Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many hours did it take you to complete the game?

It took me like near 46 hours to beat it the first time, but I wuz trying to finish it without doing any of the extra things, or trying to pump up my characters. Now im playing it again and hav currently 136 hours of game time, but this time im pumping up my players as well as doing all of the extra stuff i.e. Side Quests, Extra Aeons, Monster Arena, etc.
    "Feed me."

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    what exactly did you DO for a 1000 hours?

I'm just, you know, wondering
    It was a joke. It took me anout 160 hours

I just beat the game last night (wow . . . great ending), and the whole game took me about 48 hours. The only extra aeon I got was Yojimbo, and I didn't try to beat any of the special monsters in the arena (although I did do some collecting -- if you get all the monsters from an area the guy gives you really cool stuff, like 99 stamina tonics).

I ended up with 80 hours at Besaid (yep- first time round) on my first attempt at the game cause I left my PS2 running for like 3 days.

Default How many hours did it take you to complete the game?

the first time i played it i beat it in 546:45. it took me a long time cuz the stupid blitzball thing for wakka and i got all of the secrete aeons. apart from the wakka thing the most time consuming was maxing out everyone on the sphere grid making them have more than 9,999 hp and 999 mp. i also made it so that everyone had break damage limit, triple overdrive, overdrive=>ap for the weapons and for the aromor i had auto haste, auto regen, auto protect. even with all of this it took me a long time before i could beat every monster at the arena without dying at least once. overall i probably played more but everytime i died at the arena i would reset forgetting to save frequently. now i am working on ff x-2 but i dunno if i'll actually work as hard as i did on this one and ffvii.

my thanks to Blitz Ace for the sig

"We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other." Leon (Kingdom Hearts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    976 hours
    WTF..???? i thought it was the shortes of most of hte major ff.. it took me about 45 hrs..0_O to get to zanarkand..o_O
    You know you're obsessed with FF when...:laughing:
    1) You yell at the characters. i.e "Cloud, what the heck do you think you're doing?!"
    2) You praise the characters and/or tell them you love them. i.e "Oh yeah, Squall!"or"Nice save Tidus!"
    3)You start to dress/talk/act like the characters and/or pick up their habits i.e saying ...'whatever' half the time,randomly pointing your finger in the air when you talk to someone,ect
    4) You talk about the characters as if you know them. i.e "Oh yeah, I think Cloud and Tifa should get together."or" Seifer such a big jerk!”
    5) When you're playing FF and someone asks what you're doing you reply "saving the planet".
    6) You mistakenly refer pounds/dollars/euros as Gil afew times.
    7) When you grow up you want to be a -SeeD/ Shinra Soldier/ Galbadian Soldier/ member of SOLDIER/ Sorceress/ Choco Sage/ Garden Master/President of Shinra Inc./ Turk/ Scientist/Summoner/Mage/White Mage/Sephiroth
    8) You wondered (or wished) one (or more) of the following:
    --You knew did know (and /or)knew someone as cute as Squall/Cloud/Irvine/Sephiroth/Vincent/Tidus ect,Tifa/Aerith/Yuffie/Rikku/Yuna/Rinoa/Selphie ect
    -You could go to Garden instead of school
    -You could play Blitzball in PE
    -You could drive the Ragnarok/Highwind
    - Chocobos roamed the forests near your house.
    -You wish you could use magic/materia/GF's/summons/Materia
    -You had a limit break
    :riiight:

Took me about 80 hours first time. Second timeit too me 100 hours but with extra training and Blitzball it turning into around 160 hours.
    I am the one and only Dragon choosen by Tidus to help to defeat sin. Used by Freya to destroy the likes of Necron and Kuja.

Blog Entries

More to the point, what do you Americans DO for 200-odd hours? There's no Dark Aeons last time I checked. And the Dark Aeons take up more time than the monster arena, in my experience.

there was a picture here

first time: 70 hours
    Now I'm up to 170 hours and I still need to defeat 4 dark aeons and capture too many fiends :sweatdrop

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus
    stuff
    We can max sphere grid stats too. I mean, maybe we'd like to pwnze nemesis once in a while.

That and blitzball.

I completed it in 39 hours. I could have beat it in less time, but I got Yuna's Legendary Weapon, and I did a few sidequests and stuff.

I am now at about 50 or so. I have been leveling up Yuna, Tidus, and Auron a lot.

32 hours. I only just defeated the game.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm near the end of the game, I believe, and I'm still under forty hours. I've decided I want to level some more before I (SPOILER)go inside sin and I want to get the summons I don't have yet, then I'll probably transfer it to another save slot, beat the second one, and continue to work on the first one as my master save. I could have it "beaten" in under 45 hours, I believe, but not, like, BEATEN, know what I mean? xD

Signature by rubah. I think.

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

8o hours and still counting.........

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Somewhere between 35 and 45. I can't honestly remember. O.o Though I spent a good while leveling up, I didn't go nearly as far as you could with the game.