Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whereeeeee...is the Counter Materia?

Default Whereeeeee...is the Counter Materia?

I cannot find the counter materia, only one I haven't got, my fiancee said it's in the Northern Cave near the glowing light...I've been to every glowing light there & nothing, I even did what I NEVER do as a last resort & went to an online walkthrough that said It was on the Left-Up path, I seen the glowing light, walked all over that bitch & got nothing, do u think the Redoubtable Bone Village might have it?

From what I remember, it's after the Materia Keeper(I think), in Mt. Nibel.

not the Counter Attack Materia, the Counter Materia, I've already gave birth to 3 Other Counter Attacks. It's a Support Materia I believe and you can get a great combo with Deathblow when mastered. It counters with Command (Yellow) materia. But thanks for replying.

Left-up Path

The green up top is concealing a yellow materia, you should be able to see it. It is the W-Magic Materia. Also the giant ball of light at the bottom of the screen has a Counter Materia. When you have both of these, exit to the left side. You will now be at the point of no return. Talk to your party members when they arrive to get their stuff. You can also get a Luck Source from the Chest.

That's directly from a guide. If you can't get it, maybe you already have it.. o_O

command counter is best with mime, after w-summoning knights/phoenix, hehe it wrecked the weapons, as well as final attack mime with knights/pheonix, I didn't even have to do anything!!!

THE JACKEL

It's definately not there...I dunno if i had it & accidentally trashed it with the several deadwood I had or I just never got it at all, Can you get it Chocobo Racing? I've noticed a few times 'Counter' coming up as a prize. Again thanks for your time.

I don`t think you can get it racing but I`m sure it`s in apool of light just b4 u reach the point of no return jus run in the light and tap circle
    Thats me in the blue sporting the Edward Scissorhands haircut

Thanx for the cool Siggie Starry Relm.
    :evilking: :evilking:

Hi!

Sorry to bring up such a old threat.
    But i really need the Counter Materia to beat emerald weapon.
    When i go down in the final cave, it says i only can slide down.
    can i still get the counter materia down dere, and leave the cave somehow? or is it another way to get it?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Yes, you can leave the Northern Crater after entering.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

This thread can also leave the depths long after it reaches the bottom.

Go!I do remember knowing where the Counter materia was and still having an issue actually picking it up!

Boco

Quote Originally Posted by redxiiii View Post
    I don`t think you can get it racing but I`m sure it`s in apool of light just b4 u reach the point of no return jus run in the light and tap circle
    You can get it racing but its rare...counter pops up many times in the chocobo arena but you can only get the blue counter in the A class I believe, dont quote me on the class but its one of them. I have done this for years when I replay the game. Just so you know you cant get it in bone village. The best way to do it is get yourself the black or gold chocobo and race thru c class and b class then leave gold saucer and save your game. return to the saucer and re-save with gp at the station so you dont have so far to go when you reset the game. Then you return to chocobo racing and start racing::however if the counter does not appear lose the race on purpose so you dont advance your bird. Only try when counter appears. This will get you 3 attempts at the materia before resetting the game and trying all over. I am not sure about this next part, but I only have luck getting the materia when I race the long race. In the past the short races have only yielded me purple or physical counter attack materia and you have plenty of them. I am playing FFVII now and am nearing the racing part so I will win it again and repost the exact class and race I got it. Hope this helps-also it may depend on how far you are in the game before letting the blue counter appear. IE: not letting it appear before you get to 3rd disk or near the end of the game...Im sure they dont want you to have such a powerful materia early in the game.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It's like getting FFVII advice from my 7th grade Math teacher!

Boco COUNTER LOCATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    I cannot find the counter materia, only one I haven't got, my fiancee said it's in the Northern Cave near the glowing light...I've been to every glowing light there & nothing, I even did what I NEVER do as a last resort & went to an online walkthrough that said It was on the Left-Up path, I seen the glowing light, walked all over that bitch & got nothing, do u think the Redoubtable Bone Village might have it?
    If you are truly looking for the "command" counter it is only in one location and thats the northern crater where that light is really bright...you cannot see it you just have to walk around til you grab it hitting the circle button repeatedly...the w-magic materia is at the top near the tree-line and the command counter is in the center of the spiral of lights...you just go to the center and it kind of guides you to it once you get close. It is possible you discarded it if you threw away counter attack materias haphazardly but it should have been kinda hard it stands out when compared with counter-attack materia. There is also magic counter you win after getting the gift of luck at chocobo racing...it isnt bad enough you have to wait for it to appear but you also have to win and hope your symbol comes up under the winning numbers from winner's circle you created. Hope this helps

Are you serious?

Look at the date of these posts. The users probably are dead already.

Boco WHICH COUNTER?? THERE ARE 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Which one are you looking for? There are 3 of them? There is counter-attack materia (purple-easy to get), magic counter (chocobo racing gift/hard to find), and command counter (northern crater-in last room before you are forced to commit to the end::its in the center of the bright light spiral-PS w-magic materia is also in this room at the top near the treeline)