Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Because Valentine's Day is close...

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    We had a discussion like this in my class once. I think you need money and love to be happy. I'd be perfectly happy being with someone I love in a middle class situation. I'd still be extremely happy with someone I love in a poor situation too, but still, you need some money to be comfortable.
    It's about freakin' time somebody thought of this. This definetly prooves my thought that money rules all of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo
    Love :<3: I'm a hopeless romantic. :fplove:
    I'd also have to agree with what The Captain said

Anyway...here's something I got a few months back, which I think is summed up beautifully:

Life is a game.
    It doesn't matter what you have or how much you've acquired.
    If at the end of it all, there's someone who loves you, with all your faults and absurdities, then you've won.
    You've won the game of life.

Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.

Henry Miller

I'd pick the former ; successful with no love at all. Living in comfort, yay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan would be proud.

I'd rather have love. :fplove:

:whaaa: I've adopted this smiley

Quote Originally Posted by >>--heartshot--> ♥
    Having a superficial leverage like money is exactly the same as having a superficial leverage like being attracitve. But at least you're getting love in either case.
    Superficial leverages only work at the formation and opening stages of a relationship. Money and looking dayum fine can make the person appear more 'attactive', yet both won't last very long if what is wanted in a relationship is actual 'love' and companionship; as opposed to mainly an economic or egotistical benefit.
    That's really my hair.

"Faris, Calvin; you don't seem to understand! This is not a thread about homosexuality! Girls can love Barret! Guys can love Barret! It's not gay! Barret's love is beyond any form of gay-ness. It is transcendent; like the sun and moon and stars! It's like loving God! Would you say a boy who loves God is gay? That's what I thought!

So please, don't fight. Just spead the love! And the Barret sexyness. RAWR! =D~"

- Linxiaotuzi

I'd rather have love. One of the greatest emotions of all. Can't fight it....much....
    It's like, you hear a symphony when you fall in love instantly...
    I hate my life.

I'd take love over riches. Sure, I wouldn't want to be a bum on the street, but I don't need to be rolling in money either. ^^

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by princeofdarknez
    I just thought of some side questions to which I'd like to see responses. If you're one of those guys who likes to support and help people, what if you founded some medical technology that saved countless lives? Would that make you happy? Happier than having a family that loved you? What if you knew you probably couldn't sustain a family given your personality or your ambition? Would you still try and fail to start a family, or pursue a career?
    If I make a miracle drug: I don't know if it would make me happier than a family or not (it would depend on if I'd tried and failed before), but consider this: what if shortly after, I fell for a girl who'd been saved by the medical miracle I founded? Suppose also that the miracle procedure was horrifically expensive to do, and thus gobbled up 95% of the profits, so while I'm not starving in the street, I'm not a "high-roller", either. I wonder what would happen then?

If I would have a hard time sustaining a marraige due to my personality or ambition: the ideal solution, of course, would be to find someone like me (though it could be hell on the kids psychologically, if we got married, since both of us might be career-obsessed). In the meantime, though, success all the way, and hope to meet someone like me someday.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)