Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok.....if FFVII is considered the greatest game ever, why do so many ppl hate it?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

meh I still prefer 7 but the title of best music goes to VIII almost every piece in the game was top form 6 seconds to that then 4 then 7 but the thing is many people could arhue for years and not prove the point ive finished 8 9 10 and 3 but i dont tiel myself as a FF master i think 7 is the best in series because its my favourite but we have to respect other oppinions as long as they dont go outta hand and becomes dictation and facism.
    Final Fantasy became very popular when 7 came out but because of that many gamers never play 6 or below they are pretty good games except 3 and below which sucked really really bad.
    i have my reasons for liking VII but dont take a hippy fit over it.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    Chrono Trigger is out in the UK it was released with FFIV as Final Fantasy chronicles i can get tactics and Xenosaga off a thing called eBay.
    i havent played tactics at all but i have played tactics advance.
    >.<............

No you cant play any of those games! *STRESSED* The chrono series, Xeno series or FFT. You cant play any of them without hard to find and possibly illegal setup because theyre NTSC format. (they dont work on European PS2,s, DVD players etc.)

calling FF7 the greatest game ever is unfair statement unlesss you've actually played every game ever made. Obviously you haven't, and your opinion is valid and all, but that's not too much evidence for your case.
    Just because I hate looking bad, I would like to clear up that that's actually not my opinion, only what I've heard said about the game over and over and over again up until I entered these forums. My whole point was that everyone seemed to think it epitomized the perfect game up until I came here and found people bashing it like crazy. It just kinda surprised me, that's all. I love FFVII, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it the greatest game ever, either. That would be quite fan-boyish. Or fan-girlish, in my case. I'm not the type of person who goes around squealing that one thing is better than everything else in existence.

Now Zelda.......NOTHING compares to Zelda. It is golden, and holy. Bow before the power of the Master Sword, ye of inferior opinions.

(just kidding)
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Now Zelda.......NOTHING compares to Zelda. It is golden, and holy. Bow before the power of the Master Sword, ye of inferior opinions.
    whoo Tetra forever!

AMENZ!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

lol
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

i bought Chrono trigger from the shops in the FF chronicles pack

LET THE HAMMER FALL

I cant explain it, The PAL version was never created. If you have that upgrade (which thanks to you, Im seriously considering to buy) you should be able to use it but it shouldnt have been released in any shops in the UK. It was second hand I guess and traded in or something like that would be my guess.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

well it was cheap meh musta been 2nd hand. My PS2 plays copied NTSC and Pal games aswell

LET THE HAMMER FALL

I think most people are just bitter their beloved Final Fantasy VI didn't get the recognition they wanted. My opinion is that if Final Fantasy VI got the attention Final Fantasy VII gets they would have no complaint about Final Fantasy VII. So it's really all biased opinions. The fact of the matter is having played both, and once again stating that Final Fantasy VI was the game that began my love for Final Fantasy, both are excellent games and have good traditional game play with hours of fun. They are both different, with different backstories and characters. So to compare them to each other is foolish. They are both gems in their own right. Final Fantasy VII didn't get such high marks in both the United States and Japan because it wasn't good. It kicked much booty.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yes, because if we dont like your game the best, we're obviously just bitter. Get off it, that's such a cop out explination. It's not my favorite because it's not my favorite. I've listed numerous reasons why it's not my favorite, as has everyone else. And all we get in return is 'You're just bitter'. How childish.

