View Poll Results: Spirits Within: Flopped or Not?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Movie

23 30.67%
  • So-So

27 36.00%
  • Flopped!

25 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spirits Within: Flop or Great

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    why do ppl thin aki ross was a hot babe? she didnt look any dif than any other strong ff female chars eg Tifa Rinoa Yuna ( Aeris Yuffie Quistis Selphie Garnet Beatrix and Rikku werent truely strong or main chars)
    Probably the same reason they think any other ff female character is a hot babe, including those you mentioned.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    From a visual standpoint, it was incredible. The rest of it seemed to kinda suck though. I realized that after about the fourth or fifth time I saw it.
    Same case here...After I got over all the uber-spiffy CGIness, there just wasn't much left to drool at.

I thought the movie was good. There were several places I found myself laughing at the characters. I even used a part of the movie as an instructional/motivational briefing with my JROTC. I just wish it could have been longer and more in depth but I said it was great. I even bought the Video Tape just as a collectors piece.
    Meine Loffel ist zu gross.

great movie.. I liked it and thats all that counts (not really but it sounds good)

I thought it was good, but I think CGing at least ONE chocobo would've gotten a few more bucks for square. It also could've used a mog, and maybe some magic... or a summon or two.

Wait, I take back my initial comment; the movie sucked.

I thought it was awsome.....i mean it was more "just" a movie....as for final fantasy standards i guess it really didnt come up handy but i thought it had everything to be a good movie...romance, insane villan, decent story,awsome badguys (phantom that is) and of course probably one of the kewlest "death" scene ideas ever...but i can UNDERSTAND why you wouldnt like the move but personally for me being the final fantasy fan that i am i definatly put it on my top 10 fav. movies loved the ending.... that in itsself saved the movie for me....great music...and im a romance freak so they pulled that off very nicely but any hoot...i thought it was cool...very kewl in fact (GO MINORITY!!!)

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

as to quote from some gaming magazine that I don't remember, it goes something like this: "No people in the movie, no people in the theater"
    It was a flop. Wish I could remember the magazine. Probably somewhere in the millions of piles of them in the basement.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i liked the story and the characters more than the visuals

honestly if you think the cat in the hat was more interesting then you might have low expectations plot wise

The bonus commentary on the DVD is hilarious though! Were those guys drunk or something?
    I can imagine it perfectly. The creators realise how screwed the movie is and attempt to drink there troubles away.
    honestly if you think the cat in the hat was more interesting then you might have low expectations plot wise
    I think you read my post wrong.

I really love FF spirits within, the movie wasnt so much an ff game in movie form but kind of like an explanation, or guide to the beliefs intertwined into many of the FF games, it was like an extension.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Sometimes I pretend to be whoever came up with this movie. I get in a pickup truck, pick up a hooker and let her do her business, then drive out to a remote location, put a loaded gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.

I didnt like it. It had nothing to do with Final Fantasy, even Cid was changed to Sid. The story itself was only average, and I didnt find the characters interesting. The vilian also sucked, imho. But I have to admit that the graphics were awesome, Square did a realy good job on them.

Well, I only watched it once, and don't remeber much about it, but the only real part I remeber is the ending, and I hated the ending. The rest of it was ok, was the greatest movie, wasn't the worst. The worst movie for me a Cabin Fever, now THAT sucked... the only movie I remeber ever walking out on, Final Fantasy wasn't nearly as bad, so I give it a so-so, I did enjoy it, till about half-way through.

From a Hollywood standpoint, the movie was a flop, which was unfortunate. From a personal standpoint, I enjoyed the movie enough to buy the DVD.

Some say that it wasn't true "Final Fantasy" but it did follow the same thematic elements. True, it was more sci-fi than fantasy, but it still didn't detract from the overall theme. Graphics, too were quite stunning, and the voice-cast was superb.
    Jason

I thought this was a great movie although it lacked something, not sure what, maybe the storyline.. I dont know.. A good movie overall.