View Poll Results: Are walkthroughs worth buying?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...buy..buy..buy!

6 18.75%
  • Neh waste of $

21 65.63%
  • Duno

5 15.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are walkthroughs worth buying?

Are walkthroughs worth buying?

Are they?
    O' Death Be Not Proud...

watse of money in my opinion trust me your better off figuring it out on your own and making the well-worth mistakes.Trust the only game walkthrough thats worht buying is MorrowindOTY walk-through.Trust me when you beat tribunual bloodmoon and morrowind main quest.Did allt eh guild quest.Then yout hinkt here is nothing else to do wrong.Pick up that walk-through and you'll find over a thousand quest to do and also i think it was 5 thousand dungeons and bandit-caves to hit.Also being a vampire owns.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I can admit that I started to collect strategy guides . Yes, they're very useful, it beats running to the computer whenever you get stuck because you forgot where to go, you forgot what you had to go get or need tips on something . But, yes it costs a fair bit of money. I wouldn't call it a waste, because later in life, if you keep it in good condition it could be worth more than you paid for (kinda like hockey cards )

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

The fact that there's a large website dedicated to walkthroughs makes buying them useless unless it's a personal hobby or for the pictures.

I find the walkthroughs over on gamefaqs.com to be better done and more useful then any strategy guide I've ever picked up. The one for The Third Age is so horredously messed up it's practically useless. Yes, I am exagerating, but it's really poorly done

Why buy walkthroughs when you have GameFAQs?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    The fact that there's a large website dedicated to walkthroughs makes buying them useless unless it's a personal hobby or for the pictures.

I find the walkthroughs over on gamefaqs.com to be better done and more useful then any strategy guide I've ever picked up. The one for The Third Age is so horredously messed up it's practically useless. Yes, I am exagerating, but it's really poorly done
    She speaks the truth.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I buy them for the pictures. Which is not saying alot, because most often, I don't need it, so I don't buy walkthroughs.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I collect Square official strategy guides, some of them I've never used, I just collect them.

Blog Entries

Not when you have the internet.

Yea walkthroughs really fell through the market when GameFAQs appeared, there are quality walkthroughs there(not to mention FF ones made by our local Dingo Jellybean which i use) that although not as visually appealing, is sufficient and good enough not to waste 20 bucks for a walkthrough which i could save up for another game. The point now is...why? =/

I also dont get MMO Walkthroughs -_-; They change so rapidly that sooner or later the entire walkthrough besides the basics are changed.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I don't see the point in buying games if I'm going to purcase a walkthrough to guide me through it. Games are meant to be explored, enjoyed and ultimately solved by the player, not bypassed with the help of an expert guide.

So, yes, they're a waste of $/£.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by lionx

I also dont get MMO Walkthroughs -_-; They change so rapidly that sooner or later the entire walkthrough besides the basics are changed.
    The guide for FFXI was just so, so bad. I mean really. BAAAAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    The guide for FFXI was just so, so bad. I mean really. BAAAAD.

I know ; ; I seen people say WAR/WHM is good because the strat guide said so... >< Its horribly frustrating..*cries with Miriel*

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I used to get them after I finished a game and before I knew the internet had walkthroughs. The pictures and artwork are nice.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Hmmm I rather visit gamefaqs a few times then buy a walktrough myself. Altough I am thinking on buying on for GTA: San Andreas

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)