Thread: Confusion on the whole draw thing...

Default Confusion on the whole draw thing...

This system has me confused. I understand how to stock magic, but applying an element to a stat? Does that mean if, say I have fire for strength, I can only use more fires to level that stat up? And does it make a difference which elements you apply to stats? And what about MP. I'm just totally confused on the whole thing.
    I only got to the Fire Cavern, but I turned the game off becuase I didn't want to proceed without fully understanding this system. So can someone provide me with the basics?

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It works like this:

You have a stock of magic. That magic has a stat-affecting value: Like say, Firex100 is Str+50, Mag+54, Def+30, and Luck+1 (which is isn't, I just made those up)
    Then when you junctioned fire to str, it'd go up 50, magic would go up 54 if you junctioned it to it, defense woulf raise if you junctioned it to def. If you split your fire stock 50/50 between squall and quistis, then it might only raise strength 25 if you had it junctioned there.

There is no MP in the game-- You can cast as many spells as you have in your inventory

You can junction any spell to any stat, if you have a GF that'll let you do so. Shiva lets you junction to strength right now and vitality, right? And I really have no clue what quezacotl's good for, probably magic and spirit or something. And later, you can change the spell. It doesn't matter, it only raises your stats temporarily, if you remove the junctions, it'll go back to the base statistics. (You raise stats permanently by using the str+, Mag+, vit+, spr+, and hp+ abilities when your GFs learn them (when you get ifrit, get him to learn his str%+ abilities after boost, that way you can junction str+ earlier in the game. and generally don't level a lot, just enough so that you fight all the battles necessary to get all the spells. The more levels you have left over when you get the GFs bahamut and cactuar the better you'll be, because then you can raise four stats per level up)

All elements raise the stats equally, if they're of the same rank. Fire and blizzardx100 would both raise strength by 50 in my example about Stronger versions raise them more-- Firaga and Blizzaga might raise it by 100. (which they don't, but you get the idea) Just try all the spells out in the stats you can junction to right now to see what the best combination is

A short summary:
    Draw 100x spells every time you find a new one.
    Don't level much,
    To make an attack with an element, instad of just boosting strength, add it to the elem atk junction.
    Look for the best combinations of junctions that gives you the best and highest balance of stats.

Applying Fire to the Strength stat isn't applying that element, it's just junctioning that spell. The Fire spell has a set number that it increases Strength by when it is junctioned to Strength, it doesn't specifically give Strength the Fire element. There is a junction ability you aquire later (from Ifrit) called Elem-Atk. If you junction the Fire spell to this stat, then you will give you attack an element. The strength of the element with your attack is again predetermined. Also note the the more you have of a certain spell, the more that spell will affect whatever stat you junction it to.

I hope that helped. If not say so and I'll try to explain it again.

but applying an element to a stat? Does that mean if, say I have fire for strength, I can only use more fires to level that stat up?

Certain magic will effect certain stats better. In more basic terms the higher versions of that same magic will effect the stat it junctions to better. Ex. Fire, Fira, Firaga.

Now, remember that if you junction magic if you start to use it it will affect your stats as well, so if you had 100 junctioned and used 25...your stat that it is junctioned to would theoretically drop 25% until you replenish the stock.

In terms of MP, there isnt any really. You cast your stocked magic and your GF's learn abilities which you can choose to 'equip' to enhance what you want. Ex. Speed, Strength % bonuses, magic % bonuses, etc etc. (theres a lot).

Best thing to do with just the junctioning of stocked magic though is to auto equip it, either auto equip attack, magic or defence, depending on how you want that character to be in the game. Then you can manually tweak areas junctioned. What I mean by tweak? Personally I just tweaked the status and elemental junctions (again your GF's learn those later).

Just stock and stock everything. And make sure later you refine the lesser magics into the higher forms (again, your GF's will learn these abilities...).

I was like you, but once you get the hang of it, it's really fun. And it doesnt take long to get the hang of it either.

Caesu

Alright, I think I get it now. Thanks for the help!

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

No mp on this game lol this is the first and maybe th eonly modernized video game square ever developed.but yeah thd second poster is right.