Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Kefka...

lol Why do they make him look like some type of jester tho? or is that me just seeing things? :P
    I'll figure it out later...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman
    Kefka is the greatest villian to grace the final fantasy series. Yes, he was the only succesful destroyer of the earth, yes, he slaughtered people for no reason whatsoever, and yes, he still manages to keep a funny tone to him. He's the evil clown that we all love!
    You've pretty much hit the spot.

Plus, I think Kefka would make people even MORE afraid of clowns.

But kefka is not a clown, he's a jester. Calling him a clown is an insult. Does Kefka have a rainbow-afro with a red round nose, baggy hoola-hoop pants and funny looking shoes?

I HATE CLOWNS, but jesters are alright.

EDIT: Jesters are awesome.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Kefka rocks. I'd say he's definitely my favorite villian in the series, and one of the coolest villians in a game, ever.

Don't you think that Kefka might have brainwashed or manipulated Emperor Gestahl, I mean it seemed like Kefka was behind all the evilness. And that Gestahl didn't really know what they were doing.
    I'll figure it out later...

No Gestahl knew what HE was doing he was just I guess so totally blinded in his search for power that he developed a blind spot for what was going on around him. Kefka knew more about magicite than Gestahl did and also I believe he was aware of the statues powers because if not he never would have allowed Gestahl to gain powers such as Merton and the like. This leads me to believe that Gestahl in fact had NO IDEA how powerful and knowledgable Kefka had become about Espers and the Statues.
    Noone can clearly see what I truly am nor can they see what I am not. In this I am the greatest of mysteries and noone has yet been able to solve it. If you see me you haven't seen me. If you don't see me then you might have just seen me. And in the end you are all left to wonder if I actually existed at all or if i was simply a trick played upon your feeble minds.

damn bastard, a good villian, easy to hate. probably hated him to most out of all the final fantasy villians,

Not trying to make any enemies here!!!, but in my opinion I felt that was the one thing that FF6 lacked... a really good villian. I wasn't too impressed with that cheesy get-up he sported, though I do have to admit that his utter ruthlessness was almost enough to make up for it... ALMOST! With such a great variety of formidable heroes up against him, I'd much rather have seen a more intimidating looking/ acting character, and not one who is always busy laughing.... maybe a Dark Knight, or someone a bit more like Sephiroth...

Sephiroth was a pussy on steroids. That's it. A whiny little kid that didn't like what some people were doing so he wanted to ruin everything. Kefka had a plan, and he went about it well. Sephiroth just wanted to destroy stuff, at least with Kefka it was just a means to an end.

No doubt, Kefka was a better planner. I just think that his personality and look are more fulfilling to the ideal of a truly bad-arse villain. The infamous scene of him walking through the flames sums it all up for me, tied in once again with great music. The way he carries himself, never backs down from anyone or anything, his outfit...he's just a bad bad man, he exudes that....Kefka does not. That's all I'm saying. And again, just my opinion.

I mean, Sephiroth kills Aeris, one of the more beloved characters in any of the Square games, and it's actually hard to hate him after it. Sure you get incredibly upset at her end, certainly feel sad, and if you're like me you'll even shed a tear or two (or empty a box a Kleenex!!! ). But by the time the last duel comes up and you see the scene with Sephiroth's intimidating glare, standing there like a rock, his body "saying" bring it on as Cloud spirals towards him, you're left with an adrenaline rush and thinking, man, this guy is one bad mo-fo. Most FFers I know would debate you for hours over who's the greatest hero in the series, but ask them who the most fearsome bad guy is, there's very little disent in opinion once Sephiroth's name is mentioned. He's just one of those characters who's so bad you almost have to like him for it.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kefka didn't look too dangerous in the beginning. He looked just like a common madman. I didn't expect him to be the final enemy, I thought that would be Emperor Gesthal. Kefka was a surprise - not a total one, but a surprise nonetheless. He looked harmless in the beginnig. That's why he looks so great as a supervillain afterwards.

I thought about this post all day at work trying to formulate an arguement about the whole 'kefka is the best ff villain' idea and I couldn't come up with anything...

Kefka is in fact the BEST final fantasy villain...

Sephiroth lost some points because he is too easy... guy who wears black with steel gray hair and a big katana... nothing to original there... HOWEVER... Sephiroth stabbed Aeris through the back... That is pretty friggin evil...

Seifer Almasy deserves some credit as well... FFVIII was an incredible game... better than XI and VII... Remember this game had a mini-game that had Seifer torturing Squall... very cool... plus the whole 'chicken-wuss' thing...

Some people have been bashing Golbez in this thread... He was a great villian even though he turned out to be a puppet... Kain as well... his constant switching of sides in FFIV never failed to suprise me when I was originally playing that game...

as for Kuja... well... he was definately a mean guy... but kinda hard to take him seriously cause... well... err... lets just say that Brahne wasn't the only queen in FFIX...

What makes Kefka the ultimate villian is that unlike most other FF villians he is NOT a puppet... there is no Zemus or Ultimaciea or anything behind him... Kefka is the end all be all...

Final Fantasy 3 (as we in the US knew this game) is my favorite game of all time. At the time of its US release for the SNES NOTHING compared and even though the final fantasy games that followed were exponentially superior as far as graphics and gameplay was concerned the storytelling of FFVI was never surpased and I have always been left wanting with the release of new final fantasy titles (am I the only one who thinks FFX stunk?)

:mog: :mog:

Kefka is stupid the only good thing about him is that his strong, other than that he is a stupid crazy idiot

Kefka rules but I would admit that it would be a close fight if the two of them faught it out.
    The secret to a perfect life: (SPOILER)Play every FF game ever made!

I to give it up for the clown prince of darkness, he destroyed the world and become a godlike being...
    Garland was okay
    Emporor Paramecia is just a loony
    Zeromous was freeky looking but cool
    X-death was also the same
    Seph was okay
    Seifer was alright
    Kuja was also okay in my book
    Seymor... gah!

but Kefka= teh evil!