Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FF:Dos or FF:O?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by /Ifrit/
    Ive played FF7 and FF10, so I know what this series is all about.
    No offense or anything, but if those are the only two games you've played, I'd have to say you don't really know what the series is all about. FFVI and beyond really went in a much more cinematic direction and kind of strayed from its dungeon crawling roots. Not that I'm trying to start a flame war, I love FFVIII and FFX, but if FFVII and FFX are the only games you've played, you're really going to be shocked when you play FFI and II. My personal prefernce for FFO or FFDoS changes depending on my mood, and I often prefer the 8-bit versions, but I'd say if you're more used to the newer games, then DEFINITELY buy FFDoS. You'll probably beat both games in about a week. If you like them enough and want to see the originals, THEN you should get FFO. Otherwise, FFO might actually put you off to the earlier games. I can't reccomend playing the 8-bit versions until you're a little more used to that style of gameplay (turn based combat, non-cinematic visuals, minimal story & character development, etc.).

being a nostalgic gamer i prefer the NES/Famicom version. I bought origins and liked it, I've been thinking of getting DoS, whenever I get the money. I really wanna play it, caus I'm very curious about all the dungeon and item additions. from what i've heard here on this forum it seems worth it to buy. unforutunately I don't have a GBA anymore :rolleyes2