Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 123456789132353103 ... LastLast

Thread: BAoTW Party 2005 - We rock, and they know it!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    You sure can, Dr. K! We need more doctors to fight those damn...damn things!

And as I stress (Largely in response to BoB's nonsense): Not a religious party. You can be Christian (And all denominations thereof!), Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Hindu, Satanist, Atheist, Psychoticist and any other religion that you can think of but I can't because my brain is currently slow.

Just a load of random words put together.
    I never said that you couldn't, I merely said that you shouldn't prejudice people as "silly" merely because they might see labelling themself as atheist - even if it's just jokingly - as wrong, according to their beliefs. That's like saying their beliefs are silly!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I stress the importance that this party is not about atheism and if you use it as an excuse not to join then you are clearly very silly.
    They're only silly if they use the atheism thing as a reason not to join. Therefore by becoming a member they cleanse themselves of any silliness, which benefits everyone.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Czech. Republic
    They're only silly if they use the atheism thing as a reason not to join. Therefore by becoming a member they cleanse themselves of any silliness, which benefits everyone.
    So you're saying that if someone does not join because, according to their religious beliefs, labelling oneself as atheist is wrong, that they are silly? That's just saying that their beliefs are silly. I think that, out of respect of such possible beliefs, you should either change your name or change your viewpoint on this matter.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

OH MY GOD, I JOINED A PARTY WHICH MAY HAVE CONNOTATIONS TOWARDS ATHEISM IN THEIR NAME AS THEIR NAME IS BAoTW AND THE A JUST MAY STAND FOR ATHEISM!

As the party's official name is BAoTW, I could just say it stood for Baseball Accident of The Week.

Anyway Spoony BloB, don't you have your own thread to post in? Oh that's right, no-one wants to join

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

We chat in #eoff more often than we post. I've already had members join, don't worry. *pat*

don't you have your own thread to post in?
    Like you of all people would only post in your own thread.

Articles

Well, I WOULD post in yours, but I don't want to bump it seeing as it how it has approximately 0 activity.

Face it, the Newbie Party is dead, and you're just tacking #eoff onto it in some desperate attempt at snatching members.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    So you're saying that if someone does not join because, according to their religious beliefs, labelling oneself as atheist is wrong, that they are silly? That's just saying that their beliefs are silly.
    Not at all. We're simply saying that anyone who chooses our name alone as grounds not to join would be silly, especially when the name itself is meaningless.

As an analogy, suppose I decided not to support the RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) on the grounds that I am not Royalty, I would be extremely silly. The same applies here, as you need not be an atheist to join, and people of all religions (or non-religions) are equally welcomed. Even scientologists.

Besides, I think you're getting a bit worked up over the idea of silliness. Silly isn't a bad thing, and can even be construed as a sign of innocence. Tweety-Pie is silly, Sooty is silly, Gau is silly. In fact, every member of BAoTW is silly as well, and that's what distinguishes us from your garden-variety EoFFer. Yay for silliness.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Actually, The Newbie Party actually succeeded in it's primary goal, and therefore has changed it's primary goal to something else. It's only logical. Unlike W-Boats, who have had the same name and goal for quite some time and still seem to be using the same name with the same goal - obviously they haven't reached that goal yet. Someday, Psy, someday...

Articles

And interestingly enough, BAoTW got more votes than your Newbie Party last time...meaning more people agree with the policies that have been kept.

Begone, old-timer! Your empire has crumbled. This is our hour.

Our goals reach beyond picking up some milk from the store, BoBBykins.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

What the hell? I hardly ever buy milk. Although now I've got a hankering for some milk. Damn.

And interestingly enough, BAoTW got more votes than your Newbie Party last time...meaning more people agree with the policies that have been kept.

Begone, old-timer! Your empire has crumbled. This is our hour.
    Ah, you're just jealous because I personally whooped yo' butt.

Articles

Not this time, Danny.

Ok, I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but it seem's fun, and I have no idea what I have to do. I'll join anyways though

Articles

Oh Doomy...Oh Rusty!

All you have to do is have fun, Rusty

Articles

It's my thread and I'll double-post if I want to:

I call upon you all to fight against this evil! BAoTW is the only way we can win our freedom from this tyrant!

Any thoughts on this thing?