Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok.....if FFVII is considered the greatest game ever, why do so many ppl hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    Would you say a lot of VI fans despise VII?
    NO. I'm a VI fan and a VII fan, and an VIII fan, and a IX fan, wait a second, I'm an FF fan. I love basicalyl every FF game. I mean they all had their strong points.

When I meet someone who loves FFVII I ask if they played the old ones, if they say no, I don't say, hey you suck, I say, well you should they're all really good. In fact I own some version of all of them (except III) and have FFI-VIII on my computer, yes all the Final Fantasy games made through VIII are on my computer and I offer them to anyone to play. I mean I do own them all (except III) so they're all legal (except III). AH what the hell, hurry up and release III state side!!!

But yeah, it's not the FFVII fans that annoy me, it's people who claim to be fans of the whole series, but haven't played the ones before VII. I mean, that's like being a bandwagon fan for football or something, like becoming a Patriots fan(WOOHOO Dynasty!!) after they won their first superbowl. Oh, and I'm not a bandwagon patriots fan either, I'm from MA and my Dad has had season tickets for 35 years and I've been going to games as far back as I remember.

SO yeah, people I hate are fans of series, who haven't played the entire series. Oh, and people who think graphics make a game, they can help it a ton, but not make it. Oh yeah, did I mention that in every poll the game with the best graphics of all time was voted Metroid Prime. HAHAHA, makes me laugh at all the people who say GameCube graphics suck, HAHAHAHA. (sorry that was off topic)

THE JACKEL

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    *hate* VII, : p
    I can only speak for myself, but the only game I hate is Mystic Quest. ;p
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

will you laugh at me bash me or even tell me im full of crap if i mention re-release of VII?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

With the compilation of VII and all the games that have been released its certainly possible they could remake or at least re release VII but Square has said absaloutely nothing about doing so.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

interview in the OFFICIAL Playstation 2 Magazine states that Squaresoft ARe remaking the game article is from 6 months ago i might still have it somehwere or i couldve lent it out (cheats in the back for games very good ones too)

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    will you laugh at me bash me or even tell me im full of crap if i mention re-release of VII?
    No, I'd say, we can all hope. It would be nice if they re-made it. It is the most bankable in the series so has the highest probability of a re-make.

I'm playing VII *right* now for the first time. About to take on Sephiroth actually. So, fairly unbiasedly...its not perfect, it does have its faults, and generally I'd have to say yeah, it is slightly over-rated, but it's still truly fantastic. Not sure where I'd place it in my fave FF's yet, time will determine that

fanboy rivalry....you fit into my stated criteria...I bet you are quite the rebel in your bedroom. You hate VII 'fanboys'..why exactly? You appear to be a VI Fanboy. But eh..this juvenile tit-4-tat slanging match is beneath me. I made my point, which I believe is true, backed up firmly by 'The Man's' reply. I need say no more.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Why doesnt VI have sequels? Because VI cant have sequels. The ending was neat, concise, and over and done with. Games like X and VII left themselves open for more, for speculation and further gaming. I really dont know what they'd do at the end of VI that would warrant more games or movies. That and, like Aaron said, VII was the commercial success. VI never exactly caught on in America, not wide-spread like VII did. VII soared in both Japan and America, and hence the reason why it's getting sequels. It's the same reason why X got a sequel... because it was open for one, and because sales warranted risking the endeavor.

I dont see why disliking VII makes you a VI fan boy. I dont see anyone here screaming for more VI, I dont see anyone here going "OMFG KEFKA RULEZ ALL YOU ALL SUX", but apparantly the only response to "We dislike VII fanboys" is "Well YOU'RE a fanboy." I know you are but what am I, here we come.

If you'd like to explain other reasons why Aaron (The Man) is a VI fanboy, I'm open to hearing them.

I dont see why we cant have this discussion without being attacked. Well I do, and the reason has already been stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    interview in the OFFICIAL Playstation 2 Magazine states that Squaresoft ARe remaking the game article is from 6 months ago i might still have it somehwere or i couldve lent it out (cheats in the back for games very good ones too)
    Thats right and Its called Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis and Crisis Core
    Good point, VI had a neat ending with no strings left to tug at.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Indeed. The only thing VI could warrant would be a prequel, probably about the War of the Magi, but it lacks the other side of the equation: the popularity.

