View Poll Results: Spirits Within: Flopped or Not?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Movie

23 30.67%
  • So-So

27 36.00%
  • Flopped!

25 33.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spirits Within: Flop or Great

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

This was a terrible movie. Bad character development and bad characters. Rushed story. Lots of other problems. It did terrible at the box office and screwed square for good. It might have been good or at least redeemable if they had added another 45 minutes to the movie and actually developed everything.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It's an undeniable fact that the movie was a flop. You could still say you loved it, and thought it was great, but it DID flop. I can't say I really enjoyed the film, although I didn't think it was horrible. Just a bit dull and disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rase
    It was what you get trying to cram a videogame series, with games that almost all take at least 20+ hours to complete, and cram it into 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Ain't gonna happen.

Flop.
    I agree. And it flopped.

I still think it is a great movie though, and voted as such. They used lots of mythology and symbolism to make up for the short time they had to show the story in. Unfortunally not many people got it, so it flopped.

Ofcourse there are bound to people who understood the symbolism and still didn't like the movie.
    I liked it fine though..
    忘れないように。。。

Question: if the movie had been a game would anyone have played it?

The movie was a genuine attempt to make something good, but it didn't have a large enough timeframe. That's what made Koudelka so damned disappointing.

Airship Engineer Hikaro Takayama's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Laura Beinbrech (Faerie)

Yeah, If it would have been an actual Final Fantasy GAME (i.e. plenty of time for charachter development and in depth story) rather than a rather rushed 1.5 hour movie, then I'd have enjoyed it more. The CG was still good. I don't think it should have been called Final Fantasy since (a) it takes place on Earth, (b) there wasn't one single Chocobo, and (c) no Moogles, crystals or summoned creatures either. Even though they Ripped the main character and villian from VIII and stole the Sister Ray from Midgar and put it in orbit, it still wasn't the worst movie I've seen.

This movie was HORRIBLE i cant believe how bad it is. it is a disgrace to the final fantasy games. The only reason probably half of us here liked it is because we play final fantasy. it was OK, but if none of us played final fantasy, think of how bad it would be compared to the other movies... see what i mean, i mean if you dont play FF then there is no reason to even try watching it. it was overall a bad movie and i really didnt like it.