Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with FF8!

Default Help with FF8!

Ah! After a long break I'm playing through FF8 again (for the first time, i stoped after i got into Lunatic pandora), I'm in ultam-wotshername's castle now and all my powers have been sealed, grrr! Anyway I've defeated four bad guys and have magic,item, draw and save unlocked and the fifth bad guy, he keeps using doom on me! And because I cant resurrect i keep dying! How do you get rid of doom again? I've completely forgot. Also I dont have this Treatment command that one of the GF's (cant remember which) is supposed to give you. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amra

1. Junction 100 Doom to status defense.
    2. Just use items to resurrect.
    3. "Angelo Reverse" may resurrect your characters if Rinoa is in your party.
    4. Try to get Rinoa's "Invincible Moon" to become invincible.
    5. Fight other bosses to get more abilities.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Right - there's no particular order you need to fight the bosses in, so if this one is too hard right now, fight another.

Also, if I remember correctly, the Treatment ability (which comes from junctioning the Siren GF) would only become available after you'd unlocked the GF ability, since the special skills they give you go along with that.

Thanks for the help guys. I was having difficulty FINDING another boss to fight and unlock more skill's but I've just done so now, and have gone back and kicked Doom-guys ass. 2 more skills to go.

amra

Treatment comes from Siren, or any GF who you teach the ability to with a Med Kit. You can get a Med Kit by refining 100 Dragon Fangs with GF Abl Med-RF. Might be other ways, but none that I can think of now.

On another point, does anyone know what element Tiamat's Dark Flare attack is? I went into the battle with 90% absorb all elements, and my characters absorbed the attack. I've been curious ever since, but I never remember to junction particular elements to Elemental Defense, so I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Treatment is under the 'Command' ability not 'GF', although I cannot remember which Boss in Ulti's castle casts doom...Omega Weapon? If so, he is optional anyway. If you don't prepare properly he will brown you every time, I advise, if you're a novice & wish to beat him anyway, utilize the Gilgamarsh Card-Mod for 100 Hero's & sit it out invincible.

Gilgamesh mods into 10 Holy Wars, not 100 Heros. Of course, that should still be more than enough to beat Omega (I used 3 the first time I beat him).

hmm Something mods to 100 Heros maybe Irvines card

Non Omnis Moriar Shockwave Pulsar's Avatar

That's laguna.
    "In Nomine Patris Et Filli Et Spiritu Sancti, Amen.
    Ave Maria Gratia Plena Dominus Tecum Benedicta Tu In Mulieribus, Et Benedictus Fructus Ventris Tui Iesu.
    Sancta Maria Mater Dei Ora Pro Nobis Pecatoribus Nunc Et In Hora Mortis Nostrae, Amen."

Yup. Laguna's Card turns into 100 Heros. You should probably just go with Gilgamesh's Card though. Holy Wars are much more efficient, unless you're having a character fight solo.

Articles

Skyblade:

Tiamat's Dark Flare attack is actually "tri-elemental". It deals out Fire, Ice, and Bolt (the three basic elements) damage simultaneously. Therefore, you must have your elemental defense configured in a way that allows you to defend against/absorb all three elements. You were able to absorb Dark Flare because you have Ultima (and probably Full-Life ?) junctioned to Elem-Def, and absorb every element.

Don't bother with Heros; Holy Wars have the same effect, only on all three party members. Don't worry about modding cards if you've played the CC group during Disks 2/3. You can win any rare card you Card Mod back from the CC group on the Ragnarok during Disk 4 (though you have to have played them in order for them to show up on the Ragnarok).

You are correct. I had all four characters junctioned with Ultima, Full-Life, Life, and Shell to Elemental Defense. 100 of each equals... 90% Absorb All Elements, actually (I'd forgotten to junction Shell while double checking, which is why I got 70% before this edit). Thanks for the info on Dark Flare.

Oh, and is the Pu Pu card considered a rare card? It's only a level 5 monster card, but you can only get one...
    Last edited by Skyblade; 02-16-2005 at 01:51 AM.

Are you absolutely sure that you can win back modded cards? Because I could have sworn you couldn't. I mean, if I mod the Gilgamesh card for 10 Holy Wars and then go play the CC Group I can get Gilgamesh again and then refine it for another 10 Holy Wars?!?

Oh, and BTW you're not a real man (or woman, I guess) until you beat Omega without Holy Wars.

As far as i remember the only rare cards you cannot get off CC group are the 1s the Queen of Cards' father makes, you can get them off her on disk3 at Piet's pod crash site.....NO idea why she's there but she is...i'm thinking of starting a U=QfC theory...

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Oh, and is the Pu Pu card considered a rare card? It's only a level 5 monster card, but you can only get one...
    Yep, the fact that there is only one is reason enough to consider it a "Rare Card". This statement is also supported by the fact that acquiring it can be a lengthy process.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall04
    Oh, and BTW you're not a real man (or woman, I guess) until you beat Omega without Holy Wars.
    Either that, or you just don't care.