Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Random Facts

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Octopuses has a donut shaped brain, and their tummy goes through the hole in the middle, so they can get mentally retarded if they eat too much.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    That must be where Queen Serenity lives.
    Nope, in the manga it says she lives on the moon, in the Mare Serentas, The Sea of Serenity...Go figure?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan
    Nope, in the manga it says she lives on the moon, in the Mare Serentas, The Sea of Serenity...Go figure?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Tornados spin counter-clockwise.

A person is as hairy as a gorilla, but the hairs are thinner.

Internet Explorer Sucks and Mozilla Firefox is superior.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquallandZidane
    Internet Explorer Sucks and Mozilla Firefox is superior.
    You've got that one reversed, my friend.
    I like Kung-Fu.

And to add to my posts it eventually and quickly grows back.

Mark Twain was born on the day Hailey's comet was in view. He died on the day it came in view.

Shrimps' hearts are in their heads.

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

The longest place-name still in use is
    Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakita

The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford
    English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

If you toss a penny 10000 times, it will not be heads 5000 times, but
    more like 4950. The heads picture weighs more, so it ends up on the bottom.

In most advertisments, including newspapers, the time displayed on a
    watch is 10:10.

I know lots of usless information.
    All life begins with a Nu and ends with a Nu.

My hometown, Fresno, California, is the largest city in the United States that does not have an interstate highway running through it.

Indianapolis, Indiana, is the largest city in the United States that doesn't lie next to any body of water (lake, river, ocean, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    You've got that one reversed, my friend.
    Blasphemy!
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

33%+ of America is Gay

the longest word known to the English Language (non scientific) is Antidististablishmentariumism

Female Rabbits are more violent than males

the ugliest Creature known to man is [spoilers] Michael Jackson (nothing matches his ugliness dont take any offence or be shot) [/spoilers]

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

If barbie was a real person she couldn't stand upright. her boobs ar too big, her back is too strait, and her feet are too small to support her weight. so she would tip forward every time she tried to stand strait and her enkles would snap from the pressure of her weight!

Stand facing a wall, and bend at the waist until your forehead touches the wall. now grab something heavy with both hands and attempt to stand back up. Men can't do it, women can, because their center of gravity is at the waist, and a mens is in the chest! This is so that women can become pregnant without ruining their back, the baby is at center of gravity!

If you play "another one bites the dust" backwards it say "it's fun to smoke marijuana" over and over.

If you feed alkaseltzer to a bird, it explodes. the stomach can't contain the pressure.

Coca Cola concentrate, when being transported in the tankers, has to have the highest class of toxic chemical warning stamped on it.

On average, you are never more than three feet away from a spider.

According to the USDA, every bottle of ketchup is permitted to have 8 insect legs inside of it without being declared in-edible. Texas pete is allowed a half cockroach (these both are chopped up and liquified, so you won't actually FIND a leg or roach in your sauce. but you'll be eating it ANYWAY! mwuha!)

If santa claus existed, assuming that he only visits christian homes, and only half of those children are on the nice list, and also that he travels at a speed that would allow him to visit every home, with two children per home and a fraction of a second per stop to land, drop presents, and get back in the sleigh, he would burst into flames in less than a quarter of a second from friction due to air and be completely cremated in less than a second. merry christmas!

Glass is, in fact, considered to be a liquid. It is the most viscous liquid in the world.

if you add up all the numbers on a roulette wheel youll get 666.

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bardock
    if you add up all the numbers on a roulette wheel youll get 666.
    If you play Russian roulette, add up the serial digits of the bullet, and divide by 13, you get 666.

Quote Originally Posted by SocietyzAntidote
    On average, you are never more than three feet away from a spider.
    *looks around*

Dogs sweat through their feet only.

Dogs have both a summer and winter coat. They don't simply grow extra fur and then dump it again after winter. They actually produce two seperate coats for summer and winter, which is why they shed so darn much.

"Dog breath" is not normal--it is bacteria causing the odor. Take your dog to the vet to get his teeth brushed.

"Star" spelled backwards is "rats".

Lightning can, in fact, strike the same place multiple times.

The ancient Egyptians, when calculating the sides of the base of a pyramid, were inaccurate by only a fraction of an inch, despite having no tape measures.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

China has more English speakers than the United States.

A railroad tanker car carrying propane traveled over 3,000 feet when it exploded during a train wreck in Illinois, sheering off a steel tower in it's path. It's the longest flight on record for a propane explosion.

The Mint once considered producing doughnut-shaped coins.

Chewing gum while cutting onions will prevent crying

The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1.

Sharks apparently are the only animals that never get sick. As far as is known, they are immune to every known disease including cancer.

The fastest bird is the Spine-tailed swift, clocked at speeds of up to 220 miles per hour.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.

There are four cars and eleven light posts on the back of a ten-dollar bill.

All clams start out as males; some decide to become females at some point in their lives.

It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.

In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.

The largest Great White Shark ever caught measured 37 feet and weighed 24,000 pounds. It was found in a herring weir in New Brunswick in 1930. (yay new brunswick)

The Bible has been translated into Klingon.

There are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet.

Duelling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

Five Jell-O flavors that flopped: celery, coffee, cola, apple, and chocolate.

On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

In Cleveland, Ohio, it's illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.

When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25 miles per year.

When a female horse and male donkey mate, the offspring is called a mule, but when a male horse and female donkey mate, the offspring is called a hinny.

Im done for now.