Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Elections - Used to Manipulate

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Default EoFF Elections - Used to Manipulate

Once again, the EoFF Community is hosting their 2005 elections. What does it all mean?! With party's such as #eoff, and Fabio, it's no wonder why EoFF holds these things, they are notoriously popular.

But the truth is, it is a way to manipulate the world (IE: The EoFF community) that the way of democracy is the moral right... If you look at the subtext, that is, the underlying meaning of the event, one quickly realizes that EoFF supports a democracy that is run by a small, tightly-knit web of administrator and moderators, and that the winners of the elections are given no power! I tell you, It's worse than Iraq!

EoFF doesn't establish a puppet government, oh no. As a member of this bored and a democratic country, looking at this from an objectional standpoint of bias, I can honestly say that I have no training in the knowledge of my claims, but that doesn't make them false!

While the masses of the community campaign in sigs, and small tags at the ends of posts, we, the un-accounted for members who act as swing votes are key. Many members have already made up their minds, and now time will only tell..

More on this story at another time.

----

Comments? Please leave all comments below, as ways to express yourself to the editor. Please be aware that these claims, while humorous and absolutely rediculous are completely unfounded, and have no basis for accusation.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

And now for something completely different.

*foot*
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Well, if we elected staff, it could lead to unsuitable people being picked for positions! But not me. I'd be the greatest damn CK there ever was. (On Eyes off FF I merged two threads TWICE! That's how good at moderating I am! )

Besides, I somewhat doubt the elections are going to be voted on out of which party has the best ideas. For example, let's take certain members who have been expressing anti-BAoTW feelings for no good reason! They are going to vote against BAoTW because they don't like individual members, or perhaps jealousy, although we've put in a lot more effort than other parties with a huge variety of sigs and banners and the like made, plus we're also having a good time which upsets them because only they're allowed to have good times and no-one else is.

You know who you are...

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Didn't last time, BoB awarded the winners real forums on another site or something?
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    although we've put in a lot more effort than other parties with a huge variety of sigs and banners and the like made
    This just further goes to show that Psychotic's party spends too much time on advertising and not enough time on improving the forums. He is all about improving things for his party, oh yes, but not for the general public. I was one of the founders of the Ciddies Committee, I ran the banner competition which Leeza won, I have put up chat stats, I was one of the chief members involved in setting up vB3 so that it was suitable for EoFF, I have organised Senior Site Staff and Site Staff, I have come up with both the EoFF LJ innovation and also the idea of changing the frontsite news program and also the FanArt section. Indeed, the leading man in both of these projects is now Samuraid, who also is a part of the #eoff party. Flying Mullet has been chief coder for EoFF and Chickencha has been an op in #eoff for heaven knows how long. We are the people who have been responsible for innovations and developments and we are the ones who have put the hard work into EoFF and #eoff for years upon years. What have YOU done, Psy? Advertising your own political party. Put your time into helping EoFF instead of promoting yourself. It's also notable that Baloki, whilst in the Newbie Party last year, really shone and fast became my ideal person for HTML help, and I've gone to him many a time since - further showing that we don't just help newbies, but we give them opportunities. To thrive in EoFF, to help make EoFF a better place!

My party has proven itself, it is full of people who have gone the extra mile for EoFF and also those who will make EoFF's future a better place. #eoff party is here to stay.

Spending all your time on advertising... tut tut tut.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Advertising? Haha no, we just want to have fun. Making banners is fun! Try it sometime, Mr.-I-stick-with-the-same-sig. You just might enjoy it. We sure have, and many others appear to have enjoyed our images, hence why they have joined, as we seem like a fun party.

Oh, and:

I have organised Senior Site Staff and Site Staff
    Which has now collapsed because none of them care anymore!

I have come up with both the EoFF LJ innovation and also the idea of changing the frontsite news program
    And when was the last time there was an EoFF LJ update?

and also the FanArt section.
    Last updated, 2000.

You come up with all these schemes, and forget about them. Like Eizon. Like Eyes off FF. Like the whole newb mentoring scheme you had. Like the EoFF Book.

But me? I stick with what I do throughout. Maybe you should spend some more time finishing projects that you start.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Well, if we elected staff, it could lead to unsuitable people being picked for positions! But not me. I'd be the greatest damn CK there ever was. (On Eyes off FF I merged two threads TWICE! That's how good at moderating I am! )

Besides, I somewhat doubt the elections are going to be voted on out of which party has the best ideas. For example, let's take certain members who have been expressing anti-BAoTW feelings for no good reason! They are going to vote against BAoTW because they don't like individual members, or perhaps jealousy, although we've put in a lot more effort than other parties with a huge variety of sigs and banners and the like made, plus we're also having a good time which upsets them because only they're allowed to have good times and no-one else is.

You know who you are...
    Yeah. I mean, these are solely for good times, and people who are angry/sad about that are missing the whole point to the elections to begin with.

