Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I get this?

Default Should I get this?

Chrono Trigger ; from what I read it ranks among the best (if it isn't considered THE best RPG by the person) of our beloved genre. Im thinking that if I scrape up some money, I can probably buy the Final Fantasy Anthology...thats the one with this and FF3/6, right? So, the question is, should I? Xenosaga II is coming too, and I have to probably nag my mother enough for that...but that might come to me free (Reservations are teh roxx, I can use the ol' "Ive waited for this for 2 years ^^")
    So, whats the verdict?
    mmm, citan
    You are Citan/Hyuga. You make brains so very sexy.

Which Xenogears Character Are You? (With Pictures)
    brought to you by Quizilla

YES!!! The best two RPG's of all time are FFVI and Chrono Trigger, but I'm quite sure FFIV is with Chrono Trigger and FFV and FFVI are together.

THE JACKEL

I should check GameStop when I get the chance, indeed.
    Wait, you obviously never played Xenogears...b/c it pwns every story in any RPG or game out of the water.
    mmm, citan

You only think that because you've never played Chrono Trigger.

Absolutely you should get it when you get the chance; although I'd probably reccomend you emulate the SNES version because the loading times are unholy in the Playstation version.
    Sig under construction.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Get the rom; the PSX version is soooooo SLOW...maybe it is just me seeing as how I have beat CT over 100 times on SNES.

Well...the XG story is just relentlessly good...Ill say that much (Im a fanboi ^^)...But yeah, what if you have a ps2+harddrive? Loading times still bad? If so, what emulators do I use?
    mmm, citan

As already stated, just download a SNES emulator and the rom. The best emulator imo is ZSNES. So as long as you've got a PC running directx8 or above, get that. You can get the emilator from the link below. v1.42 is the latest.

http://www.zsnes.com/index.php?page=files

As for the ROM. Just type Chrono Trigger ROM into google. You shouldn't have a problem finding it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It certainly does rank among the best. I've never had any trouble with the Chronicles version.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

There is nothing wrong with it except that it is SLOW. When you get into a battle the screen just sits there for like 5 seconds...no music or anything. Same thing after a battle is over. Then going to the menu screen is just as bad. Its terrible.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Really? I never noticed it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Also the sound is a bit off. I have beaten the game so many times that I will notice all this stuff right off the bat.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The sound is a bit off on chronicals, yes. But it doesn't take 5 seconds to get to the battle. Never for me, atleast. It's just a quick pause on my ps2.

But yah, Chrono Trigger = awesome.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

In case no one clarified this, Final Fantasy Anthology pairs Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI. Final Fantasy Chronicles has Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger. I would go and get both of those collections before Xenosaga II. Seriously, Xenogears was an incredible game, but we're talking about Xenosaga II, not Xenogears. And 'saga is not in the same league with 'gears.

I always felt that the load times for the PSX version on Chrono Trigger, even on my PS2, are unholy. A batttle is just a quick pause, yes, but the menu takes too long to load. And Frog's Frog Squash takes about 15 seconds to finish off, and they had to add that rainbow effect in there too!

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think CT was that great.. It was good, but not fantasmical like everyone is saying.

Then again, I don't think Xenogears is that great, from what I've seen of it (Never played it, watched my cousin for 15 mins... battles made me dizzy or something).

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr