Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was the last movie you saw

Last film I actually saw in a theatre was House of Flying Daggers, very good, very sad though. Last film I watched not in a theatre? I stuck on Last of the Mohicans a couple of days ago, I like that film.

Last movie I saw was From Hell: The Jack The Ripper Story when it was on TV last Sunday evening.
    Kind of unsettling movie. I liked it though, but I'm never watching it late at night again. Johnny Depp looked lovely.
    So let me come to you..
    Close as I, want to be..
    ..Close enough for me..

Million Dollar Baby

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dogville.

It's one of the few movies that I can't form a definite opinion about. Certain things about the movie absolutely infuriate me. It's pretentious, unnecessarily long, and so vehemently anti-American that it got to the point where I wanted to scream at the screen, "god dammit, I GET IT!"

I like to believe in the best in people. This movie certainly doesn't share that view.

But then you have the incredible performances by Nicole Kidman and Paul Bettany. I couldn't take my eyes off Kidman in this movie. She was even better than in The Hours and that kind of performance is hard to top. The narrator was also superb. And I adored the style of the movie, I mean talk about taking chances. There was barely any set, but it worked so flawlessly. I also loved the ending. It was crazy

I think it's best summarized as "a masterpiece that is nearly unwatchable."