Thread: Should I get this?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You sure seem to like posting about a game you've never played.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A phase, Del

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

I beat Chrono Trigger on PSX, and the loading times are slower than the ROM, but since a version of CT is available to buy in stores easily, just downloading the ROM I would deem as illegal. Try playing on PS2. It's not that bad.

Meanwhile, I loved Xenogears...but now that I'm stuck with a PS2, I've noticed that -- unless it's my disc--backward compability seems to give out at Solaris, so

To not play Chrono Trigger, is to commit a crime punishable by death. Unfortunately, since the game is so old it's near impossible to find in cartridge form unless you want to pay more than you should have to on E-bay. The PSX version, as stated above, is almost unbearable because of the 4 second load times every time you open the menu screen.

While i don't promote pirating, especially a game of such high quality, your best option is probably a rom. If you've never played it, it's definately worth the download. If load times don't bother you, then the PSX version is more worth your time, due to the added features and cutscenes.
    Last edited by Vortigar; 05-28-2005 at 07:36 AM.

There's so many extras on CT on the PS that the load times for me didn't matter much. They're not as bad as FFA (which I still beat).

My dream will never fade! MoonZapdos's Avatar

You even ask that? Go and buy it! It's one of the best RPGs around!