabs in the back. A true warrior fights face to face with their opponent.
    not all ninjas poison and stab in the back
    some do fight face to face
    just because of rumors and what you think they normally do in combat is nothing
    You shouldnt stereotype because i've read or seen just like you ninjas who do quite the opposite. If a dummy gets hit in nthe back or the ninja attacks and you don't know it, i consider it your fault, or the fault of who was hit, not the ninjas. You should be aware of your surroundings and not just your front, because then someone could easily attack from the side as they could from the back. A samurai should be conscous of his surroundings and not just one way because that means you're weak in my opinion
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Sure its the persons fault for not paying attention. The fact of the matter is that there is no honor in that. Attacking someone when they're unawares is dishonorable in just about every code of honor.

Honor is of great importance to me, which is why I despise ninja.
    lol signature

Sure its the persons fault for not paying attention. The fact of the matter is that there is no honor in that. Attacking someone when they're unawares is dishonorable in just about every code of honor.
    it's not the ninja's fault that the person is unaware and can there for attack them. And stop saying that ALL NINJA'S are like that. Some will let you get the first attack and let you miss and then attack themselves. You cannot say that all ninja's do that because it's not true and I don't like a stereotype like that. If everyone were awarre of the other's attacks, then where would the challenge lie? When two samurai lock blades, one may use a seperate tactic or attack or something that will catch the other off guard. samurai aren't different. Some samurai attack from the sides because they are intent on winning the battle at hand, just like if anyone saw an opening. Sure, some ninjas do it, but so do samurai, so don't say that it's just one sided. If you make an opponent stumble after a blow, would you let him/her recover and have time to plan another possibly stronger attack? Is that wise? NO, it's not and ninjas take advantage of that, whether it be from behind of the side. If it were life and death and you saw an opening to attack, whether it be from behind or the side, would you take it, or allow the opponent time to get ready to kill you?

Please, know the facts and quit saying that all ninjas do is shoot shurikens from treetops, shoot poison darts *which is stupid* and attack from behind, because it's not true

Blademaster of Northland DeBlayde's Avatar

Ninjas were assassins generated by their environment's corruption, oppression and social inequality. they were the dregs of society. they had no honor and cared nothing for the people they hurt, only for their own selfish ends dictated to them by their clan leaders.

Samurai were greedy b@$tards who created the society through virtue of "Me have sword, you don't, me kill, you die" that directly gave rise to the ninja clans. They polluted the tenets of Bushido to fit their own purposes and justified their debauchery, thoughtlessness and greed.

Ninjas dressed more snazzily.

Samurai carried around those absolutely gorgeous swords. i like swords you know.

Samurai degraded women and gave them no voice in any matter whatsoever. The Last Samurai very accurately illustrated the Samurai's wife role. She was defined as her husband's wife, rarely named, never considered, and expected to silently go about her work. She wasn't even allowed to holler at the brutish ignorant moron who demonstrated a huge lack of respect for herself, her family, and anything nearby. Had he dropped his drawers and taken a poo in the middle of the floor, he wouldn't have demonstrated more disrespect. but no hollering.

Ninja killed women, children, anybody without thought or hesitation. they were thugs. if the bloods and crypts were back in feudal japan, they'd be ninja. or at least trying to be. bad as they are, they'd be breakfast for some of the ninja clans.

I voted for the samurai because i like their swords better. they're purdy.

Makoto, Honesty.

Neither. Killing isn't nice. XD
    --It's me!--

FFXIV Character

Kalen Isis (Sargatanas)

Ahhhhhhh that is so hard, I think I would rather BE a ninja.....But I love the movie Seven Samurai......It depends on my mood, and I think I'm in a ninja mood.
    Boo!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Ninja.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whoever thinks samurai aren't fast are sorely mistaken, the samurai have a great deal of speed about them as well, encumbered though they are by their armor. They aren't slow by any means.

And as far as the "ALL ninja aren't like that" comment, as was said Ninja were assassins, it was their job to strike from the back and strike without being seen. They were supposed to kill someone, not toy with them.

Blog Entries

Shadow(FFVI)= Ninja... My vote= Ninja.

Ninjas were assassins generated by their environment's corruption, oppression and social inequality
    True. Ninja were purely a consequence of the brutality and corruption of the military dictatorship, the oppression of the peasant caste' by the rule of the samurai.Oppressed townsmen and peasants , frustrated by their lack of freedom , secreted themselves away within tightly-knit microcosmic societies , similar to the feudal clan system , adopting a strict code of loyalty and undergoing intense training in different fields - particularly ninpo/ninjutsu " the arts of stealth " , the assorted martial arts etc. They hired themselves out to the highest biddersas mercenaries , specializing in assassination , espionage ,arson and terrorism.The ninja were purported to possess supernatural abilities , like flight , hypnosis , superhuman strength , speed and agility.Some would argue that the ninja , free of the strict tenets of Bushido that the samurai followed , were superior warriors , though the ninja followed their own somewhat warped code of honour. For example, if a ninja was captured he/she would either kill himself or be killed by an accomplice , ather than reveal the secrets of his/her clan's secrets to the captor.