Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Rinoa-Ultimecia theory.

Well, if she did become Ultimecia, we can assume that she had junctioned GF for a lot longer, which could explain total memory loss... Although why she did is another mystery, since after they learned about the memory loss thing the only reason they kept the GF junctioned was because they needed the GF's power to defeat the Sorceress, so why would they keep them junctioned once they've won..?

Sorry, those last two weren't here when I first replied. Gimme a sec, and I'll edit this to respond to them.

Ok, so when Ultimecia possessed Edea, you are claiming that they were still fighting Edea, not Ultimecia, since it's Edea's body? I'm sorry, but I believe that the mind is the crux of a person's individuality. The minds of Rinoa and Ultimecia are those of two different people, even if they came to exist in the same body.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 02-14-2005 at 10:29 PM.

Non Omnis Moriar Shockwave Pulsar's Avatar

I don't think the end of ultimecia means the complete destruction of all evil in the world. she's just another threat, ruby dragons and malboros will still exist even if she's dead.
    "In Nomine Patris Et Filli Et Spiritu Sancti, Amen.
    Ave Maria Gratia Plena Dominus Tecum Benedicta Tu In Mulieribus, Et Benedictus Fructus Ventris Tui Iesu.
    Sancta Maria Mater Dei Ora Pro Nobis Pecatoribus Nunc Et In Hora Mortis Nostrae, Amen."

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave Pulsar
    I don't think the end of ultimecia means the complete destruction of all evil in the world. she's just another threat, ruby dragons and malboros will still exist even if she's dead.
    Good point, but why would they go out and fight them, when they can stay nice and safe in the cities/Gardens?

The Garden sends out SeeDs as hired mercenaries. They do whatever they are told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

Quote Originally Posted by §håd0w
    The Garden sends out SeeDs as hired mercenaries. They do whatever they are told.
    Rinoa's not a SeeD... Anyway, getting back to the matter at hand, I edited my post to include my response to the previous posts (the ones it looked like I ignored, but really didn't reply to because they weren't there when I first started writing my reply).

I never said she was a SeeD. But I can't find anything else to keep this topic alive. If you can, feel free to post on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Ok, so when Ultimecia possessed Edea, you are claiming that they were still fighting Edea, not Ultimecia, since it's Edea's body? I'm sorry, but I believe that the mind is the crux of a person's individuality. The minds of Rinoa and Ultimecia are those of two different people, even if they came to exist in the same body.
    I'd appreciate it if you would at least respond to this...

Alrighty, lemme give this a shot.

At the time being, they were fighting Edea and not Ultimecia. Since originally, they didn't know of Ultimecia. While the mind does determine a lot of what a person is, if they were the same, you can't deny they are the same in person. Or something like that. Does that make any sense, or should I try again?

I'd appreciate a bit of clarification on that. I'm afraid I couldn't make much sense out of it (probably due to my limited intellect, not a fault in your statement).

(Need this for reclarification purposes)

Heh, it's all good. How can I say this...

When they were fighting Edea, they thought she was the Sorceress that SeeD was meant to fight; not Ultimecia So in a sense, they were fighting Edea, and not Ultimecia, since they didn't know anything about Ultimecia at the time being. Though really, it was more of them fighting Ultimecia's conscious in Edea's body.

This is a bit hard to support since my opinion constantly changes. Rinoa and Ultimecia do have different minds so it seems; so it is possible to argue with that that they are not the same. But you can also argue that they were the same in birth and her conscious has just changed. It's a tough theory to proove or to disproove. Hopefully this made some sense, I actually had to think it over, heh

Quote Originally Posted by §håd0w
    (Need this for reclarification purposes)

Heh, it's all good. How can I say this...

When they were fighting Edea, they thought she was the Sorceress that SeeD was meant to fight; not Ultimecia So in a sense, they were fighting Edea, and not Ultimecia, since they didn't know anything about Ultimecia at the time being. Though really, it was more of them fighting Ultimecia's conscious in Edea's body.

This is a bit hard to support since my opinion constantly changes. Rinoa and Ultimecia do have different minds so it seems; so it is possible to argue with that that they are not the same. But you can also argue that they were the same in birth and her conscious has just changed. It's a tough theory to proove or to disproove. Hopefully this made some sense, I actually had to think it over, heh
    (It did make sense, thank you)

*Shrug* It's no harder/easier to prove/disprove than any other view of the R=U dilemma.

I just threw it out here to get some different views on an old arguement.

Oh yeah, it's always interesting to see how view can differ.

I have to admit it does seem strange that Ults Summon is called Griever....A Beast Summoned by the sadness of a loved one's death...you need to ask who she's Grieving over. But it's still far fetched to me & with too little evidence to turn me completely, but I have to say my eyes are wider than they were before.

I believe in it, cuz I can

Well, this thread has been beaten to death.

Um, no, Ultimecia and Rinoa are not the same people. There. The whole point was that Ultimecia was posessing people from the current time in order to take over the world or whatever, i.e. Edea and Rinoa.

Edea is Edea, Rinoa is Rinoa, and Ultimecia is Ultimecia. Period.

(wonders where you were for half the story)
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3