Thread: stupid government desicion today

Default stupid government desicion today

Ok, today they anounced that Lockheed will now be making our presidential helicopter. This is one of the stupidest things they've ever done. If you don't know Lockheed is a foreign company that never, i repeat, has NEVER made a helicopter before! This is an extremely high security risk.
    My dad works at Sikorsky so i'm not trying to be biased so, at least they could have picked one of the other three companies in the US.
    Doing this is like having the president of Ford driving a Chevy.
    What do you think of this?

maybe they make models and blueprints of a helicopter for some other company to do the physical stuff and now they want to build it themselves.

It's not a security issue. I can guarantee it will be a top notch helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by 612904398619
    maybe they make models and blueprints of a helicopter for some other company to do the physical stuff and now they want to build it themselves.
    Exactly. Its much cheaper that way to. Maybe, only assuming.

Blademaster of Northland DeBlayde's Avatar

naw. can't be cheaper. how can you tell? because the US government is doing it.

Makoto, Honesty.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

naw. can't be cheaper. how can you tell? because the US government is doing it.
    Too true. Anything the government does is always exhorbitantly more expensive than it need be.

As i understand it lockheed martin are also building you're whole new generation of vertical takeoff military aircraft so this isn't really a big security issue. As for not building helicopters i'm resonbly sure they do as a friend of mine is a spot welder on apache gunships they make. Although i may of gotten the wrong company there.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

I'd say invading Iraq was probably a little bit stupider.

.opt

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, obviously, the company that designed and produces the F117-A (the stealth fighter) is incompetent and can't find the ressources and quality staff to make an helicopter. :rolleyes2

Besides, had your dad and you searched a little, you'd have seen that Lockheed will NOT be the only one making it, it's a group of companies led by Lockheed, which also includes AgustaWestland and Bell Helicopter Textron. Now tell me, where is Bell Helicopters from? Surely they do not know how to make helicopters, too.

And then there is Death

Lockheed has had at least several helicopter prototypes and trial runs, but I'm not sure if any of them ever made it into production.

And, um, how is Lockheed Martin a foreign company?

Quote Originally Posted by Optium
    I'd say invading Iraq was probably a little bit stupider.

.opt
    I agree with you on that lol.