Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IKEA

Default IKEA

Anyone ever been to IKEA?

I love it, the store has such a great variety of furniture at cheap prices. I just bought a kick-ass floor lamp for $10, a green shelf for $10, a green table with yellow legs for $50...and heck, they have 4 packs of 100-watt lightbulbs for 69 cents. Table lamps range as low as $4 and they have them in so many colors. It's a great store for people on a college budget(like me). I think IKEA is typically aimed at college students more so than any other furniture store because I've seen them locate near college campuses(I.E. College Park, MD).

I know not many of you go to furniture stores often...if ever, but IKEA is the place to shop. The range of colors that they have should suit most people without a large dent in your wallet.

<font size=1>This advertisement was brought to you by IKEA®.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've bought a few items from IKEA in the past. As standard, IKEA products tend to come with no instructions and a couple of parts missing, just for good measure. I'm not sure whether it's the same everywhere, but in this part of England, IKEA have a fairly bad reputation.

The stuff is cheap, though.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Me and the wife LOVE IKEA. Our whole house is done in Ikea. Which one do you go to? (seeing as how there is only like a dozen in the US)

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

<a href="http://www.angryflower.com">Stephen Notley may not have a favoring opinion of IKEA.</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Cid
    Me and the wife LOVE IKEA. Our whole house is done in Ikea. Which one do you go to? (seeing as how there is only like a dozen in the US)
    I got to the one in College Park. There's 3 IKEA's in my area: College Park, Baltimore, and Woodbridge(Virginia).

There's 26(27 later this year) IKEAs in the US...mainly centered around big markets. There's 3 of them in Sydney. They're selling the same didrik shelf I bought for $10 in Australia for $19...which is like, $15US now...those suckers.

My whole bedroom is basically Ikea. It's stuff I can afford, and it just looks snazzah, so that's why I like it. Getting there is a pain though since the nearest one is like a 1hr away (which in England is far) and it's usually crowded with shoppers. But the place is cool to look at (the showrooms there are quite impressive) and it has a good repuatation where I live.
    For notice, I live in Leicester and I have to get to the IKEA in Nottingham.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I went to the after Christmas Ikea sale and got a whole mess of stuff for my dorm room. Pillows, rugs, comforter, lamp, shoe rack, hangers, straws, the whole shebang. It was a joyous day.

I can spend hours just wandering through the place, and sitting in those little rooms and kitchens. The place is designed so that you really have to go through the WHOLE maze-like warehouse before being able to find the exit.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Never been to one.

ikea! i LOVE browsing through their annual magazine i'd always imagine decorating a brand-new house just to call my own...ahh the simple pleasures of life

on the other hand, a lot of their products are not exactly long-lasting. but keeping the cost in mind, i reckon it's pretty worth it
    Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.

Henry Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    For notice, I live in Leicester and I have to get to the IKEA in Nottingham.
    thats were i go!!
    i love ikea!! the one in nottingham is only about 20 mins away!!
    have you seen that cool loft apartment in there? its AMAZING!!
    my whole room is IKEA! my computer desk is bright pink! yes!

i think that the nottingham one is the biggest in england. it takes about 2 hours to wander throgh it!
    i LOVE IKEA!!!!

Trust No one

My entire family loves Ikea. Our entire house is done in Ikea.

:whaaa: I've adopted this smiley

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainecloud
    I've bought a few items from IKEA in the past. As standard, IKEA products tend to come with no instructions and a couple of parts missing, just for good measure. I'm not sure whether it's the same everywhere, but in this part of England, IKEA have a fairly bad reputation.

The stuff is cheap, though.
    Oh god, I remembered that episode of Futurama and started busting up.

I only went to one once, when they were like, a new thing.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I go there every once in a while and wander around, never with the intention of buying, just of browsing around. I have heard both arguments about IKEA, that everything is cheap, both in price and quality, but have never purchased anything myself, so I cannot say if the latter is true.

The closest one is a bit east of where I live on Long Island.

Take care all.

The closest IKEA I know of is in Toronto. And thats like a 4-5 hour drive. I haven't seen any on my side of the states, near Buffalo NY. I hear good things though.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

My room could double as an IKEA showroom. I love their store.