Thread: Casual or Commited?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Most people in relationships should be committed.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I'll Be Waiting.......... Dreamtiger42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    While Heidegger and I are not legally married (stupid laws....), we are married at heart, and have been 100% faithful to each other from the beginning.
    yea, me and blue_midget192 are like that constantly fighting lol, joking, we're all lovey dovey, we annoy people with it most of the time but we dont care

Quote Originally Posted by blue_midget192
    i agree completly, im proud to say that i'v never cheated, and have no plans to. [mush] I'm also proud to say that i have only ever had sex with one person, and that is because i love her with all my heart [/mush]
    I agree whole heartedly to this statement!

But what about sex before marriage? i was talking to a mate about it the other day and he's sickened by it, well, i am when its all casual and stuff but what if it's like us?

Is it ok to have sex before marriage if your really in love?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

People can't be bothered with commitment these days. Marriage springs to mind immediately. Why bother respecting morals and the sanctity of marriage when you can have dirty sex whenever you like without any consequences? At least that's what the youth of today want to believe.

These days, the general attitude of the world is: "I want this now, but if it doesn't work out, I want to be able to leave whenever I like". 'Tis a great shame.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

i agree completly, im proud to say that i'v never cheated, and have no plans to. [mush] I'm also proud to say that i have only ever had sex with one person, and that is because i love her with all my heart [/mush]
    I agree. Have never cheated, and have only been intimate with only one person. I don't believe in casual sex. If someone is having sex just to get their jollies, they might as well just masterbate. Sex, when done right, is more than just gettting off. It's the act of intimatly merging with the one you love, sharing everything with that person... body... mind... soul. Casual sex can be a dangerous thing, especially if the other one involved does not see it as casual sex. It can cause much heartache and hardship.

You say you want to hear the truth? I say that you are lying! You do not want the truth. Instead you want to hear a well crafted lie mixed with half truths that you find more appealing than the real truth.

The Legend of Mythus

I'll Be Waiting.......... Dreamtiger42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mythus
    Sex, when done right, is more than just gettting off. It's the act of intimatly merging with the one you love, sharing everything with that person... body... mind... soul. Casual sex can be a dangerous thing, especially if the other one involved does not see it as casual sex. It can cause much heartache and hardship.
    EXACTLY!!!! That is one of the things i never understood with causal sex people, sex is supposed to be a speical thing between two people who love each other, when they come together I just could do that and not trust/know who ever was taking my clothes off, its a nasty though

and a friend of mine had sex with another friend of mine, he thought it was casual but she thought it wasnt, poor dear

None of you have mentioned ambition as a reason for lack of lasting marriages? People don't want to get committed to marriages or long-term relationships because success these days doesn't focus around forming a stable family but around material achievement, and acquisition of fame and money. This doesn't just apply to men - women are much more empowered today and also share similar dreams of success and fame. That's why people are seeking simple short-term pleasure-based relationships. :rolleyes:

With all the diseases around, it doesn't seem like a good practical idea to have casual sex. Besides that, I agree with what's been said about it being important. I think a lot of pop culture today is trying to convince us that sex is just a physical activity and has no deeper meaning. Maybe it doesn't for some people, but I think it should, and it should be shared with the one person you love.