Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok.....if FFVII is considered the greatest game ever, why do so many ppl hate it?

Were you responding to me? Well anyway I want the remake because I love VII in general and I want to feel the magic again on the PS2 console with the graphics, reorchestrations, voice overs, character detail etc. that a game that brilliant deserves. I see your point and its a good one, I'll always love the original and in that sense Id much prefer the original to a sequel.

The magazine either got the translations or the research wrong. Theyre the official PS2 mag, not Square-Enix who hasnt made any announcements about a remake. OPS2 can only spare so much interest per game and AC or DOC was printed as a remake instead of a sequel. S-E make the games. Not OPS2.
    Last edited by Destai; 02-10-2005 at 07:08 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

well we'll just have to ait and see if the article was right when i can be bothered ill go look for it.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    It's people who cant stop getting into the Tifa/Aerith argument, more accurately people who get very personal with it and freak out. It's people who talk about how every other FF male was a 'pussy' compared to Cloud. It's people who say "FFVII ROX EVERYTHING SUX" that are the problem. NOT VII fans in general.
    Thank you. Due to various message board politics-related reasons, I've been forced to suffer through many Tifa vs. Aerith arguments on AdventChildren.net, and I can honestly say that many of the people arguing in those threads have less of a life than I do. When you have less of a life than I do, you know something's wrong.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

xD Poor Aaron and his lack of life.

As for the VII remake comments, we have NOT known about AC for two years. It was announced rather recently. Im not denying that you saw this info in the Official PS magazine, but seeing as it isnt on any official SquareEnix site it has no leg to stand on. Square is the final word, and they have said nothing about it. They've announced Advent Children (a movie), Before Crisis (a cellphone game), Crisis Core (not much info except they said that it was NOT a remake), and Dirge of Cerebrus (a PS2 game). They have not announced a remake, nor plans for a remake. I think they said it was possible, however.

Thank you! Crisis cores a PSP game supposedly. And dont miss the added paragraph in my last post although Abominatrix summed it up quite nicely.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

wtf? i was told about AC last year but the guy i was told off he knew bout it for another year when it was only a rumour.

I've been through millions of Aeris/Tifa arguements the only thing that bothers me now is the stupid thing of AERITH i know it was that in KH but in VII it was Aeris ok so just try to get it through that both translations are correct but it's Aeris in FF7 so we should really say Aeris but if you're willing to argue to hell over it than im gone

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It's been 'rumored' since VII was released. That's just internet crap for ya. I've seen no less than 20 fake VII sequels and remakes announced at various websites.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

no this is exactly Advent Children, when the project started nerds managed to get info and spread it

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

If it started two years ago, why isnt it done yet? I highly highly doubt that, and will continue to doubt it until evidence is presented. It's very easy to say "I knew about it two years ago!"

I don't see why everyone hates it either o.o I love FF7 one of my most fav games ever n_n

Final Fantasy VII brought a lot of innovation to the series but so did every other game, I loved Final Fantasy VII, but I loved the others in the series equally as much. I hate people that blow off the other games in the series and hold Final Fantasy VII as the only good installment. Some of these people I suspect have not even played any of the other games, and some I suspect have not even completed VII.

Frusterating.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

ok one thing how long do you think it takes? graphic designs music composing voice overs SFX animation theres more but those are just some things it can vary from 7 months to 4 years

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You answered that yourself. It varies. With the amount of people Square has working on it, I highly doubt it would take two years. I might, but I doubt it.

Regardless, I refuse to believe every person on the internet who says these things. If I believed all of them, I'd go insane. It's ridiculous to believe these people, who have no proof.

Articles

I've yet to read the entire thread, but I will and I'll edit my post when I'm done. However, this post caught my attention immediately:

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Most people are annoyed by the fact that this is the one everyone is a slathering fanbody over, and that a great many have ignored the series before it. I think VI is by far the greatest game ever, and most certainly the greatest FF.
    This really hits the nail on the head. I think FF7 may be a little bit higher on my personal list of favorites then that of TheAbominatrix (it's either third or fourth, for the record ), but FF7 has, by far, the largest following of fanboys of any game ever made. Many of the players who weren't playing RPGs prior to the PS1 generation of consoles won't give the 2D titles a second look. Granted, the general population of users of these forums don't seem to be serious offenders in that respect, and on the other hand, there are a good many people who have played the majority of the games in the series, and yet still hold FF7 as their favorite, and that's fine. The title of "Best FF" is a subjective one - it's all a matter of individual opinion, and that's a point that has been reiterated dozens of times throughout the history of the boards and should go without saying at this point.

I won't lie and say I grew up playing the FF games. The first one I played was FF7 (and to make it worse, several years after it was initially released. In fact, it introduced me to RPGs like it did so many other gamers who currently enjoy the genre), but I still had no problem going back playing the older games. I've played them all, and finished them all besides 3j and 5j. My personal favorite is VI, and not because giving that answer solidifies one's position as a respectable veteran.

VII is a good game, but even though I feel it's a futile argument to make, I still must say it's truely the most overrated game in the series. I like it - I've played through it six times - but there were FF titles released prior to, and following, VII.

I also share the sentiments of many users that Sephy wasn't really that wonderful. He's somewhat cliche'd, and there are much more original villains out there (like FFVI's Kefka).

EDIT: Just finished reading most of the thread, and noticed that most of what I just said is support for arguments already established.

EDIT2:

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    Would you say a lot of VI fans despise VII?
    I feel that perhaps there are some FFVI fans that exaggerate the negativity of their opinion towards FF7 (whether it's a conscious action or not), out of annoyance at the fans who praise FF7 as the Great One. If that's the point that you're trying to make, then it's a good one.
    Last edited by Sepho; 02-10-2005 at 09:00 PM.

The largest difference that stands out to me is the Dark Modern theme. When it comes to RPG's in general I dislike the past medieval theme that all the other FF's have before VII. How many RPG's have the same theme as VII? It certainly strikes me as unique in that way.