View Poll Results: Best 'football'

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Football (Gridiron)

17 38.64%
  • What the rest of the world calls football (soccer)

27 61.36%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: American Football vs Real Football

Yup, Doc Sark pretty much summed it all up. In Germany, there are probably 10,000 football fans for every American football fan, and when England march in to Villa Park tonight, to face Holland, I know that when the anthems start playing, I'll feel a sense of pride.

I think the best example of how passionate some fans can get is the 1994 world cup, some Colombians shot one of their players who scored an own goal.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sark
    I don't find a bunch of guys running up and down a court doing nothing BUT scoring very stimulating.
    You say that about basketball but I say this about soccer.

I don't find a bunch of guys running up and down a field doing nothing very stimulating.

Oh for goodness sake....

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    You say that about basketball but I say this about soccer.

I don't find a bunch of guys running up and down a field doing nothing very stimulating.
    I know this, I accept this, but some people aren't getting past this. i was using that statement to illustrate my point about all sport being repetetive to some degree, not to disrespect basketball which I acknowledge as a sport that involves a high degree of skill and athleticism.

And they're not doing nothing. You just don't understand football. Each player has his own role...my god its the same in practically every team sport.

I think the best example of how passionate some fans can get is the 1994 world cup, some Colombians shot one of their players who scored an own goal.
    I don't think that Drug Lords shooting Escobar because they lost a significant amount of money when he scored an own goal against the USA to put Colombia out amounts to passion as musch as it amounts to greed and illustrates how dangerous a country Colombia is. I'm sure you can think of better examples of passion regarding football tomamar, like the sound of the Japanese fans every time Japan got out of their own half in the 2002 World Cup.
    Last edited by Doc Sark; 02-09-2005 at 04:08 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

well i find it easy that doesnt mean its easy at all ive never been brilliant at b ball or football but i still try but im a lot better at b ball but its a boring sport compared to football which im usually hoyed in defence or goal when im capable of scoring. which is rare but when i do i usually score more than 1.
    all sports have differences and similiarities and difficulty levels that differ for each person i find b ball easy but it doesnt mean im going to be in the NBA does it. im out of football for a wholw fortnight after the injuries in my left foot and right leg.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Oh sorry, I didn't realise that it was Colombian drug lords who had a bet, I must be misinformed .

Seen as some people don't seem to get the point i'm going add to what Doc said.

All sports are repetative. They all invole doing the samething over and over again in order to achive something.

Football, NFL, Basketball, Hockey, Golf, Tennis, Rugby, Cricket, any other sport or activity you can think of. They all invole people doing the same thing over and over again.

Some of you complain about the lack of scoring in football make's it boring. On the other hand scoring in Basketball happens every few second's. Which to someone else is boring/repetative.

To give another example. I like Baseball, but I know it's repetative. Some game's have hardly any scoring some have a lot. On the other hand I can't stand Cricket, it has more scoring that Baseball, but it dosn't make it more fun to watch. It's not about the score it's about the game. The up's and down's you go through whilst watching or playing.

Sport isn't about how often a point/goal is scored it's about the passion, excitment and tension depending on the situation.

At least someone gets the point.

Amen to that.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Don't get me wrong. I was not mad or anything about what was said about basketball(pretty much true) but I just had to say that about soccer because that is how most people view it over here. They run up and down the field. They don't score so they must not be doing much of anything.

*flawed logic forever*

When will you get it. That is the beauty of football. In basketball, every time someone starts an attack, you expect them to score. In football you need a large piece of skill/luck/teamwork to even stand a chance.

The old saying "less is more"
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

*gives up*