This just further goes to show that Psychotic's party spends too much time on advertising and not enough time on improving the forums. He is all about improving things for his party, oh yes, but not for the general public. I was one of the founders of the Ciddies Committee, I ran the banner competition which Leeza won, I have put up chat stats, I was one of the chief members involved in setting up vB3 so that it was suitable for EoFF, I have organised Senior Site Staff and Site Staff, I have come up with both the EoFF LJ innovation and also the idea of changing the frontsite news program and also the FanArt section. Indeed, the leading man in both of these projects is now Samuraid, who also is a part of the #eoff party. Flying Mullet has been chief coder for EoFF and Chickencha has been an op in #eoff for heaven knows how long. We are the people who have been responsible for innovations and developments and we are the ones who have put the hard work into EoFF and #eoff for years upon years. What have YOU done, Psy? Advertising your own political party. Put your time into helping EoFF instead of promoting yourself. It's also notable that Baloki, whilst in the Newbie Party last year, really shone and fast became my ideal person for HTML help, and I've gone to him many a time since - further showing that we don't just help newbies, but we give them opportunities. To thrive in EoFF, to help make EoFF a better place!
    Quick question, BoB. Can you honestly say that any of those things were at all linked to your previous election win? This isn't meant to lower your reputation in any way. It's because of your good nature that you did all those things in the first place. However, I don't believe for a second that you wouldn't have done so if the elections hadn't existed.

The EoFF elections are a bit of fun, and that's what BAoTW is interested in. If advertising and self-promotion are what people like, then they can join any old party and make banners etc. However, a lot of people choose to join BAoTW because they enjoy posting in the thread, and they like the compny of their fellow party members. That's what I joined for anyway, and if my favourite members had decided to abandon BAoTW and join another party, I'd stick with them. Yes, even if they'd joined #eoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    Yeah. I mean, these are solely for good times, and people who are angry/sad about that are missing the whole point to the elections to begin with.
    How dare you sum up my entire post in two lines! A pox on thee!
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I have organised Senior Site Staff and Site Staff
    Which has now collapsed because none of them care anymore!
    Nope, it's still going strong, actually. Recent new additions have proved invaluable. We've almost set up a completely new FanArt section. =o Like, way better than it is now. YOU just don't keep up with things that involve WORK. The shame...

I have come up with both the EoFF LJ innovation and also the idea of changing the frontsite news program
    And when was the last time there was an EoFF LJ update?
    Ah, but we're also correcting that problem, too! We have, in the works, a completely new News system that will include RSS (as will the new FanArt section), meaning it will update the LJ automatically.

and also the FanArt section.
    Last updated, 2000.
    ...er, like I said, "the idea of changing [...] the FanArt section". It's still being perfected, but if you ask anyone in Site Staff, it'll be a huge improvement. We may well turn out to be the premier site when it comes to FF FanArt.

You come up with all these schemes, and forget about them. Like Eizon. Like Eyes off FF. Like the whole newb mentoring scheme you had. Like the EoFF Book.

But me? I stick with what I do throughout. Maybe you should spend some more time finishing projects that you start.
    Yeah, and from what you just posted, I'm guessing that's nothing more than making up your political party. I've done that multiple times and then I've done more. You don't count your failures, you count your successes, and I for one don't count my successes on one hand.

Don't take me on in that regard, Psy. You're out of your league. Do more for EoFF over the next year and I'd love to take you on when you're relying on more than just your popularity.

EDIT: And, uh, yeah, I'm just having my fun back? xD You guys shouldn't take ME too seriously either. I'm just playing politician here, after all. =]

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*Ahem* I, for one, haven't done shiet for EoFF and even when I was a mod I didn't do anything. Vote pink!!

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

wrowl! why arent there any cat smileys?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo
    *Ahem* I, for one, haven't done shiet for EoFF and even when I was a mod I didn't do anything. Vote pink!!
    I have nothing to retaliate to this with.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by amratis
    wrowl! why arent there any cat smileys?
    The pink party endorses smileys, including cat smileys!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawb
    I have nothing to retaliate to this with.
    Well I did do that fanfiction section for Britt's new version site thing once upon a time...xD But I don't think it ever went up. Pity.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Nope, it's still going strong, actually. Recent new additions have proved invaluable. We've almost set up a completely new FanArt section. =o Like, way better than it is now. YOU just don't keep up with things that involve WORK. The shame...
    Were you all not assigned to transfer the old layout pages to the new one quite a while ago? I just went on the front site, and looked at several pages, and the only one that seemed to be brown was the front one. And haha, don't say I don't keep up with things that involve WORK. That's an extremely ignorant thing to say and you know it. As for the other things, I haven't seen them so I cannot pass comment, but it sounds just like an EA press release to me. :rolleyes2

Don't take me on in that regard, Psy. You're out of your league. Do more for EoFF over the next year and I'd love to take you on when you're relying on more than just your popularity.
    I'm not taking you on over things done for the site. This isn't an "OMG ELECT PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THINGS DONE FOR THE SITE!!!!!!1111"!" election, unless I'm very much mistaken, and stop treating it as such. This is a "Who wants to give people a good time (Not in that way ) and come up with a good idea for a party?" election. And from the amount of pages in our thread, it's clear that our members are having a good time posting in it, or they wouldn't do it. And again, it's obvious that we have a good idea for a party or people wouldn't keep joining it! As I have stated previously, I genuinely believe that the #eoff Party is just the BoB Party with #eoff tacked onto it to gain more support, as you know otherwise you'd get hammered.

Popularity? Haha! Coming from Mr.-I-have-endless-support-from-oldbies, a tad hypocritical. Funny how most of the newer members are in BAoTW, and not your "newbie" ...or should that be, OLDBIE party.

PS: Lightbulbs.

EDIT: And, uh, yeah, I'm just having my fun back? xD You guys shouldn't take ME too seriously either. I'm just playing politician here, after all. =]
    So many layers of deceit...I didn't think anybody was taking anybody seriously. If they are, that makes me sad.

P.S. I find your policy on immigration laughable.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.