Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quina's Inconsistencies?

Quina's Inconsistencies?

Why are Quina's physical attacks so inconsistent? Sometime they are in four figures, then the next they will only be in double figures. Are there any reasons behind this phenomenon? Any help would be great.

i get that too... i think it may be because he's a blue mage. in my (limited) experience blue mages tended to be a bit of both if that makes sense... its annoying though!

Trust No one

i think they're supposed to be random, i had quina do more damage than zidane on gizmaluke on disk one but then s/he did like 30 damage on the next monster.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkFenix912
    i think they're supposed to be random, i had quina do more damage than zidane on gizmaluke on disk one but then s/he did like 30 damage on the next monster.
    wow, that makes sense, which is a first time for Quina
    Quote Originally Posted by My Mate Nats
    awww
    i love you matt
    you rock
    you always cheer me up
    you make me giggle
    oh...trout....i dont love you in that way

Has anyone found a correlation between the number of frogs/items/gems/Blue Magics/enemy's level/etc and the amount of damage Quina deals?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

As far as I can tell, Quina's fork deals a random amount of damage, factored by Quina's strength and power of fork. Man he's awesome.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

though the random attacks just lead even more up to quina her/him self. since since he/she is strange as it is they threw it in to make her even more strange

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Random physical damage irritates me. You can never depend on it. It may be factored by Strength, but in my experience it was programmed with Murphy's Law.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

yes it is random, but it always seems to be the higher damage when i need it the most. i agree with Del Murder. Quina is great!

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

"Has anyone found a correlation between the number of frogs/items/gems/Blue Magics/enemy's level/etc and the amount of damage Quina deals?"

There is none. Quina's Forks don't have the same minimum damage limits that other weapons do. If her base attack power is 11 that is the minimum s/he will do at any level with any strength. That doesn't make it completely random (s/he isn't capable of doing 9999 with a physical attack at Lv.1 for example), but it makes the range of damage wide enough to seem completely random.

Vivi's Comet and Meteor follow the same sort of formula.

i thought the frogs helped out a little bit...
    *sigh* ney mind

Trust No one

Nope. Frogs only count towards Frog Drop damage. Sorry :P

thats the one!! i was getting confused!! heehee

Trust No one

So there's no way to overcome this hinderance? That's a shame because her lack of consistency is what prevented me from using her later in the game. I've heard she can be a great asset to the team but I've never bothered with her as the Blue Magics I had accumulated early in the game seemed pointless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness
    So there's no way to overcome this hinderance? That's a shame because her lack of consistency is what prevented me from using her later in the game. I've heard she can be a great asset to the team but I've never bothered with her as the Blue Magics I had accumulated early in the game seemed pointless.
    Trust me... Quina can be THE most powerfull character in the game if you get Mighty Guard, Angels Snack, White Wind, Frog Drop, Auto Life and Limmit Globe. Quina is the best magic user in the game and can use both defensive and offensive spells. And unlike the other magic users, Quina have high HP + good attack strength and defense.