Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FF2 leveling for noobs

Well, can't help with the FFII stuff really, but as for the others, well, this is a forum, for the chat room, click the Chat button at the top of the page (next to Stats) and follw the instructions. As for having a Signature (that's what it's called), go to your User CP (again, at the top of the page), then click Edit Signature on the left hand side. You can type something in the box, then click Save Signature and BAM! There ya go. For images, you must find an image on the web you like (images you made must be somewhere on the web, like Photobucket), then right click it and click Properties (near the bottom of the Pop Down Menu). Highlight the Address (URL), Copy and Paste to your Edit Signature box, then place [img] at the front of the address and [/img] at the end, that should do it.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Dispenser Of Sarcasm Queen Anthai's Avatar

The quickest and easiest way I found to bring up your hit points is to eliminate every enemy but one, and then attack yourself. When you're sick of that, kill off the last enemy. Now go to the menu and select someone with the Cure spell. Opt to use it on everyone at once, and fill up your party's HP. That will level up your Cure faster as well.

Of course, if you don't use your magic during a battle, you won't earn more MP, so probably best to Cure during the battle as well.

Yes, in the moonlight she is even more beautiful...

the best way to gain HP and MP is to cancel trick your change/swap magic to at least lvl 4 for everyone. Then after like an hour or two you'll have characters with like 2000+HP and lots of MP. The best way to get swap magic, imho, is to go north of Phin and fight sorcerers. They tend to drop Berserk books and other expensive magics. Berserk will yield 5000 Gil. Try to get a bunch of them, you need them to cover the costs of swap. The hard part is getting to Mysidia and back. If you're playing DoS or Origins, you need lots of Cures, Life spells, running and well..... luck. If you're emulating the original, use the save state/cure trick to avoid battles. To save you the trip down there, I'd say get your ass to the Chocobo Forest, but good luck getting back. This is the quickest way to gain both HP and MP but depending on your versaion of FF2 and your luck, it might be the hardest.
    Last edited by Dragonfire; 02-07-2005 at 02:38 AM.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Or you could just beat up your party members like god intended.

Yes, what ever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

yes, beating up your characters builds there HP, but it's not an efficient way to build your MP. You could beat them jup with your spells, but it becomes increasingly harder to reach the point where you've used enough MP to raise your MP

Actually, a REALLY quick way is to cast ANTI/Sap/Whatever it was called in Origins (Faze?). It directly reduces the amount of MP of the target. Kinda worthless for monsters. It's almost like it was made specifically to use on your own party. I'm suprised more people don't think of that.

okay dragonfir how do i get more hp of the swap trick could you explain it to me if so it would really help i almost got to the cave i think but i didn't get that white mage on my team i will try

you wanna cancel trick your swap magic to lvl 4 or so. cast it on a weak enemy such as a hornet. if the spell works it will switch your life total and MP with their's so it will put your HP at 6 and MP at 0 then just kill the monster and your stats will go up

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

then you're stuck without any mp.

of course that's easily remedied with a quick stop at the inn, but *still* it's the idea of the matter.

exactly you just do it within a few steps of altea or gatea

Long story short, there's a billion and one ways to do anything in this game, but they all involve doing something you don't want to do.

okay i just got the canoe and that mage dude he is good but i ran into ghost and died forgot to save just need help lvling my HP without the swap and attack yourself because it takes to long any other way
    i am lotink king of all RPG games. :greenking :evilking:

Dispenser Of Sarcasm Queen Anthai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Long story short, there's a billion and one ways to do anything in this game, but they all involve doing something you don't want to do.
    That is the greatest quote about Final Fantasy II that has ever been said.

The title of this thread is horribly misleading. NOTHING about FFII is for noobs. It's the most convoluted stat system I've ever seen. You have to have a PhD in astro-physics just to get the jist of it. Giving yourself more HP isn't necessarily going to make the game easier for you. I had a game where all my characters exceeded 3000 HP before going to the Warship, and none of 'em managed to get halfway through without dying. @.@