Okay- I might be repeating some stuff because I got here late, but I want to put my two bits in anyway.
    First of all-
    No FF game sucks. Plain and simple. They are all a notch over alot of games that say they're great. Let me get even clearer in that statement.
    No Squaresoft game sucks for that matter. (Chrono Trigger rocked, so I had to add that in the mix.) So Hardcore FF7 fans who say-
    "FF6 ARE TEH SUX0RZ" Have probably not even played the game.
    Kinda like me hating broccoli as a kid cause I would'nt try it. Of course, Because of these FF7 fans spreading bad rumors because the others gave a different view have prevented alot of people from even trying the earlier releases.
    That makes me sad.
    And Secondly-
    An RPG game is not about 'Better Graphics' or a 'Better Battle System'. It's all about one thing. Story, Story, Story. You may not realize it when you're playing, but all RPG's are- are stories.
    Alot of people who've played FF6 (as stated by theabominatrix) went into FF7 with high expectations. Personally, I can't really say anything about FF7, as I have'nt played through all of it. (Because my grandma did something with disk 2&3.) Back to the point...
    The FF6 people were kind of dissapointed, because they set their sights too high. That does'nt mean they all hated it. If you think that, then you're just stereotyping. But FF7 fans who don't want to play a game with 'Bad Graphics' or a 'slow battle system' are the worst. They are not true FF fans.

I started playing final fantasy on the 8th installment. Personally, because it was a gift from my mom (whom I do not see very often) FF8 holds a special spot in my heart. FF9 was the second one, and I loved that one as well. I love all of the FF games.
    In short, all the Squaresoft games are winners. Just some more than others.

Last but not least-
    Considering FF6 has such a complete ending, it does'nt need a sequel.
    FF7 and 10 had loose ends to tie up, so they're more apt to sequels.
    I have one thing to say though. I hated FFX-2. Period. Yes i've played it, And i hate it. It was probably the least successful of any of the Final Fantasies in any scope, except money. Squaresoft pulled a sucker punch on me, but I can forgive them.

Because I was borrowing it.

About KH- I would've rather fought Kefka. Kefka would've been a bit more fun to fight against. Now BOTH... That would rock.

EDIT- Now think about it, folks. If it were'nt for FF1 hitting so big in the olden days, we would'nt even be talking about this right now. Be greatful for the old ones.
    EDIT 2- When I meant No FF game sucks, I meant ALMOST no FF game sucks. I forgot to add that.
    I completly despise X-2.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 02-17-2005 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman222
    So Hardcore FF7 fans who say-
    "FF6 ARE TEH SUX0RZ" Have probably not even played the game.
    Generally those who say stuff like that haven't played anything but FFVII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I just don't like the direction that the direction took with FFVII. It was really not the first game to head in this direction. FFVI was trying just as hard to be that epic and cinematic, but as we all know, cartridges have teh s uck. It was the introduction of FMV and detailed character models into the series that really made it so different. Suddenly we can spend 5 hours watching the characters talk about their feelings. I'm not saying these things wouldn't have happened in an earlier game, but they didn't. Not to that extent anyway. It was the things that these games introduced that people latched on to. Suddenly what made an RPG and RPG changed.

Am I bitter about it? Yes.

People have a seriously distorted historical perspective of the game. There is no one feature of the game (graphics, sound, etc.) that had not already been done better. People are also quick to dish out hate on Ted Woolsey for his habit of completely changing things in his scripts, but these same people tend to neglect how terrible the translation of FFVII was. Was it a good game? Sure. Was it the best ever? I don't think so. It certainly isn't the best selling RPG of all time. Only Enix's games get to claim that honor. My point is that I am indeed bitter but only because I don't think FFVII deserves all the praise it gets. It's a fun a game and I like it, but I'd be hard pressed to care less about the characters in it. Except Heidegger of course, but that's only because he exceeds the confines of the genre.

Really, I don't get what the fuss is over Cloud. Or Sephiroth for that matter. Is it the big sword thing? Or is it just that they both look feminine? Perhaps it's a combination of the two. In any event, FFVII changed the face of RPGs forever. I just think we coulda found a better archetype. Like Square's Tom Sawyer for example.

i will agree, everyone thinks he's great because he destroyed a village and killed aeris, a village of defencless people and 1 major character, and he spent the rest of the game on the run, reall bad ass... i personnaly like ffVIII better, i don't know why. ffVII was a great game, yeah, but the best, don't count on it.