Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

Thread: Ok.....if FFVII is considered the greatest game ever, why do so many ppl hate it?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Did you mean to put this in the FFVIII forum?

FFVII is my favorite game of all time. It's just amazing. FFVI is good too, but I like FFVII better...maybe because it was my first? I'm not sure.

It's like TehAbominatrix initially said though: people don't hate FFVII so much as they get annoyed by all the rabid FFVII fanboys. I'm an FFVII fan, but even I get annoyed by that. FFVI is great, as well as FFX. I don't really think FFVI has a story that can compare, and though the characters are lovable, they don't have very much depth because there's just too many of them. Still a great game though.

FFVII is the most popular though because it was the first to be 3D, and it came out right when everyone in America started buying Playstations. American FFIII(FFVI) was pretty popular in the SNES days too though.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    Did you mean to put this in the FFVIII forum?
    Why would put it there?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    Why would put it there?
    Because FFVIII is the one I hear everyone complain about how horrible it is, and FFVII is the opposite.

But maybe I'm just looking in weird places?
    I like Kung-Fu.

In my opinion I believe that FFVII is the best in the series and the best game of all time. The storyline, gameplay, music and characters personalities just made it my favourite. It was also the only game up to now to I actually felt an emotion for (when Aeris died). No other game has ever done that. I've enjoyed every Final Fantasy i've played, which I admit isn't all of them but the majority, and I think that although every Final Fantasy is good, the only one that I have actually not wanted to put down was FF7. Maybe it was because it was the first game I bought for my PSX, and the first Final Fantasy 7, but in my opinion, nothing else has been able to match it
    The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty - Amarant Coral FFIX
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but so would a 90lb carrot"

I think FF VII shown a lot of good promise and it was certainly a step in a brand new direction...
    gone were the 2D "dancing" sprites, gone were the days of 2D gaming.
    but what makes most older fans mad is of course its fanboys and fangirls, certianly I myself started with FF VII but I found that the other games were just as good or sometimes better [like FF VI]

I concider myself an all around FF fan, all of the games have thier good points and bad points, the only ones I didnt like were FF VIII and FF II but those are within reason.
    but my biggest shout out is those who flame the older games for thier graphics, those arguements make me sad...

I'll start out by saying I'm probably considered an FF7 fanboy by definition. It started six years ago; every time I visited my friend's house, he or his brother would be playing FF7. I soon learned just how long the game is. I had never encountered a game that required so many hours of play to complete, even though it took me 3 years to finish Super Mario World. (Hey, I was really young then...) Well, a lot of things got me immediately hooked on FF7. The futuristic theme, the music!!, the smooth gameplay, the hairstyles, Tifa, the Turks, the fact that it was my first RPG... It was my new favorite game of all time. And that was before I played it all the way through.

But I'm officially crazy. I started a project to maximize everyone's stats to 255 with their worst weapon equipped and no materia, get the maximum number of every item, plus all the standards like breeding a gold chocobo, etc. I had to start over at least four times for various reasons like missing the HP Shout, not preserving the final Battery, not receiving the Vagyrisk Claw from Fort Condor... In August I took a break from that to play all the other Final Fantasy games as well as other classics I had missed like Earthbound and Chrono Trigger. Well, I've beaten all Final Fantasy games except FFT, FF3, and FFX-2 since then. Probably because I started with it, FF7 is still my favorite.

Maybe there's a whole subcategory of fanboy that wastes thousands of hours of his time on insane Final Fantasy projects with no meaning. Well, this post was long and pointless too. The point is I like most of the FF games a lot, but only waste incredibly massive amounts of time on 7 because it's my favorite.

Is the debate everyone's talking about FF6 vs FF7 now when it used to be FF7 vs FF8?