Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Kefka...

sephiroth: 'don't mess with my mama, i keel you!!'
    kefka: 'don't mess with me, i keel you!!'

i declare it a draw.

Actually, I think it would have been more like

"Don't mess with me or I'll beat you, strap you to a wall, and rape your entire family, as well as any pets, in front of you for weeks."

Sephiroth was a cruel bastard, but Kefka was just plain sadistic for the pure sake of sadism.
    Whore since '04. Selling my skills as an artist and writer.

http://www.freewebs.com/acalhoun/

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Kefka was evil, but also intelligent and insane. As I said before

(SPOILER)Kefka was the first of Cid's magitech-knight experiments, and the experiment was not yet perfected.

He also wasn't one of these villains who wanted to destroy all existence, which I feel is completely rediculous. Sephiroth wanted ultimate power at the sacrifice of the world, why? It made no sense, just because he couldn't handle the fact that he was a Jenova Clone.

Kefka wanted absolute power, and he got it, then he crafted his Magical Empire of Kefka, and ruled it with a stern fist, as a tyrant. He was a lot more evil than ole' sephy, Kefka made people hide in fear, and caused suffering. Sephy, he just wanted to kill everything all at once.

Kefka killed his leader that he was "loyal" to. All in a conquest for power.

Now don't get me wrong, Sephy is one bad-ass guy, and one of my favorite villains, but nothing like Kefka. The only good comparison is Luca Blight.

sephiroth wasn't original...

Kefka was an experiment, so was sephiroth...

Kefka succeded in his goal of ruling and reshaping the planet for awhile, Sephiroth... was a cry baby, what my mommy? I WANT MY MOMMY!!!

sephiroth was badass at somtimes, but Kefka is just awesome...

THE JACKEL

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9
    sephiroth wasn't original...

Kefka was an experiment, so was sephiroth...

Kefka succeded in his goal of ruling and reshaping the planet for awhile, Sephiroth... was a cry baby, what my mommy? I WANT MY MOMMY!!!

sephiroth was badass at somtimes, but Kefka is just awesome...

THE JACKEL
    i agree Sephiroth may have been a "Badass" but he was still a little prick who wanted his mama *sucks thumb*
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Soylent green is people! Wiegrahf42's Avatar

Kefka was the first FF villain with truly memorable personality. Golbez and Zeromus were cool and all, but they were pretty much your normal cookie-cutter "I will take over the world becuase I am evil for no good reason" villains. Also Dancing Mad was awesome. Need we say more?
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War room"

I haven't played that far in the game yet, but so far I think he's just kind of annoying. You never finished fight with him; he always ends up running away. ^_^;;

I haven't played that far in the game yet, but so far I think he's just kind of annoying. You never finished fight with him; he always ends up running away. ^_^;;
    He doesn't need to fight you then, he's just that ace!

Anyhow, play more into the game. You'll get a good feel for him. Even if he does irritate the everliving hell out of you, then at least he is doing his job, and he is doing it well.

You say you want to hear the truth? I say that you are lying! You do not want the truth. Instead you want to hear a well crafted lie mixed with half truths that you find more appealing than the real truth.

The Legend of Mythus

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    hopefully this still works.

http://shoyku.homestead.com/files/kefka.wav

Kefka ranks amongst my top three favourite villains of all time, the other two being Luca Blight of Suikoden II and Roger Bacon of Shadow Hearts. Without Kefka or Ultros, FFVI wouldn't have been half the game it was.
    Thank you for that!

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Kefka was an insane villian. Sephiroth was doing what he thought was right. He didn't know that he was being evil. He considered everyone else to be evil, and he was just doing what was right. Zeromus was just a big beast, probably incapable of thinking at all.

But Kefka was a genuine asshole.

Cool.

Feion
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

i dont ever plan on playing final fantasy 6 so could someone mail me the story spoilers and all, im getting confused by this whole " he destroyed the wolrd" thing.
    cheers guys!

Kefka is one of the better lines with lines most actors would kill for, and is funny. One of the few villains who deserves the title "Villain". He rocks my world.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

HA! CHA! CHA! *Dances* Poopcannon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anima977
    i dont ever plan on playing final fantasy 6 so could someone mail me the story spoilers and all, im getting confused by this whole " he destroyed the wolrd" thing.
    cheers guys!
    Check out this link, but only if you want to ruin the story on yourself. If you think it's too long to read, I'll write up an extremely short version (cutting out side stories, including only major events in the game) yor you.

Enjoy...

The Flying Spaghetti Monster loves you too

From the ugly annoying clown to God of Destruction....

Kefka is perhaps one example of true villain, being so nasty and whatever inside his mind is hard to comprehend, he considers his evil deeds as a must, natural, and just a game as well.

Using Terra's power to burn out his own 50 soldiers for experiment..... throw Shiva and Ifrit after sucking their power down to the dump like junk.

Default Who's your Kefka?

All the hype about Sephiroth is kinda of boring anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love the Seph-man a whole bunch, but Kefka is so much more...

At the pinnacle of Kefka's "career" he ruled an entire planet that he shredded a year previous, frying entire towns with his Light of Judgement. "He's like some kind of god," is a description by a townsperson, I believe.

At the pinnacle of Sephiroth's "career" he...summoned a giant meteor to flatten Midgar then got his ass kicked by a spikey-haired amnesiac.

"AHEM! There's sand on my boots!"
    --Kefka in the desert surrounding Figaro Castle
    "We already went over this, man. In this business you hafta expect innocent losses. It's a part of war."
    "Don't treat this like it's some trivial matter!!"