Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should the "Final Fantasy" series end?

Post Should the "Final Fantasy" series end?

Should there be a limit to the Final Fantasty's? Or should they just continue for ever more until the likes of Final Fantasy 47 is on the market?
    Will there be a FINAL fantasy?
    Beyond the lines of freedom

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Not until the day it stops making Square and all its benificiaries lots and lots of money.

The day Final Fantasy 47 is released will be a good day.

Eventually there may be, but then they will create another RPG series similar to it with a different name.

Megaman has many more games than Final Fantasy, sadly though most of the newest ones have gotten bad reviews, and I tend to agree except I really like the GBA games, the X series needs to end soon... just "kill zero" like his destiny said in X-3, but yet he cant because Megaman Zero is afterwards, and Zero is alive, aww hell did they screw up by contradicting themself...

THE JACKEL

Well, they shouldn't go all the way to FF47 if they can avoid it, I don't think... more like just keep diversifying. Look at what they're doing now. Dirge of Cerebrus. FFX-2. Tactics and Tactics advance. Crystal Chronicles. Just eventually start giving them more creative names and you're fine.
    YOU SPOONY BARD!!!!

They should at least make it to Final Fantasy XXX. I'd buy that one.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Of coarse its going to end. Id say we have a few more fantasys than you think coming though. Unfortunatly i say that the series is getting worse. FF10 was good but it is not half as good as the others and with 12 being no random battles its totally betraying its roots. I will still buy them cause im a FF adict but it will probably end on FF15-17 sumin

The series should never end. Maybe bring in some new minds to the fray to mix it up a bit, but it should never end. At the rate they are making Final Fantasy games I might be 56 before FFXLVII comes out, but I'll still bye it.

as long as they keep making me cry im not bothered how many they make.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Imagine:

FFC: Crystal.

It's a very obvious step.

You play as a myriad of crystals of different colors, and their method of communication is resonance.

then you get to go on a quest to lure humans to you in order to make them go do stupid stuff for you.

Blog Entries

Eventually, the whole staff as we know it today will retire or move onto other projects, leaving behind a bunch of work experience kids with little to no knowledge as to how a Final Fantasy works.

At that point, it will end.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeDRankLou
    The series should never end. Maybe bring in some new minds to the fray to mix it up a bit, but it should never end. At the rate they are making Final Fantasy games I might be 56 before FFXLVII comes out, but I'll still bye it.
    if it does, think of the waste of space the cases will make. (Covered in decline of video gaming, if you've seen it.If not you're missing out.)
    Just think. 5 foot case, 3.5 inch disc

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Probably what's going to happen is they'll finally make a succesful spinoff series which will eclipse the main series's popularity (sorta like how Capcom stopped making Mega Man games 'cause Mega Man X was selling better), at that point there'll be a few periodic FF releases, but they'll just shift focus. At the moment I'm hard pressed to think of a series that made it up to a 12th installment, so that in and of itself is pretty impressive. King of Fighters made to to a 10th game, Mega Man and Dragon Quest have only gotten up to 8 so far.... Actually managing to keep consumer accomplishment for that long is such a huge accomplishment it's really quite unusual for a company to do that.

FF should have stopped at 8.

But as long as money is speaking, why stop? I know if I was a Square exec, I'd try to pimp as much money out of the nerds and geeks that play FF as much as possible.

i don't when or if the Final Fantasy series is will end, but i'm just gonna look ahead...