Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ok.....if FFVII is considered the greatest game ever, why do so many ppl hate it?

I think that FF7:AC is going to be a great film and it's a great idea, but more than one sequel well, Is it not possible that FF7's image could be completely ruined by bringing out more FF7 stuff? I mean, yes the film I really want to see, but if they screw up like they did with FF:TSW well yeah you can probably guess where I'm coming from. Don't want my precious FF7's image damaged lol
    I'll figure it out later...

Quote Originally Posted by xlxRenoxlx
    I think that FF7:AC is going to be a great film and it's a great idea, but more than one sequel well, Is it not possible that FF7's image could be completely ruined by bringing out more FF7 stuff? I mean, yes the film I really want to see, but if they screw up like they did with FF:TSW well yeah you can probably guess where I'm coming from. Don't want my precious FF7's image damaged lol
    Well, FF7 isn't really all that precious to me but I agree. Not only could ff7's image be tarnished but all ff's in general. Just stick with the traditional way of working your way up numerically. I dont like the idea of Crisis Core or D.O.C.

FF7 was the first final fantasy game I played. I mean I bought it, first 10 mins I turned it off, couldn't beat the scorpion guard so gave up n left it. About 3 weeks later came home from school and I was bored out of my mind. So decided to pick it up and have a go. I never put the controller down when I got past that boss. I was literally gripped by the game itself. But as that was the first game I played it's stayed my favourite. The game that "Introduced" me to the marvelous world of Final Fantasy.

every1 has their 1st love of ff and probs for mst ppl its ff7 touches the heart so much...mebbe they'll release an updated version of ff7 on the ps3 jst beta graphics
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by kyuzo
    every1 has their 1st love of ff and probs for mst ppl its ff7 touches the heart so much...mebbe they'll release an updated version of ff7 on the ps3 jst beta graphics
    ^ Proves my point about the Graphics part :P and the Storyline lol.

graphics are always nice 2 look at its like the girl (or guy) dat u like u jst wanna see em 24-7

Yeah but I don't like staring at the characters ass's or revealing features lolol. I take the characters for who they are and how they are. Not by how they look

imagine ff7 as a person NOT remade = ugly bt caring and a nice personality,
    now imagine ff7 remade = nice 2 look at AND caring and a nice personality...bt life aint that nice 2 us so i'll settle for the storyline which aint been beat so far

lol you'll beat it soon don't worry. If I remember correctly it took me about 2-3 months to complete FF7 first time.

i meant the storyline of the game nt me finishing it.....

ah lol sorry misunderstood you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    No... we would demand that they leave it the way it is. Only ungrateful, selfish Neo-Gamers would ever demand such a thing. A true FFVII enthusiast would want it to stay the same; for if Square altered the game in any way, it wouldn't be the same FFVII that we have come to know and love. Get over it, it's never gonna happen.
    You're right, Shadow. I guess I'm not a true enthusiast, I'm just a wannabe. [in tears]
    But by the end of the decade, I swear I will make that revised ver. and then I'm gonna shove down your throat and make you like it! 'Cause I'm Mercen-X!!!!

Don't hate me! I'm just a scared, confused 20-yr-old kid who still lives with his parents. I only pick at the negative parts of things so I see how it can be better because I don't know how to better myself. Every time I try, I seem to fail. I sometimes feel like FF is all I have and it's like a kid to me. Despite its already being fully grown and developed I still want it to be better. That's how it is being a parent. Trust me, my mom and dad grind me about that everyday.

edit by eest: please update your post rather than double posting :D

Suggestion noted!
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 04-28-2005 at 10:59 PM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    Me

Shadow

You're right, Shadow. I guess I'm not a true enthusiast, I'm just a wannabe. [in tears]
    But by the end of the decade, I swear I will make that revised ver. and then I'm gonna shove down your throat and make you like it! 'Cause I'm Mercen-X!!!!

Don't hate me! I'm just a scared, confused 20-yr-old kid who still lives with his parents. I only pick at the negative parts of things so I see how it can be better because I don't know how to better myself. Every time I try, I seem to fail. I sometimes feel like FF is all I have and it's like a kid to me. Despite its already being fully grown and developed I still want it to be better. That's how it is being a parent. Trust me, my mom and dad grind me about that everyday.

edit by eest: please update your post rather than double posting
    My, you have me in tears. Not saying you but I wish that all ff7 fans would give up that idea of a revised edition. You dont all the ff9,8,6, fans crying for massive overhauls of THOSE games do you?
    Organized people are just to lazy to look for things.

My, you have me in tears.
    thx
    I appreciate Final Fantasy VII because it really got me through a hard time. As it is that I am so dreadfully IMperfect just like the rest of the world, I feel like something that is this easy to upgrade should be. I guess instead of focusing my energy on trying to better a damn game, I should look what I can do about reality.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 04-15-2005 at 11:26 PM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by squareSOFT

My, you have me in tears. Not saying you but I wish that all ff7 fans would give up that idea of a revised edition. You dont all the ff9,8,6, fans crying for massive overhauls of THOSE games do you?

yeah people dont want overhaul of those games cause they were released quite recently (in comparison to ff7) and the graphics were at the end of the ps1 so they will be top notch at the time