Most FF games have everything cleaned up and tied into a neat little package at the end... but X and VII left you wondering. X had (SPOILER)Tidus coming up out of the water at the end and left the player going OMG WHAT and VII (SPOILER)skipped ahead 500 or so years and left many to even speculate that the human race did not survive. Those games practically begged for sequels, and I think it's safe to say VII might have gotten it's set a long time ago, if not for the financial woes of Squaresoft.

And, just to clear a few things up, I do not hate VII. I dont love it, I find it to be a mediocre game. I do love many things about it though; Tifa is right below Terra as my favorite FF girl. I loved Chocobo Racing and Snowboarding, and I really enjoyed parts of the game. Things like this; games, movies, books, effect everyone differently. I was expecting another wonderful game like VI or IV, so I went into it biased. Many of those who had never played FF before perhaps went in with a different sort of bias, or none at all. But it effects everyone differently, and to expect everyone to love it is utterly ridiculous. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is, in my opinion, one of the only things worth seeing in the theatres, but not everyone loves it. That isnt a problem with me, however.

As many of us have said, VII fanboys are a turn off. That does NOT mean the fans... lemme put it this way. When ShlupQuack, ButThePoncho, and I camped out for Star Wars Episode II, we came the night before. There were interesting and fun hardcore SW fans who had been there around the same time as us. People who understood faults in the movies, but still loved them and knew lots about them. And THEN there were the slathering. "SW RULEZ EVERYTHING ELSE SUX" folks that had been there for 2 months (dont get me wrong, I liked most of them, but do you see my point?). It's people who cant stop getting into the Tifa/Aerith argument, more accurately people who get very personal with it and freak out. It's people who talk about how every other FF male was a 'pussy' compared to Cloud. It's people who say "FFVII ROX EVERYTHING SUX" that are the problem. NOT VII fans in general.

I ranted, but I just wanted to clear that up.

edit: definitions of fan boy from urbandictionary.com, just so everyone is on the same page
    -A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces.

-Someone far beyond a simple fan.

-I swear I didnt make this one up

Was once used as a term "Male prepubescent teen whom loves something overly too much" but has been changed in the recent years. It now means "One who worships Final Fantasy 7"

Fanboys are an Invasive Species. These deranged Netizens have bred and caused similar damage to the African Killer Bee and the Zebra Mussel. These people clog chatrooms, forums, and our bandwidth. Fanboys lack the ability to type coherent sentences and also lack the ability to pertain a train of thought outside of FF7. Often times, these pathetic beings will use names such as SSJCloud, XxXCloudXxX, or one of 10000 variations of the name "Sephiroth". These beings will breed (invite other fanboys) rapidly and move quickly. The damage that has been caused by these lost causes is no longer repairable.

-Biased people who think that the things they worship about are the masters of the universe. However, since they are biased, they will constantly bash opposing things instead of thinking about it and stating its positive and negative attributes.

-One who is obsessed with something and thinks people who don't like it are inferior.

-A zealot or fanatic of a brand name, character, or product. Also known as otaku in Japanese.

-One who is overobsessed with a particular game, movie series, or anime, to the point of calling anyone who says otherwise about said franchise inferior.
    Last edited by TheAbominatrix; 02-10-2005 at 06:47 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree with everything Ashley and Aaron posted.

I think VI is the best Final Fantasy game. VII is alright, but it's not in my top 4 (which would be VI, IX, V and X). VI doesn't need a sequal because it's over. The ending wasn't all that confusing, and people are happy with it. If VII was so great people wouldn't be crying for sequals and remakes and whatnot.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

IX is the worst of the 1990-1999 series of Final Fantasy i never understood it though V was a hunk of crap but X i can understand it was a very good game, VI just didnt have the juice to satisfy me maybe if i played it earlier in my life and had a SNES i woulda loved it,
    sorry bout the hard oppinions i hope it doesnt upset you but this is just the oppinion from me.

Destai notice the word REMAKE AC and Dc are sequels

LET THE HAMMER FALL

I noticed alright unfortunatelty that magazine didnt.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you love FFVII so much, why is a remake needed so badly? You should love it for what it is, or not love it at all. Although I wouldn't mind a remake for FFVI, I'd still like the original a hell of a lot better.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

but seeing the quality of X makes me want to play VII with that quality in Graphics and Music even Voice overs will be more than enough.

the magazine was the OFFICIAL PS2 mag and we've known bout AC for the past 2 years, look Destai I know you say its a lack of proof and its crap and False but if it was in any other mag id feel the same but it was in the official PS2 Magazine so chances are the article was more than likely to be true

LET THE HAMMER FALL