Thread: Flayer and Parasol Worth Getting?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Default Flayer and Parasol Worth Getting?

I know you can get the Parasol (for Aeris) or the Flayer (for Cid) if you master Speed Square at Gold Saucer. I'm just not good at shooters, even with a turbo controller. Are they even worth the bother?

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

The Parasol probably isn't worth the bother given the storyline. I haven't earned either of these two weapons, so I really can't say anything else about this.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

The Parasol probably isn't worth the bother given the storyline
    what this guy said, just dont bother, you'll be realy annoyed
    Member of the KH Trinity

I've gotten the parasol, with a turbo controller. I've never had the chance for aeris to use it though because i was on disc 3 when i got it.

Contributions

I figured as much, thanks.

How about Flayer?

If you get the Flayer early enough and you regularly use Cid, then it's definately worth it. The Parasol is funny to see in action, but it's not that worth it.

The Parasol aka the Umbrella is well worth getting. It can be obtained the first time the Gold Saucer is visited meaning that Aerith will have it through the rest of the Gold Saucer, the Desert Prison, Gongaga, Cosmo Canyon, Nibelheim, Mt Nibel, Rocket Town, the return to Gold Saucer and Temple of Ancients. Also she will of course have it also for any side trips the player chooses to take during those times such as detours back to Junon for the Junon alarm trick, or to the Gold Saucer's battle arena, or to the part of the Mideel area that it is possible to access on disc one, or a visit to the Bone Village area for new armour, and of course Wutai

With so many places left to visit after the first visit to Gold Saucer it's possible for her to get plenty of usage out of the weapon, and if the player does get it she won't get a better one until the Temple of the Ancients, the Princess Guard. Yes the Princess Guard has lower attack power than the Umbrella initially but once powered up it is better than the Umbrella because it has triple attack power then.

If the player gets the Umbrella the first time the Gold Saucer is visited it's the strongest weapon it's possible to have in the inventory at that stage, better than even Cloud's weapons then, and as well as giving Aerith a high attack power it also has a high critical hit rate giving Aerith chances to cause even more damage

The Flayer is a pretty nifty weapon too I'd really recommend getting both the next time you have the chance BG-57
    Aerith fan
    Tifa fan
    Me and boyfriend - A love that crosses oceans
    Cloud and Aerith - Love across dimensions
    Cloud and Tifa - Love across time
    Tifa and Aerith were friends
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/atendertouch/
    Fool's Gold

You havta get everything, dude!
    Don't sell yourself short, trust me when the clock gets to 99:99 it just starts over.
    Hell does not exist, but you can get there if you try.
    - Bad Religion

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Actually, the clock just gets stuck at 99:59.

I might have to try for the Parasol if I get really bored this summer--having Aeris with strong physical attack power is appealing.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

You can't get the Umbrella (Parasol) on Disc 3 as someone alluded to; at this point in the game, 5000 points at Speed Square will earn you the Flayer.

As to the original question, I would recommend getting both, simply so you can say you have done so. It's not really all that difficult. If you absolutely can't score 5000 points, though, neither weapon will really influence how you play the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Teezy View Post
    I've gotten the parasol, with a turbo controller. I've never had the chance for aeris to use it though because i was on disc 3 when i got it.
    Masamune-1600 coming in with the truth.

You CAN’T get the parasol after disc 1, Teezy. You are a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teezy View Post
    Masamune-1600 coming in with the truth.

You CAN’T get the parasol after disc 1, Teezy. You are a liar.
    At least I'm not lying to myself. You're getting too old to be that one guy at parties who busts out the guitar and plays wonderwall anymore

ps: nobody smurfing likes that one guy to begin with

Contributions

Wow, I didn't think threads this old could get resurrected! At least it informed me that my account was still here. Maybe we should kill this thread and start a new one if there's still interest in the topic?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

On the one hand, damn Bubba, reviving a 14 year old thread, what the actual crap. xD

On the other hand, it's so nice to see BG-57 posting after being gone for five years that I'm not even mad. Even if only for the one day xD I'll close this thread, yeah.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!