Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ok.....if FFVII is considered the greatest game ever, why do so many ppl hate it?

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Everyone has a difference in opinion. Some people can't appreciate some of the things that happen in VII, some can't overlook its graphics, and others love it for all the good things it has. Personally, it's not my favorite game in the series, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, the only one I'd profess to actually hate is VIII. I'd rather play virtually any other game before it. I think some people are insane to be able to overlook the absolutely MASSIVE flaws in the story and character of VIII, but, then, maybe some people hate VII for exactly the same reason. Cloud's all fine and dandy as a hero, but is definitely lacking in personality. I think the majority of people who dislike VII are the ones who want super-duper graphics and voice acting and the like, but, of course, there are those who just don't connect with it, and that's fine. If everyone was the same, there'd really be no point in talking about it.

Default I like to read the things I type

Kinda like, "I like to hear myself talk." Only, I hate my voice. lol

My only prob w/FF8 was the PS pocket thing, that was both lame and unfair. I also didn't like boosting GF's. Squall and Seifer and their ongoing rivalry was probably the game's only saving grace for me.

As for FF7's graphics . . . definitely. I'm the kinda kid who despises the atari and nintendo even though I grew up on them. I'm the kinda kid who likes something when it's new, but hates it the second something better comes along. I'm a gutter-snob. (that's an oxymoron) lol lol lol
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 04-15-2005 at 11:29 PM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar
    Everyone has a difference in opinion. Some people can't appreciate some of the things that happen in VII, some can't overlook its graphics, and others love it for all the good things it has. Personally, it's not my favorite game in the series, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, the only one I'd profess to actually hate is VIII. I'd rather play virtually any other game before it. I think some people are insane to be able to overlook the absolutely MASSIVE flaws in the story and character of VIII, but, then, maybe some people hate VII for exactly the same reason. Cloud's all fine and dandy as a hero, but is definitely lacking in personality. I think the majority of people who dislike VII are the ones who want super-duper graphics and voice acting and the like, but, of course, there are those who just don't connect with it, and that's fine. If everyone was the same, there'd really be no point in talking about it.

i agree with you there but im one of those people that take things as they are (usually) bt i reckon voice acting isnt all that good makes it tedious when your replaying and you already know what they gona say...ooo im gona dread who they pick for cloud in ff:ac
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by §håd0w
    No... we would demand that they leave it the way it is. Only ungrateful, selfish Neo-Gamers would ever demand such a thing. A true FFVII enthusiast would want it to stay the same; for if Square altered the game in any way, it wouldn't be the same FFVII that we have come to know and love. Get over it, it's never gonna happen.
    Seriously though, I didn't actually say what I meant to say.
    Fans of Star Wars complain everytime a revision is made to the classics. It's only because they don't want to rush out and pay for it. Despite how much people love something, it will never be theirs unless they created it and they haven't any right to judge the progenitor for his alterations.
    My intended statement was that we should never "kill the golden goose" as it were. If Square Enix is gonna keep pumping out game after game, sequel after prequel, movie after movie, remake after revision, then we should merely be thankful for the privilege to partake in such things. So many people are angry they can't play FF7I and KHFM and FFX-2+, I understand that because it isn't being released in the U.S.

I don't know how I came up with DEMAND. I must've only been half-awake.
    . . . but how many of you out there who were once unbendable fans of the Atari and Graphx (or whatever) and NES can honestly say that you haven't picked up and enjoyed newer versions. How many of you can honestly blatantly deny that you've since left these tired systems to either collect dust or serve as mere memorabilia in some sort of insane trophy case.
    If you loved the original Super Mario Brothers and they came out with a NEW UPDATED version of the EXACT same game on an ADVANCED system, could you say that it's no longer has the same qualities that you loved in the original? Honestly?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Hm, you do have a point there. I too have bought the remakes of vintage games that were released on GBA or PSX, etc...

I'd be willing to make one concession though, if it were released on PSP, then I'd put thought into buying it. And in the process of porting it over, they just made a few minor adjustments making it harder, correcting some errors, etc... then I'd get it. That is the only way though, making it portable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

planning world domination

If FFVII were to come out on the PSP, i sure would buy it. As to the main topic question, i'm not avtually sure why so many hate it, but i'm sure that there are far more who love it and think it is probably THE best RPG ever made.
    I must agree, FFVII is a legend....

Live long Final Fantasy!!

Personally I think there are more people who loved FFVI more than FFVII.

What on earth is going through your mind!!! That is a load of BULL!!!

FF7 had thousands more fans than 6, mainly coz the villain hasn't got a corny comic book laugh.
    Making a new sig

I've been playing the FF series since it began and FFVII is my favorite. Why? Because I love the story and the cast of unique characters and the music is by far some of the best I've heard by Nobuo.
    [leeza]Sig is over the 50 kb filesize limit.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by blackchocobo9999
    What on earth is going through your mind!!! That is a load of BULL!!!
    Well, right now what I'm thinking is 'Have you even played FFVI? Because most people who say those exact words comparing VI and VII have only played VII and higher.' That is what is going through my mind.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

VI isn't that good. I think VII is probably a little more fun to play the VI, but I enjoyed both. Regardless, VII is the game that made Final Fantasy into a household name and brought in a whole new generation of gamers.

well i have played FFIV upwards.
    to be honest, from VII upwards are the best, apart from IX, which became to much of a cartoon..
    i don't think so, look at Square's release statistics. FFVII made nearly $3.2 million, FFVIII made around $2.9million, i don't think FFVI made that much. I personally think that only fans would have FFVI and below.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Final Fantasy was quite popular in Japan before VII. It's the rest of the world that caught on with VII. I bought the games long before VII, as well.

yeah, i guess.
    i don't actually have the stats for FFVI, it could have made quite a lot, but i still don't think Japan alone would win against the World...

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Comparitively, it didnt make that much. I owned IV and VI for the SNES (titled as II and III, of course), and I couldnt talk FF with anyone. No one knew what the hell I was talking about. Now, after VII, a lot more people did.

Every game has its followers, though, and that has nothing to do with sales statistics. For example, I bought VII, but it isnt my favorite, so the sales stat doesnt equal the favorites stat neccesary, but it can give one a pretty good